• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo WTF?

You know when something seems to good to be true it probably is? I just spent $15 and my Steam library went from 2 games to 18. How is this possible? It's like I stumbled upon some big secret. How can I ever pay full price for a game again?

Is there anything else I should know about?

dex3108

Yo WTF?

You know when something seems to good to be true it probably is? I just spent $15 and my Steam library went from 2 games to 18. How is this possible? It's like I stumbled upon some big secret. How can I ever pay full price for a game again?

kDrqwqn.gif

Ban Puncher

Yo WTF?

GameStop Hates Him!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Insurgency -- MB-F566508CEC11D42C - Taken by Regginator

Anteater

I think the first time I did that mission solo I died about 4 or 5 times at rank 4. Booked out and went exploring, found a kick arse sniper rifle and when I went back he didn't even get off the roof. It's way easier with a team though as you're not getting rushed by the crazies and can pin down the mid range guys from overwhelming you on the flanks.

yeah I guess I'll explore around since the game dropped me back at the beginning when I logged off

I guess it's something I'd have some fun with, missions sorta remind me of those uncharted coop missions

Tizoc

Yo WTF?

Welcome Young Padawan to PC gaming. Worry not about your increasing game count, just play what you enjoy at your own pace.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'd be up for some The Division later on, though I don't have any friends on uplay so I'll link it here when I get home so that you can co-op with me.

MUnited83

For you.
Yo WTF?

You think that's crazy? I could fill a account with almost 100 games for 15$ :p

Yo WTF?

The Summer Sale will melt your soul.

Yo WTF?

You know most of us here have hundreds if not thousands of games in our libraries right?

Pachimari

Never used x360ce, but I'm curious about his functioning. The application is only needed to create the configuration and .dll files right? From what I've understand, it uses the classic "wrapper" method using a custom .dll with a config files (that remaps the buttons I suppose)?

It's replaced

One screen grab via print screen only.

Alright, thanks. Wish there was a way to take screen grabs in PCSX2 with a controller.

e90Mark

Yo WTF?

Lmao, seriously the funniest thing when I see this reaction. You'd be dying if you just discovered daily/flash deals during the previous Summer/Winter Steam sales.

Yo WTF?

You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until a really good bundle pops up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's the same game as XL, but with added performance issues and bugs.

Yikes, what's up calling the game XXL but being the same but with shittier programming lol

It's basically a reskin of XL's user interface.
As far as I can remember, the only thing it got right over Cities: Skylines is the possibility of "painting"/filling zones inside roads. Everything else is just plain bad.

I've played XL and yeah I want that. I also like the "individualized" lots (i.e. you can get a residential house occupying a triangular area) rather than being blocky. Then again the game isn't grid restricted.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yesterday all of the steam reviews on the witness front page was negative now all are positive, well then...Guess a lot of people started putting them as not helpful and then some positive ones popped up.

Yo WTF?

You'll feel like that until you feel like you have all the good games you want then you start either paying full or almost full price for new games (GmG is a good source for games that have discount on launch) or play f2p games or your backlogg until the new games you want get big sales.

I like what I've played of The Division so far (hour and a half messing around with side activities)...hopefully I'll be able to pick it up once it's out in a few weeks

beanies and jackets for everybody (seriously...had lots of those drop or found searching)...lol

A quick question about The Witness, as I am afraid to venture into the OT out of fear of learning too much: How much (environmental) story-telling is there in the game? I think I'd enjoy the puzzles, but if the game doesn't do anything interesting with the island itself, then I think I'd rather spend the money on (several) other, more low-fi puzzle-games.

Vlad

Yo WTF?

Others have mentioned BundleStars, IndieGala, and Groupees, so that's covered. There's also IndieGameStand's rotating deals. They put one game on sale every few days, and while there's a lot of junk, I've gotten some decent games for a steal.

This event has ended. Bah.
Uplay 1 Steam 0

Speaking of The Division here's what it looks like and a mixture of settings near the top (and running out of VRAM thank to starting up at maximum available DSR resolution).

So while there's a few settings to tweak a bit further up it's not the same level as the initial reveal trailer. Plus that CA is even enough to make me nauseous. But I get the feeling the console folks might be even more bent out of shape once they see it as the XO in comparison looks really washed out as well as lower effects fidelity.

Anyhoo cheers for the teamwork dex.
Nice, gonna dust off the old Uplay client and start downloading the beta.
Love me some well done CA. Alien Isolation was a better experience with it.
WBHLVkb.png

Congratulations, you were my first death

You were my MVP so far too, sigh. Its xcom all over again
Swine Drummer of all. At least I was the MVP \o/
Wow, it actually looks totally playable!
Demon's Souls is coming, I can feel it in my bone.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yo WTF?

I'd highly recommend installing Enhanced Steam, but I might be biased.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You know most of us here have hundreds if not thousands of games in our libraries right?
I could play a new game every day for the next 3 years and not run out of games. It certainly changes your perspective on games in a few ways other than price.

My Phenom is hitting CPU cap for the Division lol. It's fluctuating between 35-50 fps.
I really enjoyed my first 3-hour-session in the game, nonetheless.

So while there's a few settings to tweak a bit further up it's not the same level as the initial reveal trailer. Plus that CA is even enough to make me nauseous. But I get the feeling the console folks might be even more bent out of shape once they see it as the XO in comparison looks really washed out as well as lower effects fidelity.

You probably know this already but CA can be turned off in the settings.

I have a question about this game. I started playing it with a friend in my party and we did the first mission which is basically to trek to the railway station that acts as your hub. Once we got there though we got sent to separate instances. Is the hub supposed to be like that? Single player thing where you upgrade it on your own? And you can only party up with people outside it when you go on missions?

KingKong

Be careful. I lot of folks who pre-ordered Fallout 4 from them did not receive their keys on release date. It was a mess.

hmm thanks, didn't hear about that. Did they get them in a day or two though? I don't mind waiting if it saves 25 bucks and still gets me the preoder bonus

hmm thanks, didn't hear about that. Did they get them in a day or two though? I don't mind waiting if it saves 25 bucks and still gets me the preoder bonus

as far as I know it all got sorted out and they even gave people a free copy of the Fallout 4 Season Pass a while later if you were effected by the delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom