• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

What? But I need to go grab me 16GB's of British RAM on the way home first!

Edit: Which I've just realised probably someone is going to post that gif of the 'u wot m8' Ram butting a punch bag. If that happens I'm deeply sorry.

Is British Ram measured using the metric system?

Parsnip

Is British Ram measured using the metric system?
Good luck measuring this guy.

8jQhVIj.jpg

fantomena

Tomb Raider Rise shows that I need to upgrade asap. Pascal can't come fast enough, but I will require myself to purchase the Pascal card which has at least 6 GB VRAM. VRAM and SLI are the bottlenecks with my current GTX 690, other than that it's super good card.

I bought my first computer with 16 gigs of ram in 2009. I think my next computer should have 32 gigs at least. 6 years with the same amount of ram seems like a good run.

Teggy

Everybody enjoy Tomb Raider, it's a fun game!*

* disclaimer - Uncharted 2 is the best game of all time and I liked Thi4f. Any failure to enjoy Rise of the Tomb Raider is your own fault I can't be held liable for any damages resulting from said lack of enjoyment.

Kuroyume

Banned
Has anyone every gotten anything even half decent from the Mystery modbot givaways? Usually it's free shit from indiegala or whatever.

brau

Has anyone every gotten anything even half decent from the Mystery modbot givaways? Usually it's free shit from indiegala or whatever.

there is one giving away RotTR... maybe a page back?

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A game involving tombs but with no Sam -- MB-6E64AAAF10C59929 - Taken by arts&crafts. 29 entrants total.

t1454008206z1.png

Phinor

Holy shit Rise of the Tomb Raider is £41.69 on the Win10 Store, and that's with 10% off. Good luck with that fellas.

Also 60€ in European Windows 10 store, while the RRP is 50€ in every other store known to man, including Steam. Great effort Microsoft, I bet you'll do fine in the PC market.

(Obviously 10% off from those prices right now.)

Dr Dogg

Speaking of achievements, 103 Steam Achievements for RotTR! Blimey I think I got 40 odd of the 65 on Xbone but that's a fair few more for the season pass stuff.

Are PC perf threads like the TR thread all the time?
Or is that one guy just an exception?

Not normally but the new breed of PC gamer does tend to have more nutters than the old guard. That's not exclusively a GAF problem though.

What in the world is going on with that Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 13: Love for the 13th Time™ game? $90, and no English support, is this common for those games?

What in the world is going on with that Romance of the 3 Kingdoms 13: Love for the 13th Time™ game? $90, and no English support, is this common for those games?

I decree that RotTK shall be brought up in every page for the rest of eternity!

I think it's just because they are pricing it as the exchange rate for China or Japan. They don't actually expect English speakers to buy it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yesssss

I've been whining about the difficulty and RNG of the game, but now that I've managed to beat it, I of course realise it's a game of strategy, planning and pure skill.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

watched the quicklook for that game and the systems looked interesting but the whole cannibalism aspect of it just freaks me out

no tyty

Knurek

Question to all of ya hardware gurus...

My GPU fan is locked at 33%. It goes up with temperature, but just doesn't want to go below that value (~roughly 1100 rpm).

My idle temp is at around 33 Celsius, so I think the card should handle lower fan values just fine. Any way to force them? Tried NVIDIA inspector and MSI afterburner, no dice.

looks rough, but good idea to make you teleport between rooms and only moving inside the room (if you have big enough space for it, that is)

Dr Dogg

As much as the extra graphics bells and whistles are nice and quite the upgrade, framerate improvements in RotTR are by far the most 'bloomey!' difference for me. Screenies to follow...

Copons

So I guess with my 780 I won't be able to max the shit out of ROTR if I want more than 30fps?

At least I hope console versions have a worse framerate so I can rub it in. :3

XShagrath

Gave RotTR a spin for a few seconds. My 7950 is getting 30-45fps on high (at least in the intro area). I don't want to buy a new video card, but I'll probably buy a new video card.

That probably also means I'll need a new power supply too, which isn't a bad thing. I didn't go modular last time, and have really been looking for a reason to get one to clean up my case a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom