• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
It's not surprising since the source code for an old version of Nuclear Throne was made available in one of the previous Humble GameMaker bundle. I wonder how the original owners feel when they see this

NT was initially part of a gamejam that got fleshed out - this looks like some effort has been done with it, but to reuse the code in a new commercial release is...yeah...shitty to say the least.

so I know many gaffers have the "the price should be lower than it actually is" people, but are there gaffers who have this "they should have charged more for this!" mindset? certain fanbases like Witcher or No Mans Sky fans?

There was a thread a few weeks ago that Nintendo games should never receive discounts...

CEF1246C741C2FC95845531F0D37FEFB48D096BE

Wtf..did they recycle the Nuclear Throne engine? It's out there in open source. The art looks all new, but the level generation and feature set are exactly the same.

The trees look like they are from Minish cap.

zkylon

zkylewd
OMG LTTP but Kane & Lynch 1 is as bad as they say it is and worse! The game is atrocious. *Uninstall! Uninstall! Uninstall!*
i actually kind of like kane & lynch 1

it's a very unfun game to play and it's often very tone-deaf but i always found it so interesting how it feels like it's purposely grabbing every element of the third person formula and removing every bit of joy you can get from it until it just feels like work

which makes sense considering how emotionally detached kane & lynch are from their career as criminals (even if lynch gots berserk here and there) and how mundane and tedious it just feels for them

by all traditional means the game is absolute garbage but i always felt the game wasn't being fun by design, and idk, i appreciate that

Hektor

it's a very unfun game to play and it's often very tone-deaf but i always found it so interesting how it feels like it's purposely grabbing every element of the third person formula and removing every bit of joy you can get from it until it just feels like work

which makes sense considering how emotionally detached kane & lynch are from their career as criminals (even if lynch gots berserk here and there) and how mundane and tedious it just feels for them

by all traditional means the game is absolute garbage but i always felt the game wasn't being fun by design, and idk, i appreciate that

You make it sound like it's the Drakengard of third person shooters. I love drakengard. Should I play Kane and Lynch?

You make it sound like it's the Drakengard of third person shooters. I love drakengard. Should I play Kane and Lynch?

I don't like the Kane & Lynch games but the good news is that they're only 2-3 hours long so even if you end up disliking them you didn't waste too much time.

Plus it's the game that got Jeff Gerstmann fired all those years ago so might as well see what the fuss was about.

I have been playing the PS4 I bought on December tons now, but it does feel kinda silly wondering if I should drop down my resolution to 720p so I could play The Last Guardian 30 frames per second. In 2017.

I have been playing the PS4 I bought on December tons now, but it does feel kinda silly wondering if I should drop down my resolution to 720p so I could play The Last Guardian 30 frames per second. In 2017.

Which one did you pick up, slim or pro?

2-3 hours is short indeed. Usually I tend to drop games I dislike after 3 - 4.

Looking at my Steam playtime history, I put 4 hours into K&L1 and 3 hours into K&L2 so I was off by a bit in my last post.

Tizoc

I think everyone has to experience the Kane & Lynch games one time in their life.

For the sake of my insanity I think I shall play through it on Easy.

No offense but this reads like you cutting the game some slack because you were able to analyze it.

Card Boy

Banned
When i saw police officers shooting at me and then other police officers in a caution mode looking for me it was the final straw. This is on top of the shit controls, stutter, enemies walking through geometry, the fact the game won't start unless you install GFWL, bad textures and lighting, bad animations, shit gunplay that makes Deus Ex: The Fall look good.

This was all in first 45 minutes of playing! (which by the sounds of it is 1/3 of the game lol!!!!)

derFeef

When i saw police officers shooting at me and then other police officers in a caution mode looking for me it was the final straw. This is on top of the shit controls, stutter, enemies walking through geometry, the fact the game won't start unless you install GFWL, bad textures and lighting, bad animations, shit gunplay that makes Deus Ex: The Fall look good.

This was all in first 45 minutes of playing! (which by the sounds of it is 1/3 of the game lol!!!!)

Yes... but
heat-shoot-out-reload-gif.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Freebie -- MB-BCA42798DDED9375
Highland Warriors -- MB-4C4774BF244C7E99 gonski as well
Normality -- MB-FBD2734870A8BBC8 gonski
Take Thy Throne -- MB-12A0DAF26E3955D2 gonski

Modbot is sleepy, not editing any more.

derFeef

K&L 2 has menu screens as amazing as this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadJ_pewXr8

Mediocre game. But a fascinating one. This blog post does a good job of explaining why: http://xanderkishblog.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/kane-and-lynch-2-anti-shooter-before.html

IMHO IO Interactive has always done an unparalleled job at building up atmosphere and portraying real world locations.

Yup they are one of the best in that regard, but Remedy has still this crown.

Wok

wok's 2017 game list is growing

Maybe it is the 2018 game list. Who knows? I have been waiting for an announcement for this game since summer 2016. This was already on the website at that time:

Anyway, so far, it is true, the list is growing despite all my efforts to keep it short:

Plus, these without a store page yet:
1. Miegakure ; the 4D game which got featured in an XKCD comic.
2. Gorogoa ; a puzzle-game in which the main mechanic consists in merging hand-drawn illustrations.
3. Ernesto RPG ; a game released by Daniel Benmergui, yes, it could exist!
4. The Council of Crows ; the next long-awaited game in the land of dreams, by the creators of The Sea Will Claim Everything.
5. Bomb Squad Academy ; think Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes in solo.

zkylon

zkylewd
miegakure and ernesto are like my 1 and 2

also persona 4 is great, i feel like i like persona 3 better but p4 really is great

Eila

The Legend of Dark Witch 2 is out now. 10%.

Regional pricing all over the place in this one. Kind of shocking to see Russia and China be among the most expensive regions in a game. And it's cute he put a good price in Japan, considering they usually get screwed with high prices.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
hmm not feeling that artstyle

why can't most sprite games (that are not trying to be retro) be like Dragon's Trap?

Jawmuncher

Kane and Lynch games are great. Fight me.

IO needs to take a break with hitman. They already redeemed it. Now they need to redeem Kane and lynch in people's eyes (I liked both).

The episodic format would work great with them. Because their escapades could be put into a tv show like format.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
IO needs to take a break with hitman. They already redeemed it. Now they need to redeem Kane and lynch in people's eyes (I liked both).

The episodic format would work great with them. Because their escapades could be put into a tv show like format.

Mann would need to make more good movies first for them to draw inspiration from.

Buraindo

I would actually be happy to see a Kane & Lynch 3 at some point. Doubt it's happening but still.

I am also done with Assassin's Creed III for now (read for good). It's buggy, bloated, boring and occasionally frustrating. Thought I'd at least be able to beat the main story but i'm already regretting the time I spent on it so it's probably best to stop here.

Ludens

Banned
Does anyone own a 90% off coupon for The Uncertain?

Also
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Neverwinter Nights 2 75% off voucher GOG -- MB-2C2B2B09DC4127D1

def sim

I completed Dark Souls 1 with a mouse and kb. DSmouse fix worked well enough, though I couldn't dodge roll diagonally back to the left.

Tizoc

I remember Tizoc wanting USF4 to go on sale, it´s on sale @ Bundlestars right now.
Actually i own usf4 ^^;
I got an email about bundlestars's capcom sale too
Alas i actually want the original sf4.
Odd thing i know but i just want it :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom