• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Yeah well, i understand that they're small and can't to everything at once but....
If they don't patch that stuff in (Free or as paid DLC for all i care, i don't mind it coming a few months later), then i'll have a really good reason to just not buy their next game unless it's on sale or an Bundle.

I don't mean that in a meanspirited way, but if i can't trust the dev beeing able to support the version i bought as much as the others, then i'm not willing to buy a game for "Full price" of 20€.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).

Cities XL -- MB-482F91B8EF6CD3E8 - Taken by Cyldman

For Aslan.

There such a small studio that they only have the man power to port their game to 4 other platforms and develop and add new content to 2 of those. Adding that content to the already made PC version is just too much work clearly...

I know that is /s, but I really do not understand why it doesnt work. I mean isnt the content for the console-versions even coded on a PC?

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand either, game was on my wishlist and planned to get it eventuall, but I'm a little disgusted at their attitude towards their community, so I think I'll only get it if it's bundled for cheap.

Same here.
The trend now seems like this: release your game on PC > the game turns out to be good, so you decide to port it to console and mobile > release the console version with exclusive contents so people who bought it on PC will probably take it again > release an "enhanced edition" of your game, maybe with a discount on PC, but later.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I get too attached to my guys, that would make it worse!

Only lost 5 so far, ignoring all the crappy level 0 pitch black cash runners! 4 to a Shambler wipe and 1 to the Siren.

Whats a level 0 pitch black cash runner? Is thst like doing a gold run in rogue legacy?

so Tom Braider is pretty great and really beautiful, but Lara's hair constantly defying gravity and it's really breaking the immersion.

Happens in cut scenes and in the game. Very strange. And I have 'sexy hair' turned off.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Capcpom Posts Jump In Sales, Operating Income On Back Of Monster Hunter X Success

Capcom continues to find success with the wildly popular Monster Hunter franchise. The latest title in the series, Monster Hunter X, propelled the company to post significant gains for the first nine months of the current fiscal year.

Compared to the first three quarters of last fiscal year, Capcom saw a 19.3 percent gain in sales to ¥57 billion ($480.6 million). Operating income increased nine percent to ($89.3 million).

The publisher’s video game revenue grew by 11.3 percent to ¥36 billion ($303.9 million). Monster Hunter X, which hasn’t been released outside of Japan yet, moved 3.2 million copies, exceeding expectations of 2.5 million.

Looking ahead, Capcom suggests that it anticipates shipments of 2 million copies of Street Fighter V. It is due out on February 16 for PlayStation 4 and PC.

Capcom saw a dip in its arcade operations, but amusement hardware (the actual machines), including pachinko and pachislot recovered significantly. Capcom says that is due in part to success of a Resident Evil 6 pachinko machine, but its Asura’s Wrath-branded equipment was weak.

The publisher also notes that its Luigi’s Mansion arcade game and others in that sub-category were still sluggish. Capcom has not put a fine point on what games we should expect in its next fiscal year. The company’s eyes are set on Street Fighter V as its final remaining major release for the year ending March 31, 2016.

Our Take
Capcom seems to finding its groove a bit more. With the likelihood we’ll see Monster Hunter X come west and Street Fighter V, the company has a solid foundation on which to build for the 2016-17 fiscal year.

Dr Dogg

There's a Luigi's Mansion arcade game? Why do I not know these things!

Edit: The Division is live!

Edit, edit: And has a bloody 800mb update!

Whats a level 0 pitch black cash runner? Is thst like doing a gold run in rogue legacy?

4 level zero randoms straight off the stagecoach and send them into a low level dungeon with no supplies. Snuff out the light to maximise loot drops and go as far as you can grabbing as much as you can. Once they are all but dead and completely mad exit the dungeon, bank the loot and get rid of them!

Anteater

Ramza is looking cute

cz4ednbwyaahsmpxuof0.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why was this removed?

326340 Removed store name – River City Super Sports Challenge ~All Stars Special~

Did Arc System Works make a mistake again? That game just came out last month.

Likely a bug. A handful of OSTs and a piece of X-Plane DLC were yanked, too, and they've temporarily dropped off the store quite a few times lately.

Edit: I see 2K finally yanked the Japanese version of Mafia 2. Someone there reads this thread.

Stitch

Gold Member
Umihara Kawase games are still not back on Steam. I guess the report about them coming back was false or Degica forgot to put them back up.

edit: There's also nothing about it on their twitter...

Dr Dogg

Ok after almost blowing up my Pc by starting in 5120x2880 I can safely say The Division is a PC game through and through. Looks fucking orders of magnitude better than the Xbone version and there's so flipping much more to tweak, not just graphics setting wise that there's about 4 times as much stuff in the menus.

UPlay Servers down in 3, 2, 1...

Give me 10 mins to get the PC in the living room setup and I'll join your squad.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
IndieGala "Indie Reaction" Bundle

Pay $2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get the following 12 Fantastic Steam Games!

Pay only $1 and Get these 3 great games!

Putrefaction (STEAM) +
Potatoman Seeks the Troof (STEAM) +
Hills Of Glory 3D (STEAM)

Pay only $2.89 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and Get The Entire Bundle of 12 Steam Games!

No Turning Back: The Pixel Art Action-Adventure Roguelike (STEAM) +
GooCubelets: The Algoorithm (STEAM) +
Death Tractor (STEAM) +
Miracle Fly (STEAM) +
Labyrinth Simulator (STEAM) +
Spirit of War (STEAM) +
Morphine (STEAM)
Defend Your Life (STEAM)
Demons with Shotguns (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/reaction

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ok after almost blowing up my Pc by starting in 5120x2880 I can safely say The Division is a PC game through and through. Looks fucking orders of magnitude better than the Xbone version and there's so flipping much more to tweak, not just graphics setting wise that there's about 4 times as much stuff in the menus.

5yKMm56.jpg

Maniac

Banned
Why not just employ one part timer to just check these servers?

Either way it's circumventing the 'economy' that pays for the continued support of the game, which is somewhat of a no-no. I'd also like to point out that server owners were first told of this change in January of '15, where it popped up in the patch-notes for an update to the Source Server SDK. And in July, they warned that servers that didn't adhere to the change would be blacklisted. Now, they did it. Every single server owner out there was aware of the change, a lot didn't care.
GOG slowly became my first choice but the Steam Controller only working in BPM made me rethink things. I had trouble setting up the controller in Game of Thrones with Galaxy running. I'll give it another go to see how it fare as it has been a while.

They're working on getting it to work in OG-mode so it's a lot easier to use for a lot more purposes. But these things... They take time.
Valve is doing the impossible in order to keep making money out of their games without actually creating a new game.

I dunno, updating and supporting their multiplayer communities for years on end is pretty great, and the amount of stuff they do throughout the years would amount to several new games.

... I'd still prefer a new Portal, L4D or Half Life. But alas it wasn't meant to be.
Yeah well, i understand that they're small and can't to everything at once but....
If they don't patch that stuff in (Free or as paid DLC for all i care, i don't mind it coming a few months later), then i'll have a really good reason to just not buy their next game unless it's on sale or an Bundle.

I don't mean that in a meanspirited way, but if i can't trust the dev beeing able to support the version i bought as much as the others, then i'm not willing to buy a game for "Full price" of 20€.

Yeah it's lovely init. The studio wouldn't even be around if not for how well it did on PC, and now we're more or less getting shafted. It's hardly unusual though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've always wondered if Cities XXL is worth it. I know XL is decent but I feel it's obsolete with Cities Skylines around.

Ludens

Banned
Can someone help me?
I don't know how to start Hangman's Ballad DLC for Boot Hill Heroes.
The Steam store description says to cross the bridge on Kickstarter Creek to trigger an event and start the dlc, but nothing happens for me.

AHA-Lambda

Rise of the Tomb Raider is pretty great guys.
Especially if you loved the classics and kinda disappointed with the reboot. RotTR brings back Tomb Raider's feels and identity.

Really? I'm still getting TR2013 vibes from it largely, except this time there is crafting cos of course there has to be a crafting system >_>

Ludens

Banned
but why
there has to be a reason

The reason is probably to sell a "complete" edition later, like Guacamelee dudes did with their game (because it was "impossible" release the additional content as DLC...even if you can simply update a brand new build).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom