• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

It's a shame the Stalker series hasn't penetrated to more people, yet ultimately these are solid numbers for niche, admittedly janky games.

MuDIXWz.png

Volimar

Cactuar's are jerks.

Noooot really
You do know u can use rods as items to cast spells right? There is one rod thst if u use will cast a strong melee attack for example

I knew that was true with the SNES version but for some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on the version Steam uses.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forge of Gods Fantastic Six Pack -- MB-DD20B0A8405BC367
Forge of the Gods Dragon Trainer Pack -- MB-3BAD7ACBDFAFF386
Enjoy!

AHA-Lambda

I hate Nioh -_-

EDIT: Oh damn I got quoted for Mankind Divided :O

And I definitely need to get to House of Fata Morgana asap now!

Tizoc

Dark Souls III getting robbed left and right.

The disrespect towards Miyazaki's genius is baffling.
Here is a fact for you
If bloodborne was multiplat, it would not have been goty 2015 gaf and would be disregarded as mch as dark souls 3
Fact

Durante

I don't know why people use "Visual Novel" to denigrate games, VNs can be great :p

Here is a fact for you
If bloodborne was multiplat, it would not have been goty 2015 gaf and would be disregarded as mch as dark souls 3
Fact
It's probably true.

Kudo

Here is a fact for you
Fact

Other is new and genius, improves on everything and other takes few steps back and then stops trying.
So I'd argue against but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Tizoc

I don't know why people use "Visual Novel" to denigrate games, VNs can be great :p

It's probably true.
Telltale games are visual novels but with more interactivity
Regardless of any anime tropes visual novels have they can be entertaining to read thru
Tho personally the vns that i enjoyed most had some puzzles elements in them (aa, danganronpa) ^^;

rahji

I seem to be a cool char in dark souls 2. managed to defeat the gargoyles on the second try. but it seems to be a dead end. huh

20170121180127_1f6sxq.jpg

Got a little problem y'all. SInce that last update whenever I have steam open and use any controller it starts affecting my whole computer. For instance it would dim my screen or if I have a website open it scrolls and It will click links. How do I fix this?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Then I can pretend this never happened.
m5p88I1.jpg

oh shit where are they? I havent seen any and im almost at the end? :/

also, why do I keep pre-loading games if unpacking them is slower than actually downloading them ;_;

Tizoc

also, why do I keep pre-loading games if unpacking them is slower than actually downloading them ;_;
That is one of the cieth stone boss battles
Forgot how to trigger it though @_@

There is also a special boss battle against
3 tonberries

rahji

I can recognize a trend in the steam goty awards: In the last 5 years every gaf goty was a console exclusive. 4 out 5 times it was on a Sony console.

Parsnip

Got a little problem y'all. SInce that last update whenever I have steam open and use any controller it starts affecting my whole computer. For instance it would dim my screen or if I have a website open it scrolls and It will click links. How do I fix this?
Check your controller base configurations in big picture mode, there's one that controls desktop. You can probably just null all those binds there.

I forget where and how exactly, but Gran Pulse.

MaxiLive

happy birthday! and those are some great games ^^
Happy bday mate.
Happy birthday!

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes!

Best birthday ever as Yakuza 0 got delivered while I was out, woo!

And for anyone who missed it, games! I'm not sure if Modbot is doing so well at re-posting?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia 2 -- MB-20C95EBE46B657D7
FEZ -- MB-78B32A7ABC4E5FC7
FTL - Faster Than Light -- MB-2E7840DE2D6FDAF0
Shantae - Risky's Revenge -- MB-506D9A6BAAAA5319
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-B8B76FB4BB290ED1

t1485071910z1.png

Uncharted fanboys came through for it, I guess.

I never understood the hype for those games.
I blame Sony and their marketing team who always creating unhealthy hype around their games. The only great Uncharted game was Uncharted 2, everything else including those Vita "games" was good at best.

Tizoc

I blame Sony and their marketing team who always creating unhealthy hype around their games. The only great Uncharted game was Uncharted 2, everything else including those Vita "games" was good at best.
When did u last play uc2 btw? I plan on finishing it later this year

Uncharted fanboys came through for it, I guess.

I never understood the hype for those games.

I missed getting my votes in for GAF GOTY but at least I voted on Best GAF GOTY where Stardew Valley is in its rightful spot in the top 3.

I did start the Shadowrun Hong Kong expansion last night and wish I'd played it earlier so I'd had something to vote for in the DLC category.

rahji

nah, I enjoyed every Uncharted. I knew nothing about them and played them when I got my PS3 2 years ago. After the first 3 games I was hyped for Uncharted 4.

Kudo

I just played them all last year and thought 4 was easily the best, they were all just ok not exactly my genre but I feel like 4 left the biggest impact.

Durante

I actually played Uncharted (the first one) since there was so much hype for it at the time. It was very well executed technically, had entertaining enough and inoffensive story and characters, great sound design, and gameplay that I found mostly boring and repetitive after an hour or so.

Tizoc

I actually played Uncharted (the first one) since there was so much hype for it at the time. It was very well executed technically, had entertaining enough and inoffensive story and characters, great sound design, and gameplay that I found mostly boring and repetitive after an hour or so.
Uncharted 1 is easily the worst in the series
Mainly because naughty dog didntt know wtf to do witht eh game outside of making you go thru gunfights

Parsnip

I remember when Naughty Dog made good games. Like the Jak trilogy.
And just that. Everything else they have done is garbage.

I'm joking, but only a little.
Crash was always awful and I hope the remake that Sony is pumping out will finally make people realize how bad Crash actually is. But it probably won't because nostalgia is a powerful drug.
I started Uncharted 1 way back when but it just kind of felt real loose and not fun.
Haven't played Last of Us.
And anything older than Crash is not worth a mention.

😃

Durante

Uncharted 1 is easily the worst in the series
Mainly because naughty dog didntt know wtf to do witht eh game outside of making you go thru gunfights
If anything, my patience for "cinematic AAA third person action" dropped significantly since I played Uncharted, so I don't think I'd enjoy any entry in the franchise much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom