• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can you place the X/X within brackets? It'd look a little neater, I think.

A little late now! :p But yeah, I might in a future version.

Loving the progress bar and the light box for the screen shots! Nice work!

Thanks.

Boo, really? I relied on this stuff. It's harder and harder not to just consider Valve a garbage company when their biggest contribution to their website in years is to institute API limits that fuck up the third-party plugin that actually makes the site usable. :/

You can read about their concerns here. Their API still responds (for now) but they've limited it to 10 requests every 10 seconds. After that it starts outputting incorrect information, which is why wishlist highlighting and friends own/want/review tags stopped working after the first 10 on a page in the previous version.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any way to buy tf2 keys when youre locked out of the market and then trade them?

You can buy them on the cheap from sites like TF2 Outpost, although if you're wary about that you can PayPal the money to someone here and have them buy the keys for you from Steam's own market.

So Syberia's playable on Mac, but it's definitely a mobile port, which means there's no way to disable the obnoxious HUD icons telling me exactly where hotspots are (which could make some puzzles more challenging...I'd rather risk pixel-hunting than get babied). There's also some really terrible text errors (like using Comic Sans!), and there's no way to fix the stretched-out aspect ratio. Looks like Steam Roulette knew the game was good, but not the port!

Le sigh. I'll go ahead and chip away at Marathon, I suppose.

Salsa

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285820/

is this just joe danger without the bike

AngerdX

Sucks even tho i understand Steams concerns, but really they should take steps to improve and implement more of the ES stuff directly into the client and site. :/

Also thanks for suggestions will pm SubZero later on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Seriously this screenshot window is the bee's knee's, it's super responsive and looks really good, great work jshackles.

Thanks. I've been using it for a few days since I developed it, just to work all the kinks out. It's quickly become one of my own personal "must have" features, and it seriously bothers me when I load Steam without ES and I get the one screenshot per tab thing like they have.

The only thing that I've found a bit difficult with it is when a game's publisher or developer uploads multiple screenshots of various sizes (some 720p, some 1080p or some other weird resolution) and it makes the forward/next buttons move.

Salsa

screenshot window thingie not live for me yet

I want a refund

I *might* not get much use out of this particular feature tho since I use Hover Zoom

Nabs

Thanks for the Screenshot update. It's going to come in handy.

screenshot window thingie not live for me yet

I want a refund

I *might* not get much use out of this particular feature tho since I use Hover Zoom

Force the update on your extension page.

Yrael

I have a crappy laptop that will play Witcher 3 at like 5fps!

I play all of my games on a laptop, which is now more than two years old (with a nVidia GeForce GT 555M card). It's functioned fairly well for my purposes so far, since I also use it for work as well as gaming, but it's weak by newer standards. By the time Witcher 3 is released I'll probably have upgraded to something better (or perhaps even have a desktop).

jshackles

Sucks even tho i understand Steams concerns, but really they should take steps to improve and implement more of the ES stuff directly into the client and site. :/

I understand their concerns as well, I just wish they would have waited to make any change until after this update was published, rather than making me get a ton of email every day from people telling me it was broken.

And Valve has a history of implementing Enhanced Steam features, as long as they fall in line with their business practices. They'll probably have their own screenshot viewer in a couple of weeks. ;)

Mokoi

Banned
It should roll out within the next 30 minutes or so.

EDIT: If you press "Update extensions now", it should force the update.

Sent ya a request on steam, and also just learned that they're are options for enhanced steam. Since I never check the extensions settings on chrome.

AngerdX

I understand their concerns as well, I just wish they would have waited to make any change until after this update was published, rather than getting a ton of email every day from people telling me it was broken.

And Valve has a history of implementing Enhanced Steam features, as long as they fall in line with their business practices. They'll probably have their own screenshot viewer in a couple of weeks. ;)

Yah, love the work youve done, so i should likely donate a bit to it... :)

Dambrosi

Banned
regarding the recent tech talk re: The Witcher 3.

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black Edition at stock clocks (I'm afraid of overclocking). I hear they used that CPU to design the Ford Model T in CAD. i also have a GTX 550 ti, which I am told was first used to render the Hindenberg in 3D for Nazi propaganda showreels.

How boned am I, NeoGAF?

I have an AMD Phenom II x4 940 Black Edition at stock clocks (I'm afraid of overclocking). I hear they used that CPU to design the Ford Model T in CAD. i also have a GTX 550 ti, which I am told was first used to render the Hindenberg in 3D for Nazi propaganda showreels.

How boned am I, NeoGAF?

Mix between Low-Med. You should be able to run it at the very least.

JaseC

tumblr_myf9dqryYT1qzavcco3_500.gif

How boned am I, NeoGAF?

Start saving those pennies. ;)

Sajjaja

How boned am I, NeoGAF?

We'll see once the requirements are announced.

jshackles

Also a pro-tip for you all. If you want to close the screenshot viewer in Enhanced Steam, you can click anywhere (that isn't the navigation). The clickable "X" in the upper corner of the screen is really just for show and to reduce confusion. :)

In addition, those with a keen eye might notice that stuff like highlighting should be incredibly faster compared to earlier versions. You should see (most) stuff highlight at the same time the Enhanced Steam starts loading. That's the incredibly cool new data caching system at work.

maneil99

Getting youtube views is alot harder then it looks. Props to you guys that do it.

On topic, is BroForce going to get more expensive towards launch, and how close is it to coming out

saunderez

How boned am I, NeoGAF?

I'd say you're pretty boned. I used to rock that CPU with a 660 ti and I wasn't getting anywhere fast.

Toki767

Getting youtube views is alot harder then it looks. Props to you guys that do it.

On topic, is BroForce going to get more expensive towards launch, and how close is it to coming out

It'll get cheaper towards launch if anything. Probably 50% off by Winter Sale.

I believe it officially comes out in 2015. Around the time it hits PS4 I think?

JaseC

How long will this game be in Early Access?
“Broforce will be in Early Access through 2014 with the full version ready to dominate in early 2015.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Broforce will be priced the same during Early Access and full release.”

jshackles

I played some Broforce after picking it up last night, and I played a bit this morning as well. All told I've put 2 hours into the game, but I seemed to have reached the end(?) of the campaign, as there is nowhere else for me to LIBERATE!

I'm guessing it's just an "Early Access all of the levels aren't done yet" kind of thing, huh?

Toki767

I played some Broforce after picking it up last night, and I played a bit this morning as well. All told I've put 2 hours into the game, but I seemed to have reached the end(?) of the campaign, as there is nowhere else for me to LIBERATE!

I'm guessing it's just an "Early Access all of the levels aren't done yet" kind of thing, huh?

Pretty much.

They're continually adding new levels and characters I think. Part of the reason why I won't pay $10 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom