• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

I'm joking, but only a little.
Crash was always awful and I hope the remake that Sony is pumping out will finally make people realize how bad Crash actually is. But it probably won't because nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I’m str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can’t w8. We should convers8, I won’t ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don’t hesit8

Wok

I remember when Naughty Dog made good games. Like the Jak trilogy.
And just that. Everything else they have done is garbage.

I'm joking, but only a little.
Crash was always awful and I hope the remake that Sony is pumping out will finally make people realize how bad Crash actually is. But it probably won't because nostalgia is a powerful drug.
I started Uncharted 1 way back when but it just kind of felt real loose and not fun.
Haven't played Last of Us.
And anything older than Crash is not worth a mention.

Thankfully, you used a smiley.

Crash > Jak.

The Crash remake is the only game that could make be buy a console.

gelf

Here is a fact for you
If bloodborne was multiplat, it would not have been goty 2015 gaf and would be disregarded as mch as dark souls 3
Fact
DS3 is hardly disregarded, it still came 4th. But still it's far less exciting a release then Bloodborne which at least offered a new setting and added a new spin on the gameplay. DS3 suffers from feeling more of the same and coming out when there's a bit more Souls fatigue.

I believe Bloodborne would have still won that year. Uncharted would beat both in any year though much as I don't like that series at all.

Tizoc

DS3 is hardly disregarded, it still came 4th. But still it's far less exciting a release then Bloodborne which at least offered a new setting and added a new spin on the gameplay. DS3 suffers from feeling more of the same and coming out when there's a bit more Souls fatigue.

I believe Bloodborne would have still won that year. Uncharted would beat both in any year though much as I don't like that series at all.
All the bloodborne was robbed meme has sadly made it difficult for me, currently to actually believe that it was voted that high because of its gameplay, even tho id accept it if the gameplays is indeed good

Seeing ds3 at #3~4 makes me wonder if bb wouldve been in that position if had it been multiplat

Hektor

All the bloodborne was robbed meme has sadly made it difficult for me, currently to actually believe that it was voted that high because of its gameplay, even tho id accept it if the gameplays is indeed good

Seeing ds3 at #3~4 makes me wonder if bb wouldve been in that position if had it been multiplat

Bloodborne is a lot less uninspired and derivative than DS3, tho i don't deny that it's exclusively made it more popular than it would've been otherwise

Kudo

BB is the first game I feel religious about, it's that good. DS3 doesn't even compare.
I'd like to believe platform doesn't have much power in its GOTY wins and there's fanboys for each platform so I believe it would have won nevertheless.

Ladekabel

I could've finished Ys Origins twice already but all I want to play currently is Picross Touch. I hope that Paint it Back doesn't have a sale soon.

Nabs

I could've finished Ys Origins twice already but all I want to play currently is Picross Touch. I hope that Paint it Back doesn't have a sale soon.

Paint it Back is so much better it's not even funny. You probably wont play another game for a while if you pick it up.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I ended up pre-ordering RE7 for some goddamn reason, I'm the biggest pussy around so...

I actually liked alien: Isolation tho until the alien started showing up, I got too paranoid and it got too tense for my poor heart. <---- Maybe 2 hours of playtime, lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Paint it Back is so much better it's not even funny. You probably wont play another game for a while if you pick it up.

you will play other games when paint it back makes you wnt to curl up into fetal position and wish your daddy never met your mommy so yoiu wouldnt exist.

Also fuck that pope boss, he dead now tho.

Tizoc

you will play other games when paint it back makes you wnt to curl up into fetal position and wish your daddy never met your mommy so yoiu wouldnt exist.

Also fuck that pope boss, he dead now tho.
Paint it back aint ghat bad man
Start on easy and amoe ur way thru normal at least
Ive beaten it twice so far

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I guess I'm in the minority of people who really couldn't care less what game the other side of GAF picks as the "best"

Neither can I. Boohoo.

Any world on Dragon Quest Builders coming to Steam? If not, I'll get it on PS4. Same with World of Final Fantasy.

Knurek

What's the difference?

latest

Text to gameplay ratio, basically.
Since everybody calls Utawarerumono a VN, TitS should get the same monicker.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The salt in this thread lol

Isn't that why you made your own Steam GOTY voting
What salt? I genuinely don't understand why that genre is popular.

What game was steamgaf rooting for? Don't say Dark Souls, because that is one genre I do not understand the popularity of.
The only one from the top 20 I've actually played is Stardew Valley, and even though it was my GOTY I don't think it should've gotten the #1 spot. I'm just happy that made it into the top 20.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What game was steamgaf rooting for? Don't say Dark Souls, because that is one genre I do not understand the popularity of.

Vuze

I just played them all last year and thought 4 was easily the best, they were all just ok not exactly my genre but I feel like 4 left the biggest impact.
Uncharted 4 was pretty bad. Uncharted 1 was the worst in the series but I'd rank 4 in second worst place. Such horrible pacing for a game that tries to be a playable movie.
The DLC looks promising however.

What salt? I genuinely don't understand why that genre is popular.

I genuinely don't understand why anime visual novels are popular but I'm not upset about it or ask people why they like them.

I haven't even played Uncharted 4 but who cares? I'm just glad Dark Souls III was high up on the list because it was personally the best game I played in 2016.

Tizoc

I genuinely don't understand why anime visual novels are popular but I'm not upset about it or ask people why they like them.

I haven't even played Uncharted 4 but who cares? I'm just glad Dark Souls III was high up on the list because it was personally the best game I played in 2016.
Let me be honest with you
What we REALLY wanted
Was the salt
The salt from the reactions of uncharted 4 NOT being #1 gaf's goty 2016
Ask grief and ghost trick about how sony peeps feel about exclusivity And you will get an idea of just how much we adore that elusive legendary salt
I honestly couldnt care less if overwatch or doom 2016 were #1, but ah to see the...let us say 'frenzy' of uncharted 4 not being #1 wouldve been glorious

Kudo

Uncharted 4 was pretty bad. Uncharted 1 was the worst in the series but I'd rank 4 in second worst place. Such horrible pacing for a game that tries to be a playable movie.
The DLC looks promising however.

I think it has something to do with the visual presentation for me, each new location was presented in such a way that the adventure just stick to my mind.
DLC is the reason I still have my copy around, hopefully it's worth it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wait what, I'm almost finished Uncharted 4, and I love it.

only UC game I've played though

You are in for a treat then if you plan to play the other games. Uncharted 4 is in terms of Gameplay the second worst game of the series. The story is nice, but I also think 2 and 3 are much superior.

tmarg

I've never understood the hate for crash. Nobody has ever pulled off the mascot platformer anywhere near as well as Nintendo, but as far as attempts go crash was at least way better than sonic.

I haven't played the games in years, but I enjoyed them enough when they were new. I don't have a ps4, but if I did I'd probably pick up the remasters eventually.

Let me be honest with you
What we REALLY wanted
Was the salt
The salt from the reactions of uncharted 4 NOT being #1 gaf's goty 2016
Ask grief and ghost trick about how sony peeps feel about exclusivity And you will get an idea of just how much we adore that elusive legendary salt
I honestly couldnt care less if overwatch or doom 2016 were #1, but ah to see the...let us say 'frenzy' of uncharted 4 not being #1 wouldve been glorious

If that's what we're doing now, then I can't wait to see Zelda not be #1 in 2017.

He's got NO CHANCE! banuhnuhnuh NO CHANCE IN HELL!

xezuru

I've never understood the hate for crash. Nobody has ever pulled off the mascot platformer anywhere near as well as Nintendo, but as far as attempts go crash was at least way better than sonic.

I haven't played the games in years, but I enjoyed them enough when they were new. I don't have a ps4, but if I did I'd probably pick up the remasters eventually.

Banjo had more cohesive scale diversity and tools then both but then they turned it into bumper cars :(

cyba89

I think it has something to do with the visual presentation for me, each new location was presented in such a way that the adventure just stick to my mind.
DLC is the reason I still have my copy around, hopefully it's worth it.

The DLC is standalone I think.

Vuze

I just realized y'all were talking about it because of the GAF GOTY awards. It really won? Gross.
Hitman was robbed (atleast Action GOTY). But who am I kidding, as if it had any chance as a multi-plat title anyway :p

Parsnip

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I’m str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can’t w8. We should convers8, I won’t ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don’t hesit8
Thankfully, you used a smiley.

Crash > Jak.

The Crash remake is the only game that could make be buy a console.
This just sounds crazy.
To me at the time Crash was the awful platformer with an awful protag that people had to settle for because they didn't own N64 and Mario. And time hasn't been kind to it at all.
It's always been a mystery to me how some people remember Crash fondly. Spyro was the PS1 platformer/collectathon that was actually good.

Vuze

Started Dark Souls 3 - wow, some places looks very rough.
Unless you're playing on low or something, this looks like a streaming glitch. Game doesn't look rough at all.
Or well, perhaps it's an out of bound area. But I never noticed these being that bad during my playthrough.

tmarg

This just sounds crazy.
To me at the time Crash was the awful platformer with an awful protag that people had to settle for because they didn't own N64 and Mario. And time hasn't been kind to it at all.
It's always been a mystery to me how some people remember Crash fondly. Spyro was the PS1 platformer/collectathon that was actually good.

The original Spyro made me motion sick for some reason. I remember it being about the same quality as crash though. I was probably around 12 years old at the time though, so who knows how good my taste was.

KainXVIII

Unless you're playing on low or something, this looks like a streaming glitch. Game doesn't look rough at all.
Or well, perhaps it's an out of bound area. But I never noticed these being that bad during my playthrough.

Yeah, you can't go there, looks like N64 forest from DS2.

dark_souls_2_-_bad_grjrs9q.png

Tizoc

If that's what we're doing now, then I can't wait to see Zelda not be #1 in 2017.

He's got NO CHANCE! banuhnuhnuh NO CHANCE IN HELL!
I actually dont mind zelda being #1
The salt from not happening that might not taste as delicate as the alternative tho

MadGear

Oh of course, my 780 just died. It literally went from working flawlessly to "oh there as an artifact" to "and now it's dead" within seconds. Considering the games I'm looking forward to this year I doubt that anything above a 1060 6GB or 480 8GB makes a lot of sense. Too bad that the current-game bundles aren't that interesting (at least to me). Oh well.

Parsnip

Yeah, 2017 gaf goty will be Horizon or Zelda, with Persona being the third. It's hard to see anything else top those 3.

Which is a bit depressing because I like the world of Mass Effect, but everything they've shown of the game has been kind of eh.

If general GAF is to be believed, there is no hate for Crash and I'm just an outlier.
But I've also never personally known anyone who actually liked Crash.
Maybe it's a regional thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom