• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Even EA realizes no one wants to use Origin and includes Steam keys with their bundles. Come on Ubisoft.

Ubi using HB for other purpose than EA, they still keep their games on steam to get those mountains of moneys, but they not gonna give steam keys anywhere else, especially humble, which they use to get more people to dl uplay and use it before withdrawing from steam for good.
EA already has very little presence on steam, so they don't that mind giving steam keys for those games that still remain, as it is not many.

You're already in post-GAF. Since everyone and everything was banned, the ban didn't stand out.
Hehehe

giphy.gif

And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go to?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may say to yourself yourself
My God!...What have I done?!
Ok, this was good.

The account I've lost... the friends I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you?
Yes...I too feel this flame of revenge...no. This Phantom Pain.

Copons

I see she's helping you to flatten the mouse pad that's some real PC game enthusiasm.

I'm pretty sure all the clumps of fur she's gonna leave on the pad when I'm not looking will work wonder to improve the mouse performance!

But eh, she just loves sitting around the mouse. She's a proper cat, you know.

I got the same one, they're pretty nice. Thinner than I'm used to, but comfortable and responsive enough.

I recently picked up 2 of those (home & work). I approve as well.

When I saw the size before buying I was kinda wary of how thin it is. Turns out, it's not much thinner than my previous cheap pad. And not having a sort of rigid pad is great for not having wrist marks like I was on suicide watch.

But anyway, I really can't wait for the mouse now!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Even EA realizes no one wants to use Origin and includes Steam keys with their bundles. Come on Ubisoft.

Eh? Not for post-Steam games, they don't.

But in any case, yeah it's really bizarre that they don't just do Steam. They're giving you a Uplay CD-key in that case anyway.

Khrae

Am looking to offload some keys for stuff I already have, help yourselves I forgot to make it a raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Khrae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC -- MB-E685F38403EC67CC - Taken by 3chopl0x
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me ~ -- MB-9C934EA477CDAAE7 - Taken by TheSeks
Resident Evil 5 ~ -- MB-E24C81C401679387 - Taken by Neverforget
Deponia ~ -- MB-1BBF0BD5A88E3A6F - Taken by Bowlie
Psychonauts ~ -- MB-522510A43B674176 - Taken by sakyot
Medieval 2 -- MB-7360DD33178C11BA - Taken by nightstorm
Chaos On Deponia ~ -- MB-C10BF77CAD196599 - Taken by Kifimbo
Cities in Motion 2 ~ -- MB-C6FF6C850F60D6D5 - Taken by Madridista
Company of Heroes ~ -- MB-95F08FD88674136A - Taken by bloke

Lain

Playing other 2D RPGs after Undertale is making me feel guilty whenever i kill a monster :/ (I've started Eternal Senia, I've seen someone talk good about it and it's free)

I've talked well about it, maybe it was me?!

Glad someone in here is finally playing it.

Surely some kind of error.

The wording makes it feel as if the lock was meant for the January-February PC release thread.

Vuze

Hot bundle guys, join me on uplay: the trendiest social destination for PC gaming. Rank up and unlock cool rewards like hot wallpapers and costumes for all of your favorite Ubisoft games.
-ricochetguro
Don't get left in the dust: Altair+Conner <3
Haha, fantastic :D

Man, the bundle per se is kinda tempting but Uplay only = auto-cold.
Everybody who goes for the 10$ tier, have fun updating the game MANUALLY FOR EVERY VERSION released. ffs, that was the first and last time I bought an uPlay-only game.

Yakkue

Strata is a nice, relaxing puzzle game. The goal of the game is to complete the pattern by weaving the coloured ribbons correctly.
HKk5pxY.png

Whenever you place a ribbon, there will be a tune. It will be a nice and relaxing one when you placed it right, and disharmonious when you made a mistake. Level 1-5 have the same sounds, you only get different ones in the last 2 levels.

The menu can be a bit buggy though. Sometimes, when you want to exit the game or just try another puzzle and go back to the menu, this happens:
RnGSKus.png

I also had a bug where nothing visually seemed wrong, but I couldn't click on anything and had to force quit the game. Well, there is no quit-button, so that is the only way to close it anyway.
The bugs only happened in the menu though, never within the puzzles.

As far as puzzle games go, it's definitely on the easier side, though some of the larger puzzles can be challenging. Recommended for puzzle-fans.
PEqOJfn.png

Strata is a nice, relaxing puzzle game. The goal of the game is to complete the pattern by weaving the coloured ribbons correctly.
HKk5pxY.png

Whenever you place a ribbon, there will be a tune. It will be a nice and relaxing one when you placed it right, and disharmonious when you made a mistake. Level 1-5 have the same sounds, you only get different ones in the last 2 levels.

The menu can be a bit buggy though. Sometimes, when you want to exit the game or just try another puzzle and go back to the menu, this happens:
RnGSKus.png

I also had a bug where nothing visually seemed wrong, but I couldn't click on anything and had to force quit the game. Well, there is no quit-button, so that is the only way to close it anyway.

As far as puzzle games go, it's definitely on the easier side, though some of the larger puzzles can be challenging. Recommended for puzzle-fans.
PEqOJfn.png
Thanks for the review, seems interesting, will give it a try.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, the bundle per se is kinda tempting but Uplay only = auto-cold.
Everybody who goes for the 10$ tier, have fun updating the game MANUALLY FOR EVERY VERSION released. ffs, that was the first and last time I bought an uPlay-only game.

Didn't they fix that? I know Splinter Cell: Blacklist was old-school "manually patch" but they then patched Uplay to do it like Steam/automatically.

HKk5pxY.png

RnGSKus.png

PEqOJfn.png

Sounds nice, I'll have to pick it up.....

5Iyv1Oq.png

....What? I do not recall this.

MUnited83

For you.
Seems like AMD has stopped people from redeeming the Dirt Rally vouchers on their website after the Newegg fiasco

I'd assume they don't know where the recent surge came from but once they clear out it was from newegg they should let you redeem it just fine...hopefully.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ViviOggi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ViviOggi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-C096AE3DEF366B2F - Taken by Servbot #42. 30 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-1C9CEE5BF1D2987A - Taken by AtomskEater. 8 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-DB57DF22AFD3C45A - Taken by Large Professor. 39 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-A1871DE2E0B36C96 - Taken by NicoNizza. 2 entrants total.
STRIDER -- MB-90AD82A51F3CF609 - Taken by kurahador. 3 entrants total.
Dead Space 2 -- MB-7C64DC5356FB56C8 - Taken by Raxanas. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Payday 2 -- MB-9B69D594EC4538FF - Taken by bloke. 11 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-BCA58D44CA51FB62 - Taken by Madn. 16 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-F715D1ED381AFA02 - Taken by rainking187. 28 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A4AF92B46D2BE0FA - Taken by Bowlie. 3 entrants total.
Life Is Strange - Episode 1 -- MB-ECF692956853E88B - Taken by Oreoleo. 5 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-B1C003B0234A616F - Taken by fspm. 20 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Talos Principle -- MB-29FB3B4281B20532 - Taken by ctw0e. 51 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-861745104CAEB557 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.

t1452201236z1.png

yeah...as far as I've seen all you can do with the NVIDIA RotTR codes is just try to redeem them and then have them notify you when the codes are ready...haven't seen anyone say they've got an actual code yet

the promo started today as far as them sending those redeem codes out so hopefully it's not too long until they are fully redeemable

Vuze

Didn't they fix that? I know Splinter Cell: Blacklist was old-school "manually patch" but they then patched Uplay to do it like Steam/automatically.
I dunno, I played the game in... 2014 I think, so I guess they could've improved that by now. Haven't booted up the uPlay client itself in ages.

Shadownet

Banned
As promised:
Why have you forsaken me chronomac?
looks like AMD has temporarily stopped people from using those keys anymore
If only Valve Support are this quick.

Funny thing is. I managed to get my support question answered to why Dark Souls II haven't been refunded yet.

They said Dark Souls II has been removed from my account and the refund has been deposited into my steam wallet.

*check library and steam wallet = Dark Souls II and $0.00*

LIES!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Axiom Verge blue screened my computer

How meta >_>

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So glad to see confirmation other people suffering from selective game purchasing amnesia.

It's essentially the reason I initially created Enhanced Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom