• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Thanks to Halo 2 I got this.
But heads up, after you add it to your library you get Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter & Second Encounter added for free!
Those two are worth 30 bucks alone.
1,50 is a steal.

Well, it contains the content from them anyway, but it's good if you want that extra +2 :p

Is this worth it if you already have the HD First and Second Encounters?

There's some new features like 42 player co-op and Steam Workshop. It doesn't look as good as the HD ones, though.

Pachimari

That's it. Sold my Vita. I don't need my indie games on a portable and will strictly keep them on my PC, and sometimes play with the family on the big screen.

I'm going PC, PS4, Wii U and 3DS I think. Nice combination for the next several years.

Oh well, Steam have never taken away games from players library right?

Strider

Ok so I went to start up Marlow Briggs and it wouldn't launch. I then re-installed the game to see ifthat would work and it still wouldn't launch. A quick google search and a suggestion I found was to go to properties and verify integrity of game cache. After doing that the game still won't launch.

Any suggestions?

Dambrosi

Banned
It's $10 on it's own regularly so I'd say so.
That's not what I'm asking. After all, aren't the HD Encounters supposed to be conversions of the two Classic games to proper 3D hardware? Is there anything new or interesting in Revolution that warrants getting it if you already own the Encounters?

...I'm sorry, did you say 42-player co-op?! *puts in cart*

I really wanna believe they only added the Ultra for it to be STFU

I have the email flagged from waaaaay back at the beginning of the game where we decided that making an enhanced 'Ultra' version would be pretty darn funny due to the STFU shortening.

TL;DR we kind of added the Ultra so it would be STFU.

Halo 2

Banned
I have the email flagged from waaaaay back at the beginning of the game where we decided that making an enhanced 'Ultra' version would be pretty darn funny due to the STFU shortening.

I fully support this decision.

iosefe

hey you.

i like your style.

Caerith

Done with my job interview. Obviously I can't divulge specifics, but it's a bit of the same-ol-story I've played out about a dozen times now.

• Cool company
  • Employees I would be working with on a regular basis are familiar with my work and think I should be working there
  • Talk with HR, they are not familiar with my work
  • Talk with interviewer, who is not familiar with my work
  • Probably won't get a call back

I hope you're wrong on that last count. Did they ask if you wanted to be a panda?

Lyn

Banned
Unless the game or the key is bought with stolen credit card, then no.

Not entirely true. Order of War: Challenge I believe was removed from user libraries, because Square Enix stopped supporting the product and it was deemed non-functional because of DRM. Steam thus removed it from the store, and actual client libraries. I feel there was another game similar to this, but I can't remember it off hand. So Steam does have a history of removing products for other reasons, albeit, a very small history thus far.

Not entirely true. Order of War: Challenge I believe was removed from user libraries, because Square Enix stopped supporting the product and it was deemed non-functional because of DRM. Steam thus removed it from the store, and actual client libraries. I feel there was another game similar to this, but I can't remember it off hand. So Steam does have a history of removing products for other reasons, albeit, a very small history thus far.
Interesting.

That's because there's too many new people here.

I don't like change.

*grumble*
Can't avatar quote.
but then multiquote doesn't work.
Refresh the page would do the trick.

Done with my job interview. Obviously I can't divulge specifics, but it's a bit of the same-ol-story I've played out about a dozen times now.

• Cool company
  • Employees I would be working with on a regular basis are familiar with my work and think I should be working there

Hey you never know. My current job I was sure I totally botched the interview. I completely gave up on it. Few weeks later I ended up getting the position. It can be nerve wracking playing the waiting game, but I'm hoping for you. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!.

FloatOn

this final boss fight in DmC is annoying as hell.

whoever decided to have a boss with mere seconds you are allowed to hit him is a bag of tools. It's false difficulty to the max.

Trejik

Thread isn't going anywhere, right? Why consuming page after page?

And, just wondering, any Divinity: OS impressions from you guys?

Halo 2

Banned
this final boss fight in DmC is annoying as hell.

whoever decided to have a boss with mere seconds you are allowed to hit him is a bag of tools. It's false difficulty to the max.

You can always count on a DMC game to kick your ass.
Or at least I can, I suck at 'em.
But it feels good when ya' finally smack that boss down.
tumblr_mgfklhJtyG1s2bk7do1_500.gif

FloatOn

You can use a hook to grab onto his fists, and fly up to him.

yeah I got that, but the window of opportunity is pretty small. I get him down to his last chunk of health and shit just gets stupid with his doppelganger.

I'll get this after a time or two more.

yeah I got that, but the window of opportunity is pretty small. I get him down to his last chunk of health and shit just gets stupid with his doppelganger.

I'll get this after a time or two more.
Oh you were talking about
Vergil
, try spamming "forward two times and normal attack" with Rebellion, if you have that move unlocked, and jump whenever they attack.

Levyne

Banned
The final fight in DmC I got stuck on for a while because I couldn't figure out what to do once he was stunned. Durr

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

• Cool company
Sometimes Valve baffles me. This is one of those times.

• Cool company
Someone in the company needs to advocate for you. Is there any way you can try to make that happen? Do you have any friends in the company?

Hugstable

Banned
It's Vergil, and it isn't even difficult.

Sounds like pizza

Speaking of DMC, getting 4 for $5 during the summer sale was boss. I haven't played DMC4 since it came out on PS3. These games weren't that hard though, at least on the normal difficulty.

I didn't give anything during the sales so here we go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sgt.Pepper:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sgt.Pepper, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Knights of Pen & Paper: Plus1 Edition -- MB-F2876C02F3A1E152 - Taken by Ezalc. 7 entrants total.

t1404359667z1.png

wink.gif

Shade

Bundle extras. Should be unused. Good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

blackwell bundle -- MB-DCCAC25F3B3B89EA - Taken by KevMan1815. 3 entrants total.
tobes vertical adventure -- MB-1DDE3E957846DE45 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 1 entrants total.
spellforce platinum -- MB-8B6D06575374DC21 - Taken by Newblade. 1 entrants total.
gemini rue -- MB-3D06B3B2E957A6C8 - Taken by Bacardi151. 1 entrants total.
blackwell deception -- MB-24BE3A0F75875658 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.

t1404349466z1.png

DTKT

• Cool company

Was this Valve? I thought they had a different process? Didn't they forgo the whole "here is HR that doesn't know what it's talking about but is supposed to judge you based on a wide range of irrelevant criterias". I mean, you have the perfect background. You have built a pretty awesome product on your own and have been maintaining it for all that time. The Steam client is a decrepit mess that is in dire need of a complete overhaul. It needs to be faster, lighter while supporting more features and customization.

This is just baffling and a serious waste of your talent and initiative. I mean, if Valve had shown a morsel of willingness to actually improve the client, I guess their stance could make a tiny bit amount of sense. But since they seem dead-set on doing nothing with the client...

Newblade

Was this Valve? I thought they had a different process? I mean, you have the perfect background. You have built a pretty awesome product on your own and have been maintaining it for all that time. The Steam client is a decrepit mess that is in dire need of a complete overhaul. It needs to be faster, lighter while supporting more features and customization.

This is just baffling and a serious waste of your talent and initiative. I mean, if Valve had shown a morsel of willingness to actually improve the client, I guess their stance could make a tiny bit amount of sense. But since they seem dead-set on doing nothing with the client...

Does Valve even have a HR department?

Anyway, if anyone knows of someone who sells keys for cheap, I would gladly know - because I gotta save up 60-100 keys.

that's a fuck ton of keys. Are you trying to buy the Russian store?

Yup. I'll be buying the game strictly because of this.

Kanokare

My assignment on CSGO is to win Rush. My team sucks :/

By that I mean they don't communicate. I don't mind if they lack aiming skill as long as there's some communicating XD

Anybody need Burnout?
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-B8865772F12FC11C - Taken by Ventara. 3 entrants total.

t1404350874z1.png

I've had this sitting in my inventory for a long time. Trouble is.. I don't know if it's the actual game or a guest pass. Only one way to find out I guess!

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

st...er_292x136.jpg

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-9420360AA1F2A56C - Taken by bacon-bits. 1 entrants total.

t1404350950z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom