• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Is there still a way to buy stuff from Nuuvem? Last time I tried it detected my country because of my credit card, and couldn't buy shit.

also my friend made a pretty good the witness review

i like it a lot

I completely agree with him and honestly regret my purchase. I loved Talos so I thought I would give this a go even though I knew it wasn't exactly comparable. All the "everything in the game has a meaning", the mystery and hyped statements made me buy it expecting a lot more than what I got. (a bunch of line puzzles) Graphics are really good and the exploration is cool for a while but it fails as a game for me as I don't even feel compelled to finish it.
Oh well, 5/02 is near so I'll just play some more DDA till then.

Jawmuncher

Is there still a way to buy stuff from Nuuvem? Last time I tried it detected my country because of my credit card, and couldn't buy shit.

Very few games can be bought now on Nuuvem if you're not in SA. It checks for you on the page and now checks your PayPal location as well. Better off trying to see if a New Zealand friend can help you out these days.

The Division looks gorgeous. Almost maxed out on my PC, runs well and for a game world as big as it is without any loading screens... it's quite the visual achievement. And yet I predict people will go apeshit over the 'downgrade' as it comes closer to release and I'll just be sitting here wondering what the fuck they're talking about.

Pretty fun game too, although the side quests got a little repetitive within a couple of hours of playing the beta. I still don't have a firm grasp of how the dark zone works and my interest in this game is mostly for the PVE part so I'm a bit concerned about the longevity of the game. They detailed the season pass the other day and even that seems to be a set of discrete dlc drops and not any kind of ongoing support plan as one would expect for even a pseudo-MMO. But, playing it with friends was good fun.

So I went to redeem The Division beta code from NVidia and it gives me this :

I'm already dead, aren't i?

I got that email a few hours later. Once you're 'registered' you can download the client and just wait for your account to be flagged for beta access. It'll only really take a couple of hours to get through almost everything the beta has to offer so you can even start on the last day and be fine.

Shahadan

Very few games can be bought now on Nuuvem if you're not in SA. It checks for you on the page and now checks your PayPal location as well. Better off trying to see if a New Zealand friend can help you out these days.

Well that's what I thought....Shit. Thanks for your answer!

Firehead

Ha! Well the thread may be exiled to community but at least it's not forgotten (well completely).

Dk2eHXD.png
Yeah, I'm actually surprised the thread's still really active. Good to see.

i have to stop eating fast food

im gonna get fat and sickly

but who has time to make food damn it

pY9tZf1.png
Nice avatar.

With the screwed up exchange rates, most games are slightly cheaper in Canada/NZ/Aus/Norway than in the US. The Witness, for example, is $31~ in each of those regions.

We still use the USD in Aus. due to issues between Valve and the consumer protection arm of the government. So most games are priced exactly the same as the US and with the Aussie dollar dropping more than 30% against the USD in the last few years its starting to get very expensive. Then there are the likes of 2K that wack a dirty great Australia tax on top that can go close to doubling the price of games.

cyba89

the witness steam discussion now has a sub forum called "dumb internet comments" where any criticism of the game goes...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/210970/discussions/1/458607699610335118/

the guy literally explains his issues with some of the puzzles in an articulate manner but is sent into 'dumb internet comments'

jonathan blowhard

You're sure this wasn't moved because of some of his later comments like this?
Here's another downside to these types of games: The communities are full of absolutey self important pretentious nobodies that think they're under appreciated einsteins that don't actually care about the truth, but rather how they can twist and stretch the truth to make themselves feel higher and others lower.
And how he never gives proof to his claim and gives dumb explanations why he can't. That's all pretty "dumb internet comments"-worthy for me.
I completed almost every puzzle in the game and the phenomen he describes never happened for me. And I also never heard about this happening to anybody else.

there's also a comment about how the game is not fit for ppl with color blindness that is also in there
Probably because the thread creator went crazy. He also edited the opening post so there maybe was something bad or rude (going by the first answer in this thread).

XShagrath

Have some Humble Bundle leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for XShagrath:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Space Run -- MB-5CE31104C2710785 - Taken by Lain
Pix the Cat -- MB-63BEA003391744EE - Taken by William Bonney
t1cxE6r.gif
Cities XL Platinum -- MB-623D26531C3AA077 - Taken by Red Hood
Yesterday -- MB-646928270C04DA4A - Taken by Kurt Russell
Game of Thrones -- MB-A34F7F4A18674522 - Taken by Eila

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty sure we're the most active gaming side community at this point by a large margin. Last time stump compared I think only DestinyGAF posted as frequently.

Nice score. I'd take a copy for free and replay for trophies if they don't have the original PS3 version and new PS4 version trophy linked like they try to do with the crossbuy titles (at least those that have it functioning properly).

Yeah, I had that mindset.
Then I ended up checking just to see what they had and gave 2 games I was interested in a shot... and the purchases went through. So it's always worth a shot if they have something you want for the right price... you might be pleasantly surprised.

Nordicus

Did they slow down? The thread on the page is from 2015 still.
The staff decided to tell people to stop using the threads as off-topic chatrooms for crazy tangents, so the speed has slowed down massively and some posters don't even post anymore and have moved somewhere else

Jawmuncher

The staff decided to tell people to stop using the threads as off-topic chatrooms for crazy tangents, so the speed has slowed down massively and some posters don't even post anymore and have moved somewhere else

Ahhh ok, figured something happened, sucks. So that would mean DestinyGAF and SteamGAF are the two biggest ones on community side Now.

Nzyme32

Finished the Witness in 29 hours - but I keep finding more stuff and definitely a bunch of secrets. Don't want to spoil anything so won't say more, but suffice to say that I love the game. Not only are the puzzles and world impeccably designed but they are put together so well to keep you moving forward to new things, even now that the game is "finished" - but I'm not one to stop at that kind of conclusion. I gotta find everything.

Feeling quite proud to have done the game entirely by myself. Got through 2 pages of A4 too! Now to see if I can 100% the game unaided

rtcn63

Who the hell doesn't wanna play Alien Isolation? It's one of the greatest survival horror games ever made.

To be fair, that's a pretty low bar to get one over. Or it could just be me, first-person horror games always seem to overstay their welcome pretty early on. VR might change that though.

strafer

To be fair, that's a pretty low bar to get one over. Or it could just be me, first-person horror games always seem to overstay their welcome pretty early on. VR might change that though.

Well not this game. No sir.

That depends on when you want us to play it :p Maybe not right now, it's 2AM here and I'm about to sleep, but tomorrow's a new day maybe

Well that's the perfect time to be playing a horror game. ;)

Is it a coincidence that Jonathan Blow's views on piracy are consistent with what the industry used to think about 8 years ago, the last time he released a game? Has he been sequestered on his island for this long and just completely missed what happened with PC gaming in the mean time?

I'm not sure I actually want to read those Bombshell reviews. Might as well give it a try myself after I'm done with RotTR. Also, achievements for the game are apparently not unlocking yet, for some reason.

Hinomura

Well, had a fantastic night playing Street Fighter V beta, now I'm going to sleep.
Good bye ladies and gentlemen!

PS: obviously left thumb is aching, at least it's not bleeding :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom