• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

They confirmed earlier this week it is still coming this month.

This is great news. There were reddit rumors about them implementing VAC with the release of MGO on pc. Them talking about competitive stuff seems to coincide with that. Hope its really true because cheating is very easy in the game and ruins everything that isn't the singleplayer.

Pachimari

Back from the ban, found a job while I was away.
I'm really happy for you. Congratulations on the job!

Also, my dog was run over by a car yesterday and I saw the whole thing, can't get it out of my head. She's still alive but I don't think she'll make it, keeping her at the vet is costing me a fortune and it will probably be for nothing.
I feel really sorry on your behalf. I really hope your dog makes it, and you both stay strong. You're in my thoughts.

So for those of you that've already done the nvidia rise of the tomb raider thing, does it immediately give a redeemable steam key, or is it one of those "we'll email you when we get codes" kind of situations?

You don't get it immediately no. The campaign haven't started yet apparently, so they'll notify you.

I hate you for owning Mafia.

Sorry. :(

e90Mark

Anyone using an Xbox One controller with the adapeter? Is it working properly? It seems like it has some issues and it's also out of stock everywhere I looked, could they be shipping a newer version or something?
I just had to return my adapter. It stopped working. Wouldn't sync, would just freeze and blink. Sometimes it would connect and work for about 10 seconds then just lose connection. Not sure what happened, but it used to work fine.
yeah but with the whole page wanting the game for $20 im expecting any sensible seller to sell at a higher price. There's clearly a demand there so im not expecting that $20 price to hold at all

I'll try it out as soon as Lunaniem runs out of keys, lol.

Oh my god, I am so sorry. I hope you can eventually forget that scene.

My cat died last year while I was away in holiday. I wasn't as traumatic, she was very sick already and got worse, but it would break my heart if I was here with her.

and revelations is surprisingly a great RE game, I already have it on the 3DS (need to finish though... so many backloged games ;_; )

That's terrible to hear man, can't imagine the pain you're going through right now. You have my support

Thanks.

Making my goty list made me realize that I played very few games released in 2015. About half my gaming time was pumped into TW3 and Tits SC, which are at the top of the list.
Right now I'm tackling Yakuza 5. Why are most of the games I like so damn huge?

I'm really happy for you. Congratulations on the job!

I feel really sorry on your behalf. I really hope your dog makes it, and you both stay strong. You're in my thoughts.

That's really kind of you, thanks.

Sch1sm

If you redeemed an Nvidia code it counted as a pre-order code and you got the bonuses.

I'd check eBay. It's where I bought mine at the time after configuring an RSS feed for new items.

But, uh.

Game will be available on the day Konami launches the game, (September 1, 2015). This date is subject to change at Konami's sole discretion. Check your Steam account for preload availability. Free game code expires October 1st, 2015

E: I guess if they straight up just have the key, though.

Pachimari

Bought Rise of the Tomb Raider in the BTS thread for $20. Can't wait to get going with it! Might even slot it in between FF VII and XI.

XShagrath

Does NewEgg email out their promo codes? Or is there some place on the website to see the full code? I can only see the last four digits on the order page.

yeah, i bit too. I LOVED TR2013 even with its dumb story and knowing that Rise is an overall better version of that means i had zero issues paying $20 for the game. I want to play that thing as soon as it hits PC.

It's the best Uncharted game not called uncharted 2 and what it did with its much more open areas and even light metroidvania stuff made that game.

Khronico

Question for those of you who have redeemed your Dirt Rally codes:

How the heck do you actually redeem the code? I enter in the code I got on the redeem coupon code page and a popup shows up telling me that 'This request requires more verification'.

I believe it when I see it.

Also I kind of don't care at this point. I'm not sure if I would have cared if it had simulshipped, but now I care even less.

MGO was my biggest disappointment of the year. Moreso than MGSV itself.

Every design decision seems to foster an almost 3rd person Call of Duty playstyle, from the maps that are mostly wide and open to the gadgets that promote radar ping spamming. The benefits of playing stealth never outweigh the XP you'd be gaining by full-auto lethal. With higher ranked perks locked behind levels, it's an issue.

The mechanics are tight, though. The gameplay just never felt meaningful. (Kinda the same problem with the single-player game, no?)

xHiryu

Thanks for the head-ups bruhs, just picked up Tomb Raider.

Its ridiculous how many codes that guy has, this and Dragon's Dogma should have me covered for January.

Sarcasm

Question for those of you who have redeemed your Dirt Rally codes:

How the heck do you actually redeem the code? I enter in the code I got on the redeem coupon code page and a popup shows up telling me that 'This request requires more verification'.

If on the AMD site you need to make an account.

Which requires two verification steps if you want instant access to said account, email and a phone (SMS).

Otherwise if just email it takes 24 hours.

I'm willing to give MGO a shot. I had fun with the previous versions, if there's no anti-cheating implemented though.. I don't think I'll stick with it for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom