• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

By the devs of The Way, with a The Wolf Among Us feel.

ss_84c001dba6b3d20d32648e68e7b6c1784b9238ec.1920x1080.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
The Atelier series are non-linear JRPGs with a more "slice-of-life" than "safe the world" tone, tons of optional quests, and a large gameplay focus on alchemy in addition to battles.

The alchemy system is completely different from anything I've seen in any other game. I generally am not a big fan of "crafting" systems, since they have little player agency and usually feel superfluous. However, the alchemy system (at least in the Dusk trilogy which preceded Sophie) is more strategic and almost has a puzzle game aspect if you try to optimize your items.
hmm, sounds interesting, but probably not something i could get into

maybe if it's cheap i'll give it a shot

Ludens

Banned
I'm really liking RE7 so far, but I still believe the game should be cheaper, 40€ would be the right price for it honestly. I mean, it's not that different, in example, from Outlast, Amnesia or many good indie games you can find around, I can't see the "triple A touch" honestly, a thing you could see in RE6 even if it was an inferior game.
For now the game really lacks variety, pretty much
there are two kind of enemies, the molded ones and the Bakers, and you will fight face each one of them several times in hide and seek sections until you finally kill them.

Visuals are not great too, I can understand they want to reproduce the style of grim and gritty horror movies and vhs age, but some textures are horrible.

But the game, as I wrote, is fun, even if I still believe Capcom should have released this as a spin-off, because I saw zero RE connections until now...I mean, Code Veronica is a spin-off but it features iconic characters and the plot is much more important for the franchise compared to RE7 or even to RE3, in example.

unrealist

I am not sure if this is the right place to post but since both New Vegas and Skyrim are from Steam... here goes:

Why is New Vegas, an older much slower in terms of FPS and stuttering compared to Skyrim? NV runs at nearly half less the FPS and often stutters.. Skyrim is silky smooth on the other hand. Am I doing something wrong? I thought both ran off the same engine.

Arminsc

Man, Tyranny's Conquest system is such a good induction into the lore. It totally does out-origin Dragon Age: Origins.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 also out-origins Dragon Age: Origins, y'know. It's much more personalised to the character, but also a lot more radical in how it changes the character's motivations.

It's actually the opposite. Combat and conversations are the inverse of PoE--at times it feels like 80% dialog, 20% combat, but in truth it's probably closer to 60-40.

Tyranny strikes a really good progression balance, and introduces a lot of great RPG mechanics to the genre. It isn't afraid to bring players knee-deep in lore thanks to the lore tooltips, and the Conquest system personalises the world for each player. Plus the loot is much more sensible than PoE. It's just really well-realised.

Only bummer is that Act 3 is apparently super short. (I still haven't beaten it, in spite of how much I've enjoyed my time with Tyranny. Backlog blues.)

Definitely. It feels like a blueprint for an absolute classic.

The setting is just so cool... ripe for sidestories and sequels.

Yeah, Tyranny hit me in the right spots for many of those reasons. I had been wanting to play Pillars of Eternity for some time but didn't start it because its length so when Tyranny released and I read that it was shorter I bought it right away.

I didn't know much about the game but after starting it and seeing that it wasn't as combat focused how much decision making it involved I started to like it more and more. the idea of the tooltips helped a lot, they increased my interest in the world and lore and their placement made it really comfortable to check something you would like to know about without checking a wiki or having to alt-tab the game to read it online.

Also, the pacing felt smooth and it was very difficult to get lost or not knowing where to go at any time, but I would have liked a little bit more of exploration since I found the world so interesting.

About the act length It was really odd but the weight of the events that take place int Act III make it for its length, so I didn't care much about it being short in the end.

Overall amazing game for me!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I am not sure if this is the right place to post but since both New Vegas and Skyrim are from Steam... here goes:

Why is New Vegas, an older much slower in terms of FPS and stuttering compared to Skyrim? NV runs at nearly half less the FPS and often stutters.. Skyrim is silky smooth on the other hand. Am I doing something wrong? I thought both ran off the same engine.

New Vegas is closer to Fallout 3 and Oblivion than it is to Skyrim. Doubly so if you're talking about Skyrim Special Edition which is further updated for more modern systems.

It's been awhile since I tried running NV, but there's probably a host of "performance" tweaks and fixes. If I were trying to get it to run well I'd start with the the unofficial patch and whatever the latest version of ENBoost is. And just turning down settings in general to see what helps.

The combat in Tryanny is brain dead. Spells can be spammed endlessly and I died like twice on hard after the first 5 hours. Worst part of the game by far and I remember Pillars of Eternity being much more interesting to play mechanically. Feel like the branching kind of falls apart in the final act too and I can't imagine any sequel actually being able to follow up on the different routes in an interesting way which would be fine if it didn't end on such a cliff hanger.

Phinor

Time to get dirty again. Dirt 4 coming in June:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MPWza951iw

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337933

And of course:

This, umm, err. Dirt Rally was my GOTY in 2015, the best (and to me, the only) rally game in over a decade. Trying to balance between Dirt Rally and regular Dirt series isn't going to work, you have to commit to either direction or you will have a lot of unhappy people at both sides. Unless you literally create two games within one but they aren't going to do that.

To me this will be really interesting project to follow. I mean I liked the regular Dirt games too, but Rally was such a different beast and now that we finally have a good successor to Richard Burns Rally, I wouldn't like to go back to "stupid old" Dirt.

I wonder if this'll be the year we finally get PC ports of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics
that will retain the aesthetically nasty mobile interfaces.

neoemonk

Pillars of eternity
Pillars of eternity 2
Tyranny
Torment tides of numenera
Divinity original sin
Divinity original sin 2
Age of decadence
Wasteland 2
Wasteland 3
the shadowrun games

I want to play every one of those, and I'm still trying to figure out when I can find time for The Witcher Trilogy. My wishlist grows, my time diminishes.

Deques

Suddenly Paypal lets me send lesser than $1 again. This wasn't possible for me a few days ago, which stopped me from buying Evoland 2 from someone else. I wonder what's happening

I want to play every one of those, and I'm still trying to figure out when I can find time for The Witcher Trilogy. My wishlist grows, my time diminishes.

I've come to accept that it just isn't possible in my lifetime. The new releases keep piling up.
I'll never get around to most of them.

I am in the same boat and I have no time to start any of them so I'm just slowly mouldering through my BG:EE playthrough instead.. :(

neoemonk

I've come to accept that it just isn't possible in my lifetime. The new releases keep piling up.
I'll never get around to most of them.

I know, it's true. I'm really only dabbling in Stardew Valley right now and most of my gaming time is going into Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii U.

I was just thinking about how I can probably play the Switch on an exercise bike and that would be awesome so there's my positive thought of the day.

Then..this JRPG is not for me. I want flashy battles, huge ass summons, big budget fmv's and so on.

FFXV PC is still far away in 2018 though. It's not that good anyway.

Dirt 4 Steam Page courtesy of lashman.

Dirt 4 announcement and we have Squeenix, Mahvel, and Humble Bundle announcements still to come. Gonna be an exciting day.

It's not going to be FF related, right? I'm keeping my expectations low as usual.

Deques

I shouldn't answer this, but I believe with Steam's newly added Controller support for Xinput controllers the problem would go away.

I have tested with a game where it didn't have support for xbox one controller but had support for xbox 360. The xbox one controller now works with the game

Megasoum

Banned
Apparently it only works with official 360 controllers, nothing else. That may have changed with the new beta configuration beyond that goes beyond the actual steam controller.

I shouldn't answer this, but I believe with Steam's newly added Controller support for Xinput controllers the problem would go away.

I have tested with a game where it didn't have support for xbox one controller but had support for xbox 360. The xbox one controller now works with the game

Thanks guys.... Sigh the game is only 5$... I might as well try it.

Jawmuncher

Man Namco been going all in on pc. About the only thing missing now are some anime games like Sword Art Online. We've come a long way in 3 years. Where Japanese games you had to pray for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom