• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can endless legend be played without getting into any combat?

You can automate them, i dont care for the combat, so i always skip them. Or do you mean preventing them completely? That sounds impossible, the factions are rather agressive. But you can edit your own game and choose some friendly opponents.

Did someone say Gothic? Best WRPG ever. So when can we expect the canceled built?

DDAA is for 12 bucks on humble.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen

Can someone say something about dirt rally? It was on the last steam sale but i missed it. 20 bucks.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally

Alien Isolation Complete for 11.50.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/alien-isolation-the-collection

Mivey

header.jpg

Cool ass game
So what now? Is it cool or ass? Or somehow both, which would cancel itself out and just give you a "game". Unless of course you forgot a hypen "cool ass-game"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what now? Is it cool or ass? Or somehow both, which would cancel itself out and just give you a "game". Unless of course you forgot a hypen "cool ass-game"

its a cool-ass game. its Good, Here's my little review from the 52 thread:

"This was a nice surprise, it looked like any other dual stick shooter, but its actually more of a isometric cover based shooter. You can take cover, vault over cover, dodge roll, pretty much everything you can do in a third person shooter, oinly from a top down / isometric view. Finished all 30 missions but the game doesnt really end, its meant to be replayed and level up your character, so you can replay levels or do them with friends (or randoms) online. Theres a bunch of stuff to level, from skill trees, you can buy and then upgrade various weapons and gear, the weapons even have their own little skill trees so you can actually customize how you play the game. Very cool stuff. I also really like the look, but unfortunatly theres pretty much only one tileset (which changes up a bit around level 20 upward) so it can get repetitive."

I actually *gasp* didnt uninstall it when I finished it (well when I beat the 30th and last mission, like I said there isnt really an ending, or a story), in case someone on my friends list decides to play it, I might jump in and help / level up my guy in the proccess.

That means you Nabs get on it

Not linking a Steam banner to the Steam page should be ban worthy.

im lazy. And you are lazier because you wont type metldown on the steam search box!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have a question about global achievement stats. How are those calculated? Does it count everyone who has launched the game, regardless if they've gotten an achievement? Does the fact that people list their profiles as private affect the their calculation (I doubt it)?

All players with recorded play time, IIRC.

Mivey

Wonder why they didn't bring that female warrior character into Gothic 2. I don't think any of the Gothic games has any interesting female characters, come to think of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just launched the Nioh last chance demo (its not live until tomorow but you can actually launch it now) and the title screen says on the bottom:

"Published by Sony Interactive Entertinment Europe"

Welp?

I don't know if I'll be able to finish VA-11 Hall-A (I'm at the second chapter). The presentation and the music are great sure, but some of the conversations are so unbelievably boring.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
just launched the Nioh last chance demo (its not live until tomorow but you can actually launch it now) and the title screen says on the bottom:

Welp?

KT owns the game and IP. Sony's publishing contract is but a mild inconvenience -- it'll eventually expire, at which point KT can fast-track a PC port. Publishing rights always default to the copyright holder after some time.

MUnited83

For you.

Welp?

As "welp" as Ryse and Dead Rising 3 having their Xbox One version published by MS.

As in, it doesn't mean much.

Rhaknar

ok cool. I didnt put a ? on my welp afterall :p

Welp?

"While Koei Tecmo published the game in Japan, Sony Interactive Entertainment handled publishing duties in mainland Asia, North America and Europe. This was to distribute the game to as wide an audience as possible."

From wiki, i think its pretty common.

edit, beaten

OneUh8

Hmm, I have had Endless Legend on the wishlist for a long time. Although I just bought Age of Wonders III over the steam sale. Yet to even install it. I should probably just hold off Endless Legend then?

Welp?

I'd double dip if it came out later on PC but at least it's 60fps. Bloodborne still pains me to do this day with that framerate.
Still the best Souls game.

Grief.exe

KT owns the game and IP. Sony's publishing contract is but a mild inconvenience -- it'll eventually expire, at which point KT can fast-track a PC port. Publishing rights always default to the copyright holder after some time.

This is what seems to be the most likely arrangement.

Why is everyone in the Fallout universe a slob? Is it commentary that hygiene is learned behavior in humans?

They have self-aware AIs but no one can pick up the trash.

MUnited83

For you.
Why is everyone in the Fallout universe a slob? Is it commentary that hygiene is learned behavior in humans?

They have self-aware AIs but no one can pick up the trash.

It's incredible. You can craft highly advanced auto targeting turrets, but you can't build a decent looking building. And people live in places with 200 years old trash without cleaning up once.

Nzyme32

Wahaha - offtopic, but just switched the TV on and saw the US concert thing for the upcoming president. The music sounded a bit like the Red Army Choir doing Russian tunes, and I thought that was weird - then fireworks went off that I assume was meant to say USA, but looked more like USR leading me to click on to USSR. Still awaiting Zangief

Grief.exe

Wahaha - offtopic, but just switched the TV on and saw the US concert thing for the upcoming president. The music sounded a bit like the Red Army Choir doing Russian tunes, and I thought that was weird - then fireworks went off that I assume was meant to say USA, but looked more like USR leading me to click on to USSR. Still awaiting Zangief

There were sources saying they requested a missle/tank display like old Soviet or North Korean parades.

Did Steam remove the connection (thus support) using PS3 in Steam? It doesn't show up anymore. Does this mean there is no cross-play between PC / PS3 in Portal 2 anymore?

yuraya

Strider sure does pick up on difficulty near the end. The first like 80% of the game was kind of easy now nearing the end and all sorts of ridiculous shit thrown at you.

fertygo

Some unused key

ModBot said:
Instructions for fertygo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gunmetal Arcadia Zero -- MB-FD081A4F1E42CDD0
Jumpjet Rex -- MB-C5440E31780D483F

t1484871235z1.png

shockdude

Split/Second is a really fun racing game.
The audio mixing is pretty silly though. Why is the car engine noise so quiet? Why are the "wind whooshing" noises as loud as the explosions?

Also, could someone invite me to the GAF steam group? Edit: Thanks!

Rhaknar

Played about 1 hour of Evoland 2 even tho I didnt want to start it alongside with FFXIII, and holy shit its fantastic. Talk about a strong first impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom