• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there's a point in the Dragon's Dogma story where you can't go back and do Bitterblack Isle... I learned that the hard way. I only start a new game plus now.

Nzyme32

Did Steam remove the connection (thus support) using PS3 in Steam? It doesn't show up anymore. Does this mean there is no cross-play between PC / PS3 in Portal 2 anymore?

Crossplay is still there and working, but the PC side of making Steam accounts with a PSN ID is long gone

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Worlds Adrift Playtest -- MB-D0229C994213EE26

ArjanN

Since some of you asked questions, or mentioned you were interested I thought I'd let you know that part one of the Ghostlight Q&A is now live

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-ghostlight-q-a-2017

I answer a question on how we acquire new Japanese games to port to PC, which was quite interesting as I actually found out some things I didn't know about how the process works.

And also answer questions on our most challenging PC port, and my favourite games we've published :)

All combined with a healthy dose of teasing:)

If any of you have any questions then please message me them and I'll try to include them in part two.

Thanks Ross.

jtb

Banned
How terrible is GTA V on non-Steam DRM? I only have the console version atm, considering picking it up for PC while it's half off on Humble.

Pretty much all of that persons recent posts are in Switch threads <chinscratch emoji that broke when I edited>

Also, RE6 Leon runs really oddly. It's makes me kind of motion sick. Hearing Laura Bailey right at the start of the game was nice tho.

She nailed Helena. It was the perfect VA choice.

Regginator

How terrible is GTA V on non-Steam DRM? I only have the console version atm, considering picking it up for PC while it's half off on Humble.

If I'm not mistaking, you'll get the Rockstar Social Club DRM no matter what. It's an additional DRM on top of Steam. Like how it's the case with the AC games, Watch Dogs, etc. You'll get Uplay on top of it regardless.

As for R*SC itself, I don't think it's that bad, but a lot of people have been complaining about "undeserved and random bans" in GTA Online. Whether those complaints are legit or just hackers' last cries, I cannot say.

jtb

Banned
If I'm not mistaking, you'll get the Rockstar Social Club DRM no matter what. It's an additional DRM on top of Steam. Like how it's the case with the AC games, Watch Dogs, etc. You'll get Uplay on top of it regardless.

As for R*SC itself, I don't think it's that bad, but a lot of people have been complaining about "undeserved and random bans" in GTA Online. Whether those complaints are legit or just hackers' last cries, I cannot say.

I won't be spending much time online, so sounds like it's worth plunging now instead of waiting for the next time it goes on sale on Steam. Thanks!

hohoXD123

Playing around with WD2, seems my 1080 can't hit 1440p60fps maxed. Temporal filtering pretty much makes the framerate jump from 46 to 86 but there are so many jaggies.

Looks like Deadbreed will be killed off on 31/1/17. It's F2P but there should be plenty of cheapo keys around to bind it to your account, they were giving them away at one point.

The dev of Remind Yourself is also saying that this is the last sale of his game and in two weeks he's removing it from steam. He's English isn't great so it might mean he's just no longer supporting it or it might disappear on 2/1/17. Currently 80% off at $2.99.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What is the funnest class to play in Dragon's Dogma?

Honestly they are all good in their own way.

Magic Archer has a lot of cool abilities to mess around with, as support or attack.
Assassin or Strider if you just want to go out and hunt enemies. Fun for me to just go all out and climb all the big enemies and stab them in the head.
Mystic Knight is the general hero, can do just about everything a little bit, so good to play around with.
Sorcerer if you like to see a bunch of stuff happening at once and you get fun from messing people up.
Warrior, if you don't mind being slow, you can by the end let you play out Beserk.

Jut a matter of play style for the person.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

One DDs strengths is that you can switch classes and playstyles to suit your mood. It's super easy to go from up close to ranged to magic without much hassle.

How come Steam doesn't have the feature to download a chunk of game that may be playable and download the rest while playing like what PSN , Origin and many gaming services offer?

Doesn't matter. You're going to play most, if not all, the classes anyway. You'll need to master certain abilities from certain classes to maximize your favorite class later. It sounds grindy but worry not, you'll get them before you know it because the journey is just that fun.

Teggy

How does the difficulty work in RE6? Can you go ch1-ch1-ch1-ch1-ch2-ch2, etc or is it better to just play the complete character as a whole?

Jawmuncher

How does the difficulty work in RE6? Can you go ch1-ch1-ch1-ch1-ch2-ch2, etc or is it better to just play the complete character as a whole?

I prefer to do that. There's really no wrong or right way. There's like a "canon" timeline. But really the way you have planned to me is the best way. Gives you nice variety and lets all the campaigns end back to back. Which feels better than doing one full campaign and having to start up another.

Guys these trigonometric functions are killing me, I need to lie down. One day I'll be a doctor and need these I think.

That aside I just realized after RE7 and my birthday I got nothing to buy until... Fall? Not even sure actually.

Kyougar

Dont know if it was mentioned the last pages, but i saw that imperium Galactica II was added to Steam.

header.jpg

I remember that I played the game for hours upon hours in the early 2000's. I think it was 4 disks and my fourth was scratched or something and I had always CTD bugs in late game.

Another good game semi like this is Haegemonia Legions of Iron (already on steam).

MUnited83

For you.
How come Steam doesn't have the feature to download a chunk of game that may be playable and download the rest while playing like what PSN , Origin and many gaming services offer?

It already has that. Blame devs for not supporting it.

Although it's a pretty shitty feature so , eh.

Teggy

Guys these trigonometric functions are killing me, I need to lie down. One day I'll be a doctor and need these I think.

That aside I just realized after RE7 and my birthday I got nothing to buy until... Fall? Not even sure actually.

Don't like Mass Effect? No consoles?

Edit: or Styx?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How are players supposed to play in cross-play then ? Unless only those who already have Steam accounts linked to PS3.

PS3 players can create a Steam account from within the game, assuming the registration form and account linking process still function correctly.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
CEF1246C741C2FC95845531F0D37FEFB48D096BE

Wtf..did they recycle the Nuclear Throne engine? It's out there in open source. The art looks all new, but the level generation and feature set are exactly the same.

Deques

[IMGhttp://cloud-3.steamusercontent.com/ugc/88218951563446817/CEF1246C741C2FC95845531F0D37FEFB48D096BE/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|268:268&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C268%3A268&background-color=black[/IMG]

Wtf..did they recycle the Nuclear Throne engine? It's out there in open source. The art looks all new, but the level generation and feature set are exactly the same.

It's not surprising since the source code for an old version of Nuclear Throne was made available in one of the previous Humble GameMaker bundle. I wonder how the original owners feel when they see this

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so I know many gaffers have the "the price should be lower than it actually is" people, but are there gaffers who have this "they should have charged more for this!" mindset? certain fanbases like Witcher or No Mans Sky fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom