• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

Dat new thread smell

tumblr_lgkgvdBM7c1qek863o1_400.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Repostin' for those who have not yet spun tires

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spintires -- MB-02C1EAE6B2BACFA7 - Taken by Junko. 48 entrants total.

t1404189634z1.png

Myshkin

I'm playing through the tutorial in half-life for the first time and suddenly "Ace of Base - All That She Wants" starts playing during the underwater section. A google search brings up nothing. At first I thought my iTunes started playing randomly, but the music stops when I pause, and restarts when I unpause, and I checked and my iTunes isn't open, and I haven't listened to Ace of Base in weeks. Tutorial vids on youtube do not show anyone else running into Ace of Base during the underwater part of the tutorial. Is this normal? Did I stumble upon a weird easter egg?

Maybe it's just like one of those things. Like when I pull out a DVD half way through a movie, and I stick in a DVD that I've never played before, and the player resumes half way through the new movie.

Backlogger

I'm playing through the tutorial in half-life for the first time and suddenly "Ace of Base - All That She Wants" starts playing during the underwater section. A google search brings up nothing. At first I thought my iTunes started playing randomly, but the music stops when I pause, and restarts when I unpause, and I checked and my iTunes isn't open, and I haven't listened to Ace of Base in weeks. Tutorial vids on youtube do not show anyone else running into Ace of Base during the underwater part of the tutorial. Is this normal? Did I stumble upon a weird easter egg?

Steam Music Streaming beta glitch?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
It happens in the under water section. I stayed under water too long to see what would happen. Actually I think I might have come up for air, then went back down until my life started draining or something. I hope someone else has run into this and I'm not hallucinating.

So I played Divinity Original sin for 1:50:00 and I can say..pretty good experience.

I realized how little I know the terms and I worry about wasting points upon level up heh.
I'm enjoying it as well, it's nothing like the games I've played before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It shows a lot of keytrades ;)

But unless you were switching IPs specifically to activate the games, then Valve isn't likely to care.

They should look away, some region locks are just straight up bullshit! Without VPN, there is way I could buy MGR in Taiwan.

AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries has no bearing on gift copies of games. If someone from, say, the US gifted you the game, you'd be able to activate it just fine.

Chocobro

I spent an hour or two on FF7. Came back, 10 extra pages.

It will probably calm down after a few days when the post-summer sale fever eases up.

The regular Steam threads have always moved fast but never this fast. More than on other ocassions a big bunch of people have stayed from the Steam Sale thread. Hope it stays that way, always cool to have more people here. :)

It's definitely sped up as of late. Don't be surprised to walk away for a few hours and see 20 new pages to read through.

The thread is new so it have some extra steam going partially because of the last sale, it should slowdown a bit soon.

Ah that makes sense, it'll be interesting to see how it compares a week later.

Yesterday I accepted a bunch of friend requests and now I'm left wondering which GAFer is which person on my friend list haha (for a few).

Unicorn

What's that one game like Windjammers? Is it on Steam.

Giantbomb are the sole hype train conductors for Windjammers
KuGsj.gif

AlexBasch

Sold a shitload of cards by ranges between $0.03 and $0.15 and got enough to buy The Witcher 2 in a last minute purchase.

I loved how those just flew as soon as they were posted.

Shade

A few bundle extras. Should all be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-90D4FDF9F01CBC44 - Taken by bluechox2. 4 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-65581170D21ED203 - Taken by squidyj. 3 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-CEF75AB552D6B145 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 9 entrants total.
Dead Space Steam Key -- MB-64849C74B72C0E76 - Taken by famfrit. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-54F9B4E703A70A7A - Taken by Mobius and pet octopus. 7 entrants total.

t1404187903z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jesus Nito... its like you are trying to make me hate you with those avatars :/

Ibuki

Banned
Trying to get Dark Souls II now on steam for cheap is hell! Should have got it during the sale. Every key trader is asking minimum of 18 keys, its ridiculous! The game was just on sale this morning for 33.49 and they want like 40-45. I'm a baby I know, but my Steam Wallet card just got here today. First world problems. :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
OMG, I have an Ace of Base cd in my disc drive. There's probably still some code in there for accessing data from the cd the game originally came on. LOLOLOL cool bug.

Ozium

It's a flawed rule because it's possible to give away things without using ModBot? Well I'll look into coding a psychic rule that reads your heart of hearts and determines your level of personal generosity without having to rely on the imperfect information it has about giveaways that went through the system :p

ModBot is SkyNet CONFIRMED.

I don't know how it will end, folks, but this is how it starts...

It's a flawed rule because it's possible to give away things without using ModBot? Well I'll look into coding a psychic rule that reads your heart of hearts and determines your level of personal generosity without having to rely on the imperfect information it has about giveaways that went through the system :p
Sweet, looking forward to it. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Trying to get Dark Souls II now on steam for cheap is hell! Should have got it during the sale. Every key trader is asking minimum of 18 keys, its ridiculous! The game was just on sale this morning for 33.49 and they want like 40-45. I'm a baby I know, but my Steam Wallet card just got here today. First world problems. :p

you cant get that price on steam now, why did you assume you could get the price from russians. They basically charge what it costs to them at the time of your purchase (plus whatever premium they choose), even if it cost them less when they bought it

Hugstable

Banned

Shoulda got it for the 33! I gave in like halfway through the sale, after awhile the hope it would go on sale diminished. I'm sure it'll be showing up again on sale on too long from now though, especially with the first DLC coming out next month I believe. I'm hoping they drop to season pass to 20$ or something, right now at 25$ and only saving 5$ I'd rather just buy them individual.

Ibuki

Banned
you cant get that price on steam now, why did you assume you could get the price from russians. They basically charge what it costs to them at the time of your purchase (plus whatever premium they choose), even if it cost them less when they bought it

I didn't, I'm just whining about having to pay full price. I have no reason to complain about their pricing to be honest I just felt like 18 keys is steep.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Repostin' for those who have not yet spun tires

That seems like such a great game. I'll have to pick it up later as I have a few games I am already playing or need to play. I hope who ever enters does it because they want to play it instead of a +1. Thanks for being so generous.

Ibuki

Banned
Just wait a day or two and get it from GMG for 20% off? Its no rusian cheap but its something

If you were directing that towards me, I think the russian versions are region locked for DSII so I don't even know why I expected it to be cheaper. I already have some steam wallet left, I'd have to pay about 18 bucks out of pocket to get it in trade, I'll probably just do that.

Ventara

I agree soley because I'm trying to learn who everyone is just by their avatars and he keeps changing it too much. stick with 1 brah! D:

Does that mean you'll never know who I am? Will I always be a stranger to you?

crying-cat.gif

Edit: Not even gonna acknowledge me? Ice cold. I really am nobody! *runs away crying*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom