• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
GB GOTY deliberations were awful. They should all be ashamed of themselves.
MM
beating out
MGSV
was the most disgusting thing that site has done since Brad talked Destiny into the top 10 over Divinity OS last year. Lost a lot of respect for them. Along with their inability to finish/play games so they can actually talk about them.
Opinions, how do they work?

Tizoc

Just opened and saw a bear in flames chasing the player lol

I would much rather play as a bear on fire actually.
Which reminds me
wild-gameplay-trailer-michel-ancel.jpg

Ancel's Wild better release this year, if he can make it so you can just soar through the forest/gameworld as a hawk, it'd be GOTY contender.

UltraJay

Why are people so hung up on VITA versions of VNs?

Isn't that a subpar platform for enjoying those games?

Stay safe Arthea.

VNs are best enjoyed (for me) in bed.
Don't you even go there.

I was playing Fate/Stay Night in bed using my Surface and just letting it autoplay like it was an anime or audiobook. The screen kept turning off though... should have disabled it. I even did it through Steam In-Home Streaming so I could play on both desktop and in bed using the same saves. Steam streaming works with non-Steam games if you didn't already know.

What sucks is Undertale would be great on my Nvidia Shield in bed but you can't full screen it and the controls don't work. You can press F4 with the Touch Keyboard but then you just see a white screen even if you quit and resume the stream. I got Trails working on it by plugging a controller to the desktop. Some games just don't work so well and I think it is because the Shield forces the game to run in 720p. Fairy Fencer F is zoomed in (probably would work if manually changed to 720p). Trails constrained mouse movement to a 720p box until I changed the resolution in the config program. They won't even show up in the Nvidia Hub -- you have to play them by streaming Steam Big Picture mode itself to the device. I'm guessing the ones that are known to work fine show up in that list. BPM looks great on it however; makes me what to use it more.

Arminsc

I would much rather play as a bear on fire actually.
Which reminds me
wild-gameplay-trailer-michel-ancel.jpg

Ancel's Wild better release this year, if he can make it so you can just soar through the forest/gameworld as a hawk, it'd be GOTY contender.

Wow, I hadn't hear of that one. Looks a lot more promising than whatever ubisoft is able to put together.

emptyroom

Neo Member
MM
beating out
MGSV
was the most disgusting thing that site has done since Brad talked Destiny into the top 10 over Divinity OS last year. Lost a lot of respect for them. Along with their inability to finish/play games so they can actually talk about them.

I can't believe the
Witcher 3
is
10th

if it weren't for GB East, I think there'd be a lot less PC games on that list.

Probably lol.

No. The seller sold you a unique code that only you can redeem.

That seems contradictory unless the second one was sarcastic? Has anyone verified the last 4 digits against someone else or something to make sure you're not just all buying the same key? I really want to get in on this nvidia key stuff but I'm sort of unsure now that it seems like it's open to abuse possibly?

Arthea

Why are people so hung up on VITA versions of VNs?

Isn't that a subpar platform for enjoying those games?

Stay safe Arthea.

oh, I'm very safe, I prefer to play pretty much everything on PC, the big screen and with mouse/kb, given such choice. I don't even do mobile gaming, literally 0, even when I should, like waiting for something. You can't find anybody safer!

I did buy DS though, but I hated playing games on it, so we are back to my previously mentioned setup

Google translate, you so edgy:

http://cs631419.vk.me/v631419388/849d/Izgi73w4hVA.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

but it is kinda true, you have to admit

Echoplx

That seems contradictory unless the second one was sarcastic? Has anyone verified the last 4 digits against someone else or something to make sure you're not just all buying the same key? I really want to get in on this nvidia key stuff but I'm sort of unsure now that it seems like it's open to abuse possibly?

Yes, Evad messaged me on Steam earlier and we compared keys, they were completely different.

You mean mouse acceleration? I get rid of it by running Afterburner and limiting framerate to 60 in RTSS and disabling in-game Vsync.

I'm not sure if it's acceleration, but there's a deadzone/acceleration threshold of some kind. You have to move the mouse at a certain speed for the game to register the input. It doesn't register slow movements.

I'm playing with 800DPI (6/11 in Windows) and like 20% sensitivity in-game.

Why would someone try to scam you on GAF? Thats just asking for account suicide for a couple of bucks.

Smash88

Banned
Why would someone try to scam you on GAF? Thats just asking for account suicide for a couple of bucks.

People don't care. Make a cool $500 for an account on GAF (where he could potentially have a second dormant waiting). A lot of people don't value forum accounts - which they are right forum accounts really have no inherent value. And people have scammed before on B/S/T.

People don't care. Make a cool $500 for an account on GAF (where he could potentially have a second dormant waiting). A lot of people don't value forum accounts - which they are right forum accounts really have no inherent value. And people have scammed before on B/S/T.

Except mods can check your IP so you can't make a second account. Getting permabanned on GAF is pretty much game over.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-637626E29C8171EC - Taken by Purkake4
Mystery Gift -- MB-92EF1A4CA8236049 - Taken by gabbo

Eila

Was this upcoming game posted?

Sydney's World

ss_fa841b5510146686b5c2a97cc3cea7997548bcce.1920x1080.jpg

That's some consistent art style. Bet the person who made it comissioned each pair of characters to a different deviantart user. Not sure how anyone thinks those three or four art styles fit well together.

gabbo

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-637626E29C8171EC - Taken by Purkake4
Mystery Gift -- MB-92EF1A4CA8236049 - Taken by gabbo

Will i finally own Bad Rats?
Nope, coupon. cool. thanks modbot's mystery benefactor

Smash88

Banned
How is that guy not permabanned? You get permabanned for sneezing on OT but stealing 200 dollars is ok?

I actively stay away from OT, it's way too easy to get banned there compared to gaming. I got in trouble too many times because of some controversial topics there. But it is surprising nonetheless.

Insert Post Here

Wouldn't be surprised if you get banned for saying this. I hope you don't though.

So I'm playing Mass Effect 3 with the Galaxy Map mod and... ahem, all the DLCs. Definitely has a weird vibe to the whole thing. Equal parts linear, hand-holding and really upfront - I've basically recruited my entire stable of squadmates before the second major mission.

MM
beating out
MGSV

The better game won, let it go.

xJavonta

Banned
Rime Berta?

I haven't played it yet, so I can't say how good it is

Agarest also

none on steam are quite what you looking for, though

Banner Saga and Expeditions: Conquistador maybe?
yeah ill check those out but from my searching i pretty much gathered that I won't find anything like it on Steam. thanks

XCOM is pretty great. Shining Force 1 and 2 are favorites of mine if you don't mind old games.
Loved XCOM. will have to see how dated Shining Force 1 and 2 are, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom