• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 780M is somewhere between a 660 and a 760 on the desktop side. I'd say a mix of medium and high at best.

Edit: For Mordor, I mean.

We haven't really dove into next gen game ports yet so I'm going to stay optomisitic for high if only to soothe my desire to upgrade.

Well I won't be here to see who wins my giveaway, I'm off to bed. Night SteamGAF, I'll see you guys tomorrow.
No one better give away Divinity while I'm sleeping

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I might be way off, but I expect Witcher 3 to scale pretty well between it's low and high settings. I imagine you'll be able to turn down the draw distance to get comparable performance to Witcher 2, and you'll obviously be able to turn off the really demanding stuff like the fur simulations.

I don't imagine all the demos they've been showing have been running on quad titan set ups, even if they are running on higher end current cards.

Toki767

I might be way off, but I expect Witcher 3 to scale pretty well between it's low and high settings. I imagine you'll be able to turn down the draw distance to get comparable performance to Witcher 2, and you'll obviously be able to turn off the really demanding stuff like the fur simulations.

I don't imagine all the demos they've been showing have been running on quad titan set ups, even if they are running on higher end current cards.

That's probably true, but I'd imagine with a game like The Witcher 3, people will want to max it as much as possible. Seems like it'd be a disservice to play it on low settings.

I'm on a 560ti and I'm not sweating the future. I've gotten especially disinterested in a lot of the kinds of games pushing requirements forward and little else.

Yes, I won't be needing card from Papers, Please. I already get best card of all twice!

First as third card:
LJW57Tz.png

Then get exact duplicate as fourth card:
mjf1uE1.png

Glory to SteamGAF!

Shade

More old bundle extras. Should be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

RIP trilogy -- MB-EBBC7DA9FA88AD70 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
greed black border -- MB-931F14700E9B8FE4 - Taken by astrogamer. 1 entrants total.
Grotesque -- MB-210C0D12B46785BA - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 1 entrants total.
post mortem -- MB-7CBA42880FB23E97 - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.
Grotesque 2 -- MB-97CECC9F378970A7 - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
crashtime 2 -- MB-5CFD680E82EAA0E7 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
death track -- MB-576E38D38A61B7CA - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.

t1404537160z1.png

tylerf

I'm here working the graveyard shift for another 7 hours so I kind of want to start a new EU4 campaign. On the other hand I don't want to end up sucked in and unable to play anything else until it's finished like what always happens.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I fully expect to have to upgrade my graphics card some time in the next 6 months with The Witcher 3 and Dead Rising 3 coming out. I'm still rocking a Radeon HD 7850 from about 2 years ago. It plays most everything I've thrown at it just fine, but there are a few games that can really choke it depending on the settings.

Like, I can't get more than about 4 FPS when playing XCom The Bureau with particle effects turned on.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I fully expect to have to upgrade my graphics card some time in the next 6 months with The Witcher 3 and Dead Rising 3 coming out. I'm still rocking a Radeon HD 7850 from about 2 years ago. It plays most everything I've thrown at it just fine, but there are a few games that can really choke it depending on the settings.

Like, I can't get more than about 4 FPS when playing XCom The Bureau with particle effects turned on.

I don't think anybody can. :p

Jawmuncher

Particle effects are my kryptonite with my 660 as well.
Dont know what the issue is but they cripple that card a lot. Think that's why I had some odd performance in wolfenstein.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't think anybody can. :p

My son bought a Radeon R9 280x and it does pretty good.
Though still only about 25 FPS.

Speevy

Banned
How do you even pay Grimind?

I started it up and I was able to move the cursor around the screen while a flame flickered. The cursor moved so fast that I couldn't really settle on anything.

I tried clicking everywhere, pressing every button on my keyboard and controller, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom