• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

TIL there are updated versions of TiTS 1 and 2 that came out years ago and were never localized. And the 3rd is supposed to come out soon but I assume we will be getting just localization of the PSP version?

Oh, and Fran Bow is MESSED UP.

Ban Puncher

Talking mad yang about Clannad

Mi5KI.gif

TIL there are updated versions of TiTS 1 and 2 that came out years ago and were never localized. And the 3rd is supposed to come out soon but I assume we will be getting just localization of the PSP version?

Oh, and Fran Bow is MESSED UP.

It's a localization of the PC version.

Kicking out more backlog games in my final week of vacation...Evoland is done.

It's a fun little romp. Reminded me of the flash game "Upgrade Complete" in RPG form. It does require some backtracking to get all the achievements, but I notice that the backtracking is somewhat inconsistent (you can acquire a bow, for example, but if you go back to certain areas you can't use it.) Also, the final boss fight is pretty clunky. Still, it was pretty cute and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Eila

Yeah they are on Vita and are voiced but honestly the remade artwork and soundtrack are extremely divisive. I think the 3rd had a DLC for the original soundtrack or something, but eh.

Nabs

So, after beating Ys I and coming close to having a mental break defeating Dark Fact, I'm at a dilemma. What game should I play next?

Ys II
Tales of Symphonia
Trails in the Sky
Final Fantasy IV

EDIT: Oops, I thought this was the steam OT. Didn't even know GAF had a hentai OT. I have to say it is cleverly disguised. Now I know what "Time to get GAMEPUMPED" means.

hop right into ys 2, you got this.

Platy

You know, part of the charm of "Long Live The Queen" is exactly breaking the expectations of it's cute generic anime artstyle

Pachimari

Argh hell no! I should have bought The Amazing Spider-Man and TMNT instead of the Transformers games during the sale damn, just my kind of shit luck. :(

Can they still be bought from others with keys or something? Where would I go to buy them now?

Grief.exe

Argh hell no! I should have bought The Amazing Spider-Man and TMNT instead of the Transformers games during the sale damn, just my kind of shit luck. :(

Can they still be bought from others with keys or something? Where would I go to buy them now?

You made the right decision.

Valxal

Speaking of anime, why is there no Tales of Berseria in the highlighted games of January? For shame.

Does anyone here anticipating it? It's the best Tales since Vesperia according to the importers.

I'm highly anticipating it. Pre-ordered it last week during the Winter Seal.

Vamphuntr

Wow, atlus thread still going on. I've never seen so many insecure people.

Atlus JP is kind of the hero of extreme fanboys since they are one of the only JP developer and publisher to not out have games on Steam. Gust used to be in the same situation before but that soon won't be the case anymore. Since the thread title also mentions Switch and this hardware also have intense fanboys even if we know nothing about it makes an explosive thread.

They will accept it and progress with time. 2 years ago people here mocked 60FPS and 4k gaming saying you couldn't see any difference and it was elitism and how PC gaming was expensive. Now they are buying a PS4 pro to replace their PS4, putting an SSD in it and buying 4k TVs.

yuraya

So is there any reason why AssCreed Chronicles games have such mixed reviews? Is it because the games are bad or is it because fans of the AAA stuff expected more from them?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cels, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cels, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fez (humble gift, redeems on steam) -- MB-FCA810CAD67433DC - Taken by Valxal. 4 entrants total.

t1483553331z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, I ain't got a damn clue about the ending(s) in GTA5. Big bad came out of no where for me. Apparently I didn't follow the subtext of some of the story or something.

Gameplay was alright, especially in first person. I hope they give me a full first-person perspective in GTA6 including the cut-scenes. Going out of body for me took me out of my The Elder Thefts 5: SanRim adventure. :(

Flying was a total bitch. That stupid ass "attach your helicopter to the sub!" mission gave me fits in first person, so I had to third person that

hop right into ys 2, you got this.

I'm on it as we speak. I got this.

Man, this music. It's like it's gripping my soul and turning me into a badass. When it plays I seriously feel like it's fueling me. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh, and thank goodness for larger areas. The way you moved between areas so quickly in the first one got jarring after a while.

Well, I ain't got a damn clue about the ending(s) in GTA5. Big bad came out of no where for me. Apparently I didn't follow the subtext of some of the story or something.

Gameplay was alright, especially in first person. I hope they give me a full first-person perspective in GTA6 including the cut-scenes. Going out of body for me took me out of my The Elder Thefts 5: SanRim adventure. :(

Flying was a total bitch. That stupid ass "attach your helicopter to the sub!" mission gave me fits in first person, so I had to third person that

I played GTAV when it came out on PS3 and I have absolutely no memory of the story at all!

Owe some money, rob some banks?

Nabs

Man, this music. It's like it's gripping my soul and turning me into a badass. When it plays I seriously feel like it's fueling me. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: Oh, and thank goodness for larger areas. The way you moved between areas so quickly in the first one got jarring after a while.

👍🏾

FP GTA V is the best. I am still early in the game (in game says 25%), but I'm having a pretty good time.

Tizoc

Man if you're finding Ys 2 music's hype wait'll you play Ys 3 (Oath).

Pachimari

I can imagine Activision removing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions soon as well? That's one game I would like to have, although I'm hanging in there for a sale during the next Steam sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can imagine Activision removing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions soon as well? That's one game I would like to have, although I'm hanging in there for a sale during the next Steam sales.

I wouldn't be surprised if Acti forgot to remove it as the game was actually uploaded to Steam a few years ago but sat ignored until mid-2015 (the app was tweaked a handful of times before being released).

Test your luck mate ;)

Oh btw how do you guys have your categories set up? This is mine atm
Late for party, but here is mine:
F43B0A7935A58E6E8236427075F4364A042BA05F

Release date is important thing for me, i'm currently replaying 2007 titles, already played through most of 2005-2006 that i got in my library.

Tizoc

Where will the Ghostlight Q&A take place?

Activision cleaning house on Steam for the new year.

Courtesy of lashman's Twitter:

Wish someone could get the TMNT license and somehow get the 90s Konami games released as compilations :/

Late for party, but here is mine:
F43B0A7935A58E6E8236427075F4364A042BA05F

Release date is important thing for me, i'm currently replaying 2007 titles, already played through most of 2005-2006 that i got in my library.

That's an interesting listing heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom