• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead Rising 3 confirmed to have Steam Trading Cards!

7qvtZ97.gif

MRORANGE

In five or ten pages, this post will be forgotten and it's all going to happen again. It's inevitable.

It could become a thread rule but I doubt anyone would enforce it.

I understand you want to keep things separated, man, but sometimes it makes more sense to keep things in the same thread. When people are getting on well and decide they want to exchange ID's with other folks in the thread, telling them (nicely) to take it someplace else feels like a bit of a buzzkill. (Though that may just be me. Just sayin'. *shrug*)

Granted we have new members but they should know where the SteamGAF ID list is, considering it has 300+ users it would be a good idea to post in that thread instead of getting lost here.

I'll add the links to the other stream threads back in the OP as they were actually useful.

Overall in the long run it would be great if we could cut out the: new thread smell/add me on steam/this thread is fast comments every time a thread is created.

That 1.50 serious sam deal is totally worth it.
Everyone should get it so we can play 42 player co-op!
Never bought an early acces game before. So, when the game is actually finished I get the full finished game for free?And this contains SS1+2?
Seems like a very good deal for 1,50. Bought.

bakeray

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-8CEDC4B4ABE6E47F

t1404355415z1.png

I finished the first scene with George in Broken Sword 5, and I have to say, as fan of the series, you should be careful what you wish for. I'm gonna keep playing of course but my first impression is that this is simply a product created by demand. Nothing so far points to this actually being anything but a product of work rather then a labor of love.

The first scene of the game might of course not represent the rest of the game, but in that first scene, there's a bunch of paintings hanging on the walls, and there's about 10 hotspots or so attached to these paintings. The description he (George, the MC) gives each painting is just the saddest and most uninspired written text in a game I have ever heard. I mean, text like that, whoever wrote it must be a very miserable person and the scary thing is every other written line I've heard so far is written in the same unimaginative manner. Cheer up, will you ;(

I really hope it gets better though. It feels kind of silly saying all of this after 20 minutes, but hey, what are forums for.

Salsa

bought that SFIV Ultra upgrade

now im kinda bummed I did cause now i HAVE to mod my stick cause god damn those diagonals register like 50 percent of the time at this point

not only that, but FADC isnt realiable at all

guess I bought it to get off my ass on that :p

Greg is pretty good asking good questions...but yknow twitch chat can get kinda crazy : /
Oh yeah I get that. I just meant the quality of the questions people are asking :p

Edit: Salsa, I'm really close to buying the Ultra upgrade too, but I wanted to get one more case to sell first...

bakeray

now im kinda bummed I did cause now i HAVE to mod my stick cause god damn those diagonals register like 50 percent of the time at this point

that's the exact reason why I haven't bought it, lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Done with my job interview. Obviously I can't divulge specifics, but it's a bit of the same-ol-story I've played out about a dozen times now.

• Cool company
  • Employees I would be working with on a regular basis are familiar with my work and think I should be working there
  • Talk with HR, they are not familiar with my work
  • Talk with interviewer, who is not familiar with my work
  • Probably won't get a call back

Biochet

which stick are you using?

If you're using madcatz change the mode to LS or change the usb port.

Done with my job interview. Obviously I can't divulge specifics, but it's a bit of the same-ol-story I've played out about a dozen times now.

• Cool company
  • Employees I would be working with on a regular basis are familiar with my work and think I should be working there

Here is hoping that it still pans out for you.

Pachimari

I'm really thinking of getting Luftrausers, Gods Will Be Watching and Always Sometimes Monsters, but thinking their sale isn't big enough.

Anyway, if anyone knows of someone who sells keys for cheap, I would gladly know - because I gotta save up 60-100 keys.

AngerdX

• Cool company

That always suck but alot of times the ones doing the hiring can be so clueless.

Still Good Luck and hope you do get a callback anyway.

Turfster

Man, that sucks.

Ventara

Lol it's ok. It's pretty funny looking back on it, didn't even want that job anyways :p

Good to hear. It was a dead-end job anyways. Trust me; I'm psychic.

I don't know why I find this so funny. I can just visualize a Panda in an office workplace, with coworkers occasionally stopping by to hug it and give it bamboo, and the boss calling it to his office at the end of the day to scold it for not doing any work.

Pachimari

Blah. Bought that Mountain game at the Humble Store, only to realize, that it is not a Steam key but a DRM free game.

And this is so weird, my profile says I own 575 games but I checked less than 30 minutes ago, that I had 576 games. I haven't removed one, and there's no free game trial expiring on Steam.

Biochet

• Cool company

gotta believe man, next week you'll be at your new desk at that cool company

• Cool company
Sorry.
But I think we all know what to do. You start your own company called Enhanced Systems and willing underlings will follow you >:)

Card Boy

Banned

• Cool company

You to stop being hard on yourself i have had job interviews where i had thought i wouldn't get the job and ended up getting it.

zkylon

zkylewd

• Cool company
sorry to hear that dood

job interviews are shit like that

sometimes it takes months or years before the idiots doing the hiring realize what they turned down and call you, it's happened to friends of mine

Strider

Slightly LTTP... but I believe it's time to start up Marlow Briggs. I need some action after playing through Valiant Hearts.

Terra_Ex

In life, these are the people that should be making the hiring decisions.
and these are the people who sadly are making the decisions.

Regardless, I hope it pans out for you, you should have a job there based on your work on ES.

Sofa King

Blah. Bought that Mountain game at the Humble Store, only to realize, that it is not a Steam key but a DRM free game.

And this is so weird, my profile says I own 575 games but I checked less than 30 minutes ago, that I had 576 games. I haven't removed one, and there's no free game trial expiring on Steam.

The bad rats got hungry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom