• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
at first glance seems more items drop, and items are cheaper in stores. Also levels seem much bigger, but im not sure if thats just placebo, or if it was already some changes the game got previous to the supply drop update, I havent played in months.

Nabs

Trump is out here trying to ruin the world. You're going to have to either deal with it, or use the Hide Forum Threads script.

And there are no smaller things.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Now that I think about it being always online is kinda a pointless complaint in a desktop.

I mean I get the sentiment and it is bad practice, but desktops are less likely to be disconnected online in this day and age, and Hitman is more forgiving unlike most other games.

fantomena

GAF should have three sections: Gaming, OffTopic and Trump.

Every shitty action Turmp does should be slammed in the face of every single one who vitis the off-topic section. Don't try to hide from reality, Trump is not just being shitty to the american people, but people around the world with his shitty politics.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GAF should have three sections: Gaming, OffTopic and Trump.

No one gave me a separate forum for stupid comic book and anime shit that well-adjusted adults don't care about, so everyone else is going to have to suffer through the grim reality of progress and dignity turning to ash in their mouths

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Trump is out here trying to ruin the world. You're going to have to either deal with it, or use the Hide Forum Threads script.

And there are no smaller things.
Yes, thats true, the big things need their own thread, but open a thread for every new tweet he sends is a bit much

Nice humble with the John Wick movie boxed.

How does Bamco do pc ports? Can we expect a great Ace Combat? I played it on 360, i think it was 6.

Dirt Rally is still for 17 bucks. Is it worth it?

Dragons dogma is a hell of an rpg.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Every shitty action Turmp does should be slammed in the face of every single one who vitis the off-topic section. Don't try to hide from reality, Trump is not just being shitty to the american people, but people around the world with his shitty politics.
Yeah, that won't fatigue people into not giving a shit when he's committing actual horrible acts.

PaulSane

Disgaea 2 preorder has gone up. 10% off, 15% off a dual pack (Disgaea 1+2)

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/495280/

Was about to post this.
If you own Disgaea, you can get Disgaea 2 with a 19% discount, which i just did :p

yuraya

Nice to see Ni No Kuni II getting PC release. That last trailer they showed at PSX looked really good. And of course a lot of emotional people in that thread.

Wok

I'm not pumped anymore. The dream is gone.

Edit: Wait, we are back to community. I cannot believe anymore.

Tizoc

I'm not pumped anymore. The dream is gone.

Edit: Wait, we are back to community. I cannot believe anymore.

Y'all shouldn't have been 'pumped' to begin with. It was a decent idea and the output would've been a bunch of ye olde games you would've gotten for sub $2. It wasn't anything worth making a big hubbub about.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm sure glad that Marvel made a deal with SE and not EA (I really hope Disney make Star Wars open to everyone after the deal is done). We'll get PC ports for sure.

I just hope Crystal Dynamics have a good writer on the games, if it's Bendis I will jump into a wall.

Tizoc

I'm sure glad that Marvel made a deal with SE and not EA (I really hope Disney make Star Wars open to everyone after the deal is done). We'll get PC ports for sure.

I just hope Crystal Dynamics have a good writer on the games, if it's Bendis I will jump into a wall.

i CARE More about gameplay than the writing tbh. Long as I can skip much of the sotry or dialog, I'll be fine :p

Vibranium

Banned
i CARE More about gameplay than the writing tbh. Long as I can skip much of the sotry or dialog, I'll be fine :p

I think Eidos and CD will nail the gameplay, I'm not worried at all. Unlike Tomb Raider or Deus Ex there is no real expectations.

Being a comics fan though, I would love to see my favorite writers get a kick at the can. Al Ewing or Mark Waid would be cool.

I think Eidos and CD will nail the gameplay, I'm not worried at all. Unlike Tomb Raider or Deus Ex there is no real expectations.

Being a comics fan though, I would love to see my favorite writers get a kick at the can. Al Ewing or Mark Waid would be cool.

A game written by Waid spanning multiple eras of Avengers comics would be amazing.

I think Ewing's style would be a big hit with certain types of games fans as well. It won't happen because this game will ape the movie style, but something close to Ultron Forever in tone would be gold.

No one gave me a separate forum for stupid comic book and anime shit that well-adjusted adults don't care about, so everyone else is going to have to suffer through the grim reality of progress and dignity turning to ash in their mouths
Does partaking in a video game forum fit into well-adjusted adulthood?

Megasoum

Banned
Played a bit of Dead Rising 2 during my lunch break at work today. Had to use x360ce to make the game pad work but it's fine now.

The game looks ROUGH however. Not sure if it's because I was running it in 1440p or just a bug on my work PC but the shadows were super blocky and some of the textures look terrible and super pixelated. Even the pause menu is super pixelated.

Played a bit of Dead Rising 2 during my lunch break at work today. Had to use x360ce to make the game pad work but it's fine now.

The game looks ROUGH however. Not sure if it's because I was running it in 1440p or just a bug on my work PC but the shadows were super blocky and some of the textures look terrible and super pixelated. Even the pause menu is super pixelated.
Did it not work with Steam's new pad integration? Activate it in Big Picture Mode.

Nabs

Take a pic next time

Did it not work with Steam's new pad integration? Activate it in Big Picture Mode.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it works with controller bindings.

Megasoum

Banned
Xbox pad works perfectly fine with DR2 with button prompts and all.

Have you enabled this setting:

?

The setting was greyed out with my xb1 controller plugged in

Also that screenshot gives you a good example of the pixelated texture in the menu I was talking about. Look at the blood splatters.

barber

They probably will be allowed a short time (like 1-2 months) to migrate the european info to european servers that actually fulfill the law. Steam biggest market is probably (likely? the hot maps look like that) Europe so... yeah probably will rent some amazon / google / microsoft servers in ireland or something like that.

In other news, Atelier launching so soon makes me giddy.

illusionary

I'd been rather hopeful about this week's bundle, having seen the tweet yesterday - that makes the reality all the more disappointing. Still, they can't all be good, and we've just had two very good weeks in a row.

So, are we Europeans fucked due to to Trump's latest executive order?
Will Steam, as an American company, be outlawed in EU soon? Or are we okay due to the Luxemburg branch?

I don't know enough to give an informed view, but surely with Steam's prominence they'd find a way to continue to serve EU customers.
I hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom