• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea for a big giveaway with tasks and whatnot. Think it would be pretty neat.

Would anyone be interested in giving away some games? We could work together in setting it up.

I have a copy of the Witcher 3 I'll be giving out sometime in the near future but I'm saving that for something special. If any of you have any interest in W3, be sure to be checking this thread for the next few weeks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh... I missed Stump's post. weird to see my name constantly appear in code... lol.

hmm is my
i5 4570
280X 32GB (is it a rebranded 7850 or 7950?)
8GB
gonna suffice?

The 280X is literally just a rebadged 7970GE, so your card is practically two years old already. That being said, if you don't care about high/max settings it should still last you a while yet.

Giveaways that take something extra can be fun, like the drawing ones. But overall I think I prefer the modbot ones. Basically everyone gets an even chance that way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol :p

Sadly I don't have hundreds to spend on games so if no one else is interested this isn't happening.

But everyone loves riddles bro

i hate "jumping through oops giveaways", sorry. I know some people like them and its fine, but I dont which is also fine. I dont work 5 nights a week to then come home and work some more in the hopes i will maybe win a game, if the giveaway..err...giveawayer decides my work was good enough. nope, sorry

press a button on modbot's ass and let the gods of raffles decide is my motto

Enco

i hate "jumping through oops giveaways", sorry. I know some people like them and its fine, but I dont which is also fine. I dont work 5 nights a week to then come home and work some more in the hopes i will maybe win a game, if the giveaway..err...giveawayer decides my work was good enough. nope, sorry

press a button on modbot's ass and let the gods of raffles decide is my motto
Yea I get you.

Contests where the person giving away decides aren't great in my opinion. Especially drawing ones. Too much hassle and preference.

But yea all personal preference.

wilflare

The 280X is literally just a rebadged 7970GE, so your card is practically two years old already. That being said, if you don't care about high/max settings it should still last you a while yet.

sigh... my rig went down earlier this year (was using a 5830 then) and the only 290 we had were reference units that were hot and... and nVidia was crazily expensive :/

perhaps I should have waited.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its... its taunting me guys. its just sitting there >_>

uvrdsa.png

JaseC

Another Aeon Command spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aeon Command -- MB-54BA27A02640CB58 - Taken by WinterDemons

Those were the rules:

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I don't see a manual blocklist, so maybe is there a hidden rule?
Regardless of you being eligible or not, you should still contribute to the entrants number.

Rhaknar

put your ptchforks down, he PMed me saying he wasnt sure if he could redeem it because of the prematur raffle.

he was being a good person :p

Yakkue

I got this weird bug in Valiant Hearts where even tho I have a gamepad connected the game will give me Keyboard prompts *until* I press a gamepad button, then for the duration of the press the actual gamepad prompt shows up, but when I let go it's back to keyboard

huh

anyone got this?

Same bug here. I also encountered another bug, where the screen suddenly zoomed in really close after I
died because of my stupidity
. Had to restart for it to work again correctly =/

Rhaknar

LotR fans were complaining that the game goes against the Lore of the series in the announcement threads.

going to buy another and make a contest where fans have to say how amazing the lore in the game is, and how acurate

and then watch them burn with rage, but still enter it because free games yo

JaseC

Also another thing I've noticed, I can't create a giveaway for Woodle Tree IG GIFT.

I preaviolsy given away a key (a real key, I mean) and it was okay, but Modbot won't accept indiegala gift link. Is this a known issue?

I've given away plenty of Indie Gala gifts. Are you using the whole URL as the "key"?

Shadownet

Banned
8MxQKTO.jpg

Anteater did this but can someone put an Alpaca underneath Saoirse arm? and change the 2010 on his belt to 2014? Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom