• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I dont think that will happen. The 360-controller is still the standard controller for like all PC-Games nowadays.

dang :/ I hope the controller isn't the reason for not going ahead with this.
I mean the guide button can be tweaked to do something like this right?

squidyj

I don't know what to play..... fucking steam sale. Arkham Origin, Thomas was Alone, Dead Space 3, Gemini Rue, Shadowrun Returns, Chivalry, The Swapper, GAH.

Mokoi

Banned
Nooooooo! I've lost way too many people to this already =p

♫ I can only imagine!

Nice looks like something i need to grab.

Too late.

Yeah it's a nice rhythm game to play on your tablet/phone on the go. It's F2P, and you only would drop cash if you really want to support your Klab overlords for a chance at ultra rare cards.

Edit: It's totatly Pay to win come event time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've given away 10+ XBL codes through PMs today. It's a flawed rule. Just saying.

It's a flawed rule because it's possible to give away things without using ModBot? Well I'll look into coding a psychic rule that reads your heart of hearts and determines your level of personal generosity without having to rely on the imperfect information it has about giveaways that went through the system :p

I wonder if ModBot could determine game prices.

ModBot can, yes, but it's very imperfect since it a) relies on the title matching, which is spotty at best, and b) could only pull the current price on Steam, not what it cost you, so almost all bundle junk would flag as $10 games. The preliminary price code is used for the HOT icon.

denx

I don't know what to play..... fucking steam sale. Arkham Origin, Thomas was Alone, Dead Space 3, Gemini Rue, Shadowrun Returns, Chivalry, The Swapper, GAH.

Jump in Chivalry, play some matches, have fun, press C for awesome.

Jawmuncher

I thought thomas was alone was enjoyable and funny.
Its not to long either, good game when you're looking for relaxing puzzle fare.

legacyzero

Banned
But it's not on sale. :(

Some games I feel bad for buying on sale. Some just deserve the full price purchase.

I get a lot of Perfect Dark vibes mixed some Minority Report. The combat is a bit like the Batman Arkham series, and not to mention, the game is fucking GORGEOUS.
isYvBDjvNt7Um.png

ibf6uE9UWfsz4h.png

http://i.minus.com/iEZxWSoJL9QmA.png
http://i.minus.com/i6UhdwHpJy3jC.png
http://i.minus.com/iZgok2eW3oUcM.png
http://i.minus.com/iPX5k94AjnoUH.png
http://i.minus.com/iZbJtuLm8dbLd.png

Oh, and the FUCKING SOUNDTRACK IS GOD-TIER

Turfster

Jawmuncher

It's f2p on android and ios. You can get by playing completely free (like I have) or join the many whales in that thread (that includes you Mokoi).

♫ I can only imagine!

Yeah it's a nice rhythm game to play on your tablet/phone on the go. It's F2P, and you only would drop cash if you really want to support your Klab overlords for a chance at ultra rare cards.

Have it downloaded. will play it tomorrow during my free time.
looks like the F2P stuff is unobtrusive like you both said, which is right up my alley.

It's all I have damnit

just giving you a hard time man lol.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

The Swapper is a very memorable experience. Even after you've beaten it and gotten to some of other games on that list, your mind will keep going back to it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The rule basically worked but totally tanked the system. Multiple people might "get the win"; if so, sorry about that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder if ModBot could determine game prices.

I think it was reported earlier that he doesnt. He only counts the amount of games people give. Might be hard for ModBot to keep up and constantly update with the current prices of games and specials. There are tons of sites with different deals on games so going just by steam price would still have loopholes. I might have a few ideas but no since Im not experience with coding I rather not recommend stuff that might be dumb or complicated to implement.

Oh I see ModBot did. My bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i like this new rule Stump

better than just "givers" since that could just be someone who gave 1 random desura code 5 years ago, and a lot more forgiving than mega givers, which im less inclined to use these days with people like Mokoi, Speevy and NBNT not using modbot for whatever ungodly reason

I shall enforce this new rule... soon

futuramafry.jpg

The rule basically worked but totally tanked the system. Multiple people might "get the win"; if so, sorry about that.

or not lol

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I started playing through the games I purchased during the sale and I have to say that both Arcadecraft and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae are both terrible.

Myshkin

It's a flawed rule because it's possible to give away things without using ModBot? Well I'll look into coding a psychic rule that reads your heart of hearts and determines your level of personal generosity without having to rely on the imperfect information it has about giveaways that went through the system :p

I too feel put upon that ModBot does not take into account games I give away not through ModBot.

Likewise, I'm a bit put upon by GOG when they make me an offer to complete a bundle, and they don't take into account that I have some of those games on Steam.

Unicorn

Thanks Bronetta for Cave Story Plus! I've never played Cave Story, so that's exciting!

Also, Played about an hour of New Vegas and it's CTD twice. Also the sky has some glitch with a ground texture appearing as the skybox when I look up. Typical
KuGsj.gif

I just checked my humble stuff and I have some leftovers, but they're pretty bad... I want to feel bad about giving them away, but people give Bad Rats away, so I dunno. lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Using VPN to redeem games and buy games from another region are two different things.

In most cases I'd argue that using a VPN to activate a region-locked gift also falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing, which is why I advise against it. Better safe than sorry and all that. Valve looks the other way with keys and game unlocks because neither affect its bottom line.

Some games I feel bad for buying on sale. Some just deserve the full price purchase.

I get a lot of Perfect Dark vibes mixed some Minority Report. The combat is a bit like the Batman Arkham series, and not to mention, the game is fucking GORGEOUS.

http://i.minus.com/iEZxWSoJL9QmA.png
http://i.minus.com/i6UhdwHpJy3jC.png
http://i.minus.com/iZgok2eW3oUcM.png
http://i.minus.com/iPX5k94AjnoUH.png
http://i.minus.com/iZbJtuLm8dbLd.png

Oh, and the FUCKING SOUNDTRACK IS GOD-TIER
I disagree. The soundtrack is alright, graphics are ok,(really good art direction though). But the game itself is really boring. And if you're one of those players who worries more about the story instead of gameplay, the story is just as boring as well. The memory remixes I'll admit are quite fun but they're so far apart that it doesn't even make the game worth playing imo.

wilflare

better than just "givers" since that could just be someone who gave 1 random desura code 5 years ago, and a lot more forgiving than mega givers, which im less inclined to use these days with people like Mokoi, Speevy and NBNT not using modbot for whatever ungodly reason

futuramafry.jpg

or not lol

what's the new rule?

Dambrosi

Banned
Love Live! A Japanese multimedia project. I only found out about because of this thread.

Edit: Also really like the new rule.
I knew I recognized her from somewhere! I really like that game, despite being total poop at it.
But Nico is best girl. :p
And I think that we should be careful how the new rule is handled. It could lead to a lot of single bundle-trash giveaways being made to qualify for big giveaways using PIF, lowering the overall quality of giveaways as a result. Plus, there's dirty poors like myself who can't afford to give away games every day, who might get unjustly locked out of PIF raffles. Just saying.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just checked my humble stuff and I have some leftovers, but they're pretty bad... I want to feel bad about giving them away, but people give Bad Rats away, so I dunno. lol

Just give them away via the anonymous option so you don't feel as bad. Plus it's always a free +1 to someone who cares about increasing their game count.

Unicorn

futuramafry.jpg

or not lol
You mean I could have been entering giveaways this sale that required having given a game if I had given a game years ago?!?!

futuramafry.jpg

or not lol

I thought I read on the Modbot instructions that givers and mega givers are calculated using a rolling three month period, is this not the case?

In most cases I'd argue that using a VPN to activate a region-locked gift also falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing, which is why I advise against it. Better safe than sorry and all that. Valve looks the other way with keys and game unlocks because neither affect its bottom line.

Just wondering. If Valve would decide to finally add chinese RMB as a currency, I guess prices here would be rock-bottom too.

How do they determine if I use a VPN (I mean a good, paid one) or just use my normal chinese internetconnection?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).

Thinking about it, what about people that havent won a game? :p

edit: also yes you guys are right, I forgot about the 3 month rule

How about this?
jI4RyXqBxH2v1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom