• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say that I never actually hung out in a Steam thread before the last sale thread, but I think I'll stick around.

SteamGAF seems like a pretty awesome place to be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just did the in home streaming for the first time.
Worked perfectly so cool!
image.php

Super House of the Dead Ninjas is incredible. GAF hype did not let me down this time!

I'd post more detailed impressions, but no one reads them. Instead, I'll just say, buy this fucking game! It's downright amazing!!!

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

Edit:

No no, I read your thoughts on 8 Bit Commando and took quite a bit from it.

I would also like to hear your thoughts on Super House of Dead Ninjas
Actually I just want more people to hear how good it is, without me being the one to say it's a great game yet again in a long post
It's just fantastic.

Visually, it's gorgeous. It oozes so much style and nails that retro look perfectly.

Gameplay-wise, it feels so fucking good. The controls just melt like butter.

In a nutshell, it's a a fast-paced action platformer where you go down a randomized tower and slash the shit out of everything. You're always winning new weapons, outfits, magic, etc.

It's just great. So damn great.

Halo 2

Banned
Oh man, I stream all the time. My newest stream game is Rogue Legacy, which is way, way better on a large screen on a comfortable couch.

Glad I'm not the only one loving the streaming feature.

Forreal! Couch life
It's great being able to switch from Mario Kart 8 to Steam land without moving. :D

Ventara

Dead Space Steam Key -- MB-64849C74B72C0E76 - Taken by famfrit. 2 entrants total.

Damn you, famfrit! *shakes fist*

why DONT you have a avatar?

I didn't want people's first impression of me to bad or anything based off my avatar, and so I ended up deciding not to use an avatar.

And besides, I couldn't choose simply one amongst all my waifus.

Turfster

"Let's see how well Wolfenstein TNO runs on older AMD drivers."
*game picks the wrong screen and the intro chugs*
"Well, that's not good."

I agree soley because I'm trying to learn who everyone is just by their avatars and he keeps changing it too much. stick with 1 brah! D:
I used to change mine weekly. I have over 350 avatars in a single folder, lol. I've lost a few when my computer crashed in November, I didn't save them in time. :( I really loved one of them...

"Let's see how well Wolfenstein TNO runs on older AMD drivers."
*game picks the wrong screen and the intro chugs*
"Well, that's not good."

I had to turn off my second monitor every time I played it, that was the only problem I had though, I was using CCC 14.4 and 14.6 drivers too.

Scythian

Playing Dishonored, kinda bummed to play it when the levels aren't at night, the High Overseer mission felt great moving in the shadows. It's just too bright afterwards.

I used to change mine weekly. I have over 350 avatars in a single folder, lol. I've lost a few when my computer crashed in November, I didn't save them in time. :( I really loved one of them...

I always have a hard time finding good avatar-worthy art, so I change it rarely ._.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Only got to play about 30 minutes of Divinity: Original Sin but so far I'm loving it. The turn based combat is nicer than I thought it would be, it's much more free-form than the typical "combat grid" that most turn-based games seem to still be stuck on.

It's also inventive in that there are so many possibilities. One character can douse the enemies with oil while the other lights them on fire. This sort of non-linear storytelling plays perfectly for people that are familiar with the classic Divine Divinity games - especially because the same trade/barter system, skill system, and inventory system survives almost completely intact.

My initial impressions are very good. I can't wait to continue exploring the world inside the game and finding new treasure and new ways of creatively overpowering the enemies.

I don't think I knew you then, or saw you often enough. I won't forget your current one though. :3
Although another guy has the same one I do right now. Just remember, BananaAeon: white background. Me: transparent background.
Yeah, I posted mostly in 3DS threads when I joined and didn't really come into SteamGAF at that point, so I would honestly be surprised if anyone in here did remember it.
Source since I don't have the resized one:
I might go back to it at some point. It let me do some fun seasonal things with it.

Turfster

I had to turn off my second monitor every time I played it, that was the only problem I had though, I was using CCC 14.4 and 14.6 drivers too.
Yeah, in-game is no problem so far, except for the classic idTech5 "whoop, lemme dump a shitload of texture info in one go" at the start of a scene.
This thing is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom