• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Uw8W8D9.png

Wow.

Edit: nvm

zkylon

zkylewd
ModBot said:
yo it's your friend mr moddy with a psychonauts key because maybe you're one of those 3 ppl that don't have it yet for some reason beep boop

copy this thing
Psychonauts -- MB-036F281E232F74C4 - Taken by kagamin

clicky here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=253996

paste it in the content
any subject is ok but don't be a dick

here's a picture of raz he's a cool dude

beep boop

not sure if modbot will figure out to edit this when someone takes the key but wth!

The Psychonauts keys ARE giftable, I just made a giveaway of my code a ew hours ago.

ty

Finally had time to play the SF5 beta, got a 23 win streak so i guess i will take a break for now , overall the netcode feels good but 2 or the 3 times the game would get slower during ex moves but i still got 60 fps during that time, guess it was the other person having problems or something

tmarg

I'm always a dick to modbot with my subjects.

I would imagine pirated copies would just be DRM free versions from GoG or Humble, so I have to assume he's full of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All I know any chance of ever buying the witness has been fading more and more with all of the cocoaine talk.

Same here. It's gone from a "that looks cool and I'll probably pick it up later this year when I have more time" to "eh... I'll probably just pass".

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Activision's Ghostbusters (2016)

“Ghostbusters” is also returning to video games. Already, the “Ghostbusters” sets are on sale for “Lego Dimensions,” a toys-to-life game featuring the classic building blocks and a new full-fledged “Ghostbusters” video game from Activision will release alongside the movie on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

except he didn't do that?

He actually did, he did start the post in a very condescending manner. It's not like he talked about the lack of reward, or it being a walking simulator, or it having prententious parts as something positive about the game.

If you start like a post like that, be prepared for some banter (like moving the post to a sub forum) coming your way.

I found that response pretty amusing. :)

Arthea

Nope.
Stutters like shit. Has broken achievements (still! even despite the fact that they pulled the same shit with FC!). Doesn't have a VWF routine!
It doesn't mean it's a bad game, you know. Just a technical mess.

it does stutter at times, but it's nothing as bad as shit!

it runs at bloody 120 fps, how can you call that a mess?

also which achievements are broken? I never checked community boards for fear of spoilers.

The Division is so goooood..

The drama around this game is weird to me. Were people very hyped for it or something?
It's probably because I didn't think much of Braid.

Yeah, I don't really get it as well. Was it because of the long dev cycle?

And just who is Jonathan Blow anyway? He seems like a very important person around here.

Copons

It just means you need to move to a larger unit of measurement. Sure, you might be getting 0fps, but how many fpm are you getting? ;)

I would define it as crap. :p

Seconds per frame. Duh! :p

I hate all of you so much. :(

I know how you feel.
I'm considering locking framerate to 30 and just pumping all the graphics as high as I can because it looks so nice.

Is there an option to lock it to 30? I was thinking that it would be handy, but I didin't see it. Or is it some .ini tweaks?

Hinomura

Playing Street Fighter V beta is so much fun ^__^ A bit on the losing side but it is SURELY 'cause of tequila :D

Edit: why most of the players I meet are from US and not from Europe as myself? Noone is playing? Come on eurogaf :)

dex3108

You're still on gtx 760 2gig right? how does it run?

Yeap still on old 760. I managed to make it run 30FPS almost all time (I can post settings tomorrow I am in bed now). Only issues are cutscenes now. Game can stutter and freeze in transitions between gameplay and cutscene.

There's something very wrong. I got my beta code for Division yesterday and redeemed it successfully today but haven't gotten a confirmation email yet after 7hrs.

Knurek

it does stutter at times, but it's nothing as bad as shit!

it runs at bloody 120 fps, how can you call that a mess?

also which achievements are broken? I never checked community boards for fear of spoilers.

How can you not call a mess a game that doesn't have a working VSYNC? That runs at 125 fps, requiring a GSYNC monitor to have stutter free experience?
And seriously, it stutters like shit, like shiiiit! Totally immersion breaking.

As for achievs, Anton one for me, just stopped updating all of a sudden.
Chests, gambling and fishing ones also, according to the forums.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
@swagentrotz said:
Well to be honest I don't wanna write a cheap "marketing" text. You can tell them that the studio of the guy who kinda took a stance against publisher greed launched its first game. We hope that they like it and we would really appreciate their support, be it via purchasing our game or spreading the word, so we can continue our journey and develop more games for them.

I don't want to use this Sacred 3 story by myself, because it looks kinda weird/stupid ("Hey I'm the dude who went viral, buy my gamez plx").

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to the dev (@swagentrotz, not ModBot!) via Twitter instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AIPD - Artificial Intelligence Police Department -- MB-FC0B57DE28B28439 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 2 entrants total.
AIPD - Artificial Intelligence Police Department #3 -- MB-EE714F07C74DA145 - Taken by fspm. 5 entrants total.
AIPD - Artificial Intelligence Police Department #4 -- MB-4EA14863C57143B4 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 3 entrants total.
AIPD - Artificial Intelligence Police Department #2 -- MB-4BAA8AEE6E47CFAC - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
AIPD - Artificial Intelligence Police Department #5 -- MB-F4858EF8371EE54F - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.

t1454110512z1.png

Anteater

There's something very wrong. I got my beta code for Division yesterday and redeemed it successfully today but haven't gotten a confirmation email yet after 7hrs.

have you checked your uplay library? it should show up after you activate your code to your account

Yeap still on old 760. I managed to make it run 30FPS almost all time (I can post settings tomorrow I am in bed now). Only issues are cutscenes now. Game can stutter and freeze in transitions between gameplay and cutscene.

neat, don't mind if the cutscene slows down a bit as long as the gameplay is consistent

MUnited83

For you.
That's weird. Sony own the Ghostbusters license, but are farming it out to Activision? I'm sure there's some explanation.

Same reason the Amazing Spiderman games were made by Activision. Sony doesn't give a shit about making games with these IPs, so it lets other companies use them.

Arthea

How can you not call a mess a game that doesn't have a working VSYNC?
That stutters like shit, seriously like shiiiit! Totally immersion breaking.

could it be you are playing not in a windowed mode? Because it's really nothing as bad on my end.

they fixed FC cheevos, so probably they'll fix SC too... after we will finish with a game, of course

How can you not call a mess a game that doesn't have a working VSYNC? That runs at 125 fps, requiring a GSYNC monitor to have stutter free experience?

Yeah, they always have some issues with achievements and take their time to fix it >_>

I've relayed the issue to them and it has been months. :V

Copons

neat, don't mind if the cutscene slows down a bit as long as the gameplay is consistent

If what happens to dex is what's happening to me, it's annoying as hell.
Basically, during cutscenes, whenever the camera around you may get a huge stutter, sometimes even a couple of seconds long, with audio looping on the frame and all that stuff.
Also sorry for the if you don't understand what I'm saying, I'm currently drunk.

EDIT: also you may not be talking about RotR, excuse me again

Shantom

All the achievements (except the Anton one, I guess) were fixed in a patch a couple of weeks ago.

A Gsync monitor won't help with Trails. I have one, and SC still stuttered for me.

Knurek

All the achievements (except the Anton one, I guess) were fixed in a patch a couple of weeks ago.

A Gsync monitor won't help with Trails. I have one, and SC still stuttered for me.

I read posts from the bug thread from yesterday that chests one is still broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom