• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Code:
Minimum: 
Teh fuk?

Congratulations, your computer can't run a game from 1988.

It'd certainly be something if the game is actually a full port designed with only Vista or above in mind, haha.

Toki767

Once you buy a higher end video card upgrading usually isn't too bad. I had my 670 for more than a year and a half and I sold it for 230 dollars, making the used 780Ti I bought only 340

That's what I keep hearing, but I really dislike trying to sell stuff for the most part. Too paranoid haha.

I've never been one for upgrading my current PC piece by piece, I mean I'll add some ram and hard drives as necessary but I'm not a fan of making big upgrades to single components. I'd feel that I'll always be working myself from one bottleneck to the next. When I get new parts, I just have to go all the way to not feel like I made a wasted purchase.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Code:
Minimum: 
Teh fuk?

Congratulations, your computer can't run a game from 1988.

I have so many games from the late 80s I can't run. Damn computers getting rid of cassette tape player support.

Wait... I just dated myself. I need a distraction.

Quick, everyone google MMO Minesweeper!

Shadownet

Banned
Lol this can't be coincidence, before I built my PC with the Radeon 6870, I played Dragon Age Origins on my old Dell Laptop at all low settings. I had one of those little fans you place your laptop on just for this game and Portal 2.

Three of us having DAO experience on Laptops that's funny.

lol mine lagged so much

Yeah, mine was an HP Pavillion. The bottom would get so hot at times. It even smoked and sparked a few times. Monitor light eventually died, though, and the only way I could see anything was to hold a super bright light to the screen.

I got an HP Pavilion too! chrome finished I think. the bottom would burnt my thighs haha

City 17

I was away for a few days... and I'm surprised, I didn't know SteamGAF would still have such activity.
So "SteamGAF is best GAF" is not a legend after all
You guys are great, keep up the good work!
More old bundle extras. Should be unused. Enjoy!

Thanks for Post Mortem.

I have so many games from the late 80s I can't run. Damn computers getting rid of cassette tape player support.

Wait... I just dated myself. I need a distraction.

Quick, everyone google MMO Minesweeper!

It's all about punchcards man.
I read about those in school.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've just updated Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome to version 6.4. Changes in this version include:

• Added a progress bar to the header that indicates if Enhanced Steam is processing requests
  • Added a "lightbox" effect to app page screenshots
  • Increased Early Access detection speed (thanks henryg!)
  • Fixed the number of API requests to conform with Valve's throttling limits
  • Removed ability to hide DLC from unowned games, as it is no longer feasible with new API limits
  • Removed the "friends own/want/reviewed" tags, to conform with API throttling limits
I hope to have this version available in Firefox some time next week. As always, let me know if you have any issues with this version.

Hugstable

Banned
My last giveaway is about to finish up so I'll post it one last time. Anyway time to go get some sleel so G'night SteamGAF!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-097EAC4332D6AB89 - Taken by WinterDemons. 13 entrants total.
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-D0436B765989A042 - Taken by Chezzymann. 4 entrants total.

t1404540222z1.png

Happy 5th of July everyone!!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Firefox user here, what exactly is this lightbox effect?

Currently on the game pages, if you click on a screenshot, it opens that screenshot in a new tab. This feature instead opens the image on the same page, and provides forward / back arrows to easily flip through all of the game's screenshots.

It looks like this:

I'm going to miss that feature.

Me too. With any luck, I'll be able to work something out with Valve so that it can come back in the future.

Currently on the game pages, if you click on a screenshot, it opens that screenshot in a new tab. This feature instead opens the image on the same page, and provides forward / back arrows to easily flip through all of the game's screenshots.

It looks like this:

Me too. With any luck, I'll be able to work something out with Valve so that it can come back in the future.

How Valve hasn't already implemented this is beyond me, also, about how long does it take for the update to go through, I'm still at 6.3.5

jshackles

How Valve hasn't already implemented this is beyond me, also, about how long does it take for the update to go through, I'm still at 6.3.5

It should roll out within the next 30 minutes or so.

EDIT: If you press "Update extensions now", it should force the update.

oh hey man you asked me about rockband beatles. we might have it. but i know for sure no store will carry the instruments. your best bet is ebay if you want those.

me too. i like that. maybe fix it so its neater? just dont take it away
Green Ranger's back! ( ⋂‿⋂)

Salsa

I got this weird bug in Valiant Hearts where even tho I have a gamepad connected the game will give me Keyboard prompts *until* I press a gamepad button, then for the duration of the press the actual gamepad prompt shows up, but when I let go it's back to keyboard

huh

anyone got this?

JaseC

It looks like this:

Can you place the X/X within brackets? It'd look a little neater, I think.

Backlogger

I've just updated Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome to version 6.4. Changes in this version include:

• Added a progress bar to the header that indicates if Enhanced Steam is processing requests
  • Added a "lightbox" effect to app page screenshots
  • Increased Early Access detection speed (thanks henryg!)
  • Fixed the number of API requests to conform with Valve's throttling limits
  • Removed ability to hide DLC from unowned games, as it is no longer feasible with new API limits
  • Removed the "friends own/want/reviewed" tags, to conform with API throttling limits
I hope to have this version available in Firefox some time next week. As always, let me know if you have any issues with this version.

Loving the progress bar and the light box for the screen shots! Nice work!

[*] Removed ability to hide DLC from unowned games, as it is no longer feasible with new API limits
[*] Removed the "friends own/want/reviewed" tags, to conform with API throttling limits
[/LIST]

Boo, really? I relied on this stuff. It's harder and harder not to just consider Valve a garbage company when their biggest contribution to their website in years is to institute API limits that fuck up the third-party plugin that actually makes the site usable. :/

JaseC

So i just re-installed Windows 8 on my first SSD. mah gawd, no words.

Buying an SSD for Windows really is one of the best upgrades regardless of how your system fares in other areas (well, RAM aside, I suppose). I've long been meaning to replace my hiccup-prone Vertex 2 with a superior 120GB drive.

Hugstable

Banned

It looks like this:

Oh nice they are making it easier to go through screenshots. Really excites me since I take so many screenshots all the time, but it can be a pain to always select each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom