• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the new Green Man Gaming rewards, by the way? I haven't looked into them and mourn the passing of good rewards.

All your credits earned by unlocking games' achievements (doesn't matter how much they were) were just terminated at the end of November and there were no more credit rewards to unlock through achievements since then.

Annubis

I keep forgetting that Shining Force is on steam, doubtful about holding up part

It's not that bad looking considering how old it is.

6-Shining_Force_II_%28U%29__!__014.png

The battle screen even looks pretty damn good still

15-shining_challenge_052.png

All your credits earned by unlocking games' achievements (doesn't matter how much they were) were just terminated at the end of November and there were no more credit rewards to unlock through achievements since then.
Ah okay, so they haven't implemented whatever new system they were cooking up.

I remain disappointed.

Eila

Can I set Idlemaster to idle a specific game?

Sure. File > Settings > Idle Each game individually.
Browse through the games until you reach the game you want.
Optionally, if there are games you don't want to idle for whatever reason you can just blacklist them on File > Blacklist or Game > Blacklist current game if you are idling it at the moment.
Edit: Unless you meant a game that doesn't have card drops. If so, you can use Steam Achievement Manager to do that. It's probably what people who have thousands of hours on the Barbie games do.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I actively stay away from OT, it's way too easy to get banned there compared to gaming. I got in trouble too many times because of some controversial topics there. But it is surprising nonetheless.

This bit of practical advice always weirds me out, especially with how often it's given.

Oh, I can't say what I really think in that thread or else I'd be banned.

And it's always about a thread on how a black person has been murdered and the prevailing feeling in the thread is that they shouldn't have been murdered. Or a person will come back with this attitude after being banned for expressing something homophobic or transphobic, or whatever

My advice: own who you are and go to town with your shit because I'd rather you be gone than have to do this delicate dance where I pretend I don't know the reprehensible garbage you want to say.

Wouldn't be surprised if you get banned for saying this. I hope you don't though.

I'd take that bet that I won't. Either way I'll be fine.

they should sell broken age in two parts so that people can just play through the first chunk and make up a head canon about how it all ends since the second part is such a shitshow

Madn

Sure. File > Settings > Idle Each game individually.
Browse through the games until you reach the game you want.
Optionally, if there are games you don't want to idle for whatever reason you can just blacklist them on File > Blacklist or Game > Blacklist current game if you are idling it at the moment.
Edit: Unless you meant a game that doesn't have card drops. If so, you can use Steam Achievement Manager to do that. It's probably what people who have thousands of hours on the Barbie games do.

Thanks, that helps a lot!

Kanokare

So how disappointing will the weekly bundle be this week?

Humble Nothing Bundle

Pay 1 dollar get nothing
Pay BTA get a whole load of nothing (with hidden deals next week being more nothing)

15 dollar get a shirt with nothing on it. Not the words "nothing", just.. nothing.

OR

Humble Assassin's Creed Bundle
uPlay only.

Madn

Playing other 2D RPGs after Undertale is making me feel guilty whenever i kill a monster :/ (I've started Eternal Senia, I've seen someone talk good about it and it's free)

Humble Nothing Bundle

Pay 1 dollar get nothing
Pay BTA get a whole load of nothing (with hidden deals next week being more nothing)

15 dollar get a shirt with nothing on it. Not the words "nothing", just.. nothing.

OR

Humble Assassin's Creed Bundle
uPlay only.

They should do Humble ass creed pay 15$ or more for steam keys of all the games :)

MUnited83

For you.
This bit of practical advice always weirds me out, especially with how often it's given.

And it's always about a thread on how a black person has been murdered and the prevailing feeling in the thread is that they shouldn't have been murdered. Or a person will come back with this attitude after being banned for expressing something homophobic or transphobic, or whatever

My advice: own who you are and go to town with your shit because I'd rather you be gone than have to do this delicate dance where I pretend I don't know the reprehensible garbage you want to say.
Youregoddamnright.png

morningbus

Let's not assume people can't change.

If that were the case, then you'd be talking about how much better it is to have grown as a person and be able to approach topics with a bit of respect and dignity for others.

Not, "Oh man, if these people knew how much I hate black people, I'd be so banned!"

If that were the case, then you'd be talking about how much better it is to have grown as a person and be able to approach topics with a bit of respect and dignity for others.

Not, "Oh man, if these people knew how much I hate black people, I'd be so banned!"

yo dude are you trying to scare shadownet away again or something

People here can't even talk to each other with respect, so there you go.

Knurek

You could also just look up a map.

Looking up maps online in a dungeon crawler is like using those boosters in a Final Fantasy game or ADS in a FPS game.

'Enhancements' made by devs for people who actively don't get what their game is about.

On one hand, I miss the performance art morningbot.

But the other hand has comments like this, so it works out in the end.

R-R-Roadkill!

Re: your e-mail tag and comment, the first thing that came into my head was a progressive "Swish!" --> "He's heating up..." --> "He's on fire!" announcer.

It almost works perfectly with the paragraph structure.

morningbus

Oh, you guys weren't given the memo? This month's joke character is super-fucking-real-Morningbus.

yo dude are you trying to scare shadownet away again or something

Honestly, not specifically. It's just very common for people to gain this attitude from threads about racism.

I did find it weird that people were more concerned with the result of the things he was saying rather than than the actual thing he was saying. I also find it kind of sad how easily some people let that be smoothed over by giving away a few games via Modbot.

On one hand, I miss the performance art morningbot.

But the other hand has comments like this, so it works out in the end.

Re: your e-mail tag and comment, the first thing that came into my head was a progressive "Swish!" --> "He's heating up..." --> "He's on fire!" announcer.

It almost works perfectly with the paragraph structure.

Boomshakalaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom