• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks Shade for Tobe's
2rpd93l.gif

bakeray

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-8CEDC4B4ABE6E47F - Taken by Toshin. 13 entrants total.

t1404355415z1.png
reminder

Mono

Hello SteamGAF!!

And hurry, I won BinaryPork2737's giveaway! Thank you so much for Aztaka; I've been tempted to pick that up every time it's been on sale for a while now!

Mono

Thanks Shade for the Blackwell Bundle. I have heard really good things and will be playing it soon!

The Blackwell series is excellent! I loved it, even though I'm not a huge fan of point and clicks and am super picky about them. The story is nice and the gameplay is fun!

MUnited83

For you.
I'm really thinking of getting Luftrausers, Gods Will Be Watching and Always Sometimes Monsters, but thinking their sale isn't big enough.

Anyway, if anyone knows of someone who sells keys for cheap, I would gladly know - because I gotta save up 60-100 keys.

Do you need them now? Grey market keys actually go up on price when sales happen and it makes shortage of them happen, so most people are selling them @1.9$. You can wait a month or so for the key flow to get bigger and hopefully getting them for 1.8$ or 1.75$ if you're lucky.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for your kind words and positive thoughts. Even though I don't think it went as well as it could have, like many have pointed out, sometimes that's just the way things go. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

Was this Valve? I thought they had a different process? Didn't they forgo the whole "here is HR that doesn't know what it's talking about but is supposed to judge you based on a wide range of irrelevant criterias". I mean, you have the perfect background. You have built a pretty awesome product on your own and have been maintaining it for all that time. The Steam client is a decrepit mess that is in dire need of a complete overhaul. It needs to be faster, lighter while supporting more features and customization.

This is just baffling and a serious waste of your talent and initiative. I mean, if Valve had shown a morsel of willingness to actually improve the client, I guess their stance could make a tiny bit amount of sense. But since they seem dead-set on doing nothing with the client...

Nope, that is one thing I can share: this wasn't for Valve. I've applied there a ton of times (to the point that they're probably sick of seeing my name) but haven't even got as far as getting a single call or interview.

bacon-bits

Neo Member
I've had this sitting in my inventory for a long time. Trouble is.. I don't know if it's the actual game or a guest pass. Only one way to find out I guess!

Completely thought that said Nuclear Throne when I applied for the contest. Lol. Thank you. I will give this game a try.

Mono

Welp, I have the Counter Strike itch yet again.

I've never played CounterStrike but I'm too intimidated to start playing! It looks fun, though! It's always hard to join in on an older FPS, especially for me because I'm absolutely terrible at them and am not very competitive.

Hugstable

Banned
Ugh these 2 heavy archers in Anor Londo of Dark Souls have to be the most annoying thing ever. About my 5th try now trying to get past this part

squidyj

It occurs to me that I don't have as many gaffers on my steam friends list as I should, if you want to add me it's the same as my gaf name.

I'd appreciate if you let me know your gaf name so that I can write in an appropriate nickname.

UncleBiz

It occurs to me that I don't have as many gaffers on my steam friends list as I should, if you want to add me it's the same as my gaf name.

I'd appreciate if you let me know your gaf name so that I can write in an appropriate nickname.

Added you! Same name on steam as here

Garcia

Dude, I'm already developing that 7th sense that allows you to ignore everything of the opposite color in Ikaruga. It really feels like there are 2 separate sectors of the brain doing their own job simultaneously, wtf.

One thing I wish the game had: A menu option to instantly restart any given level; that would increase the learning speed by a long margin.

LOVING the game. <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nope, that is one thing I can share: this wasn't for Valve. I've applied there a ton of times (to the point that they're probably sick of seeing my name) but haven't even got as far as getting a single call or interview.

JShack did a heel turn and applied to EA to work on Origin confirmed

rollinsturns.gif

Mono

TNw61lr.png

Omg, thank you so much, Shadow!!!

I am super addicted to Squeenix RPG's and have been eyeing this one for a while. Now, to make some disk space for it. Thank you!!

Argh. Sunless Sea opened up fine this morning, but now I can't even get past the first letter of the developer splash page before it hangs and freezes up (on a Haswell MBA).

Kind of a bummer because what I played of it this morning was *fascinating*

dani_dc

Dude, I'm already developing that 7th sense that allows you to ignore everything of the opposite color in Ikaruga. It really feels like there are 2 separate sectors of the brain doing their own job simultaneously, wtf.

One thing I wish the game had: A menu option to instantly restart any given level; that would increase the learning speed by a long margin.

LOVING the game. <3
Isn't there a mode to play a single chapter? I recall that was the case on the Gamecube version at least, you could even play them at slower speeds

Ugh these 2 heavy archers in Anor Londo of Dark Souls have to be the most annoying thing ever. About my 5th try now trying to get past this part

Roll through the arrows, keep your shield up, kick them and make sure your back is not to the fall because the character will always get pushed to the direction of his/her back.

Grief.exe

Here are some of my favorite games, I always make sure to pick up some extras around the summer sale to make sure others get to enjoy these as well in case they were on the fence.

The Dirty Bomb keys are for Splash Damage's new F2P FPS game. I have been in the alpha for a little while now and the game is quite solid. It's a good mix of Enemy Territory with a variety of different classes, and does not require ADS. You will need to go through their client for this one, get started here http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/Instruction

Dead Island Epidemic is just an extra I had laying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dirty Bomb #4 -- MB-A0EDB0BF783E670C - Taken by legacyzero. 1 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb #1 -- MB-BDA461C400CFEA0C - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
Dirty Bomb #2 -- MB-4A40D9559CE26BBC - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Dirty Bomb #3 -- MB-030233CC47DC3A99 - Taken by jediyoshi
Steamworld Dig -- MB-B4A3B82827CC6345 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
Papers Please -- MB-32037B209C818840 - Taken by hitmon. 11 entrants total.
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-AB56047054746D24
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-41C3BBA8B3B2A86B - Taken by Cyberquake. 6 entrants total.

t1404353425z1.png

Garcia

Isn't there a mode to play a single chapter? I recall that was the case on the Gamecube version at least, you could even play them at slower speeds

Yep, there is. What I meant is an option to instantly restart the level without any sort of waiting time involved. Right now there is a 10 second waste between each consecutive replay.

It is a minor annoyance, I know, especially coming from Touhou's accessible practice mode.

Here are some of my favorite games, I always make sure to pick up some extras around the summer sale to make sure others get to enjoy these as well in case they were on the fence.

The Dirty Bomb keys are for Splash Damage's new F2P FPS game. I have been in the alpha for a little while now and the game is quite solid. It's a good mix of Enemy Territory with a variety of different classes, and does not require ADS. You will need to go through their client for this one, get started here http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/Instruction

I keep forgetting to play Papers Please. I should get into that...

Hanzou

Wow great giveaway! Reminds me I need to do a giveaway for gta4.

Nice giveaway grief. I picked up papers please and brothers during the sale but haven't had a chance to play yet

yGray

Banned
What are some classic games you guys wish would come to Steam with achievements and badges?

Off the top of my head, I wish Symphony of the Night and Breath of Fire IV were on here.

Mono

What are some classic games you guys wish would come to Steam with achievements and badges?

Off the top of my head, I wish Symphony of the Night and Breath of Fire IV were on here.

Morrowind, definitely!!

Also FTL. Achieving something is FTL is a pretty big deal. That game is really hard; they should put the in-game achievements on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom