• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalusithix

Well, now that I've raffled off my big items, it's time to get rid of the rest. This is older, less exciting stuff that I've had sitting in my steam inventory collecting dust for a long time, but I figure somebody out there might want them.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands -- MB-95D410D6367BB1A6 - Taken by Toki767. 4 entrants total.
Sanctum -- MB-290535DC7D1BCDF9 - Taken by MisterLuffy. 4 entrants total.
Sol Survivor -- MB-6AA79F01812A544F - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC #2 -- MB-B6282B2C7717F496
Borderlands #2 -- MB-D402F2DC0C63250F - Taken by PossumMeat. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack 2 -- MB-805DAB61D4C7FF6D - Taken by jshackles. 1 entrants total.
Sol Survivor #2 -- MB-A80199189BC9254A - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.
Portal -- MB-442C0E96E9A4E8E7 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC -- MB-5AF47A4024B1D1A3

t1404548232z1.png

tylerf

I used to try and fit all my games into genre categories until I realized that was futile and found zen in a single "pinned" category.

Anustart

Has anyone won m&ms money since their site went down due to those methods of cheating popped up?

I've lost on two phones every day for like the last 10 days :/

Remember the part where I said I have no idea what I'm doing? Lol

Yeah just don't organize anything. It just gets harder and harder and doesn't really help. Not all games fit neatly into genres. I just use the favourites category to remember games I kind of want to play in the near future. It's now at 50 games and not really working out too well though.

tylerf

Has anyone won m&ms money since their site went down due to those methods of cheating popped up?

Same here. Either they dramatically decreased the chances of winning or they blacklisted people who won a few times at the beginning.

Levyne

Banned
I organize more along the lines of "Played" "Not Started" "Current" and a few others in the same idea.

It only works since my "Not Started" is actually not humongous.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I won like the day after all that happened, and the card they gave me didn't have any money left on it. I've tried a few times since, but haven't been as vigilant about it, and haven't won since then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish there was a full set of these

QvtTn6b.png

I wish I could hide games I wish I was a little bit taller

I like the Half-Life 2, Episode One and Episode Two images. Not really feeling the Lost Coast one, though -- I think it'd be better if the style were just limited to the mainline games so they communicate, in their own limited way, the progression of the story.

The only sort of organizing I do on Steam is tag the 5-10 games I'm currently playing as favorites so I get to them quicker, when I'm done with it just untag it and add another.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I just finished episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us.

franco-so-good.gif

Such a great game, can't wait for the ending next week. I wonder if there will be a "Season 2"?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
1. Don't install all of those
2. Only show installed games

Be thankful you don't live in Utah where you can continue to pop off fireworks until early August.

I adore fireworks on a limited basis, but that sounds awful. On the other hand my dog is terrified of them. He spent the last six hours alternating between whining or trembling violently with fear as they went off unabatedly. I just got him calmed down enough to sleep for a few minutes. :(

JaseC

Thanks man I was wondering about that. I never even noticed that + sign. I like it for some reason.

I also prefer Detail View + icons. List View has too much empty space for my liking and Grid View is too cumbersome if you have a particularly large library. I do love BPM, though.

Saty

Step 1: Delete your categories
Step 2: Enjoy your game stew
Step 3: Wait for Valve to implement proper categorization tools so you could have a game appear in as many categories as you find appropriate rather than reluctantly place it under a single one.

I adore fireworks on a limited basis, but that sounds awful. On the other hand my dog is terrified of them. He spent the last six hours alternating between whining or trembling violently with fear as they went off unabatedly. I just got him calmed down enough to sleep for a few minutes. :(

My cat goes full Apocalypse Now mode and just slinks around the house in the shadows trying find the culprit of the load noises, usually he just ends up attacking my feet under my desk.

We have Pioneer Day on the 24th. Thus July is fireworks month...

Thankfully my dog isn't too fussed about fireworks anymore. He'll hide under my bed, but other than that he doesn't seem to care (he sleeps under there all the time anyway)

Toki767

Well, now that I've raffled off my big items, it's time to get rid of the rest. This is older, less exciting stuff that I've had sitting in my steam inventory collecting dust for a long time, but I figure somebody out there might want them.

Thanks for Borderlands! I never did get to play the first one.

jshackles

Thanks Zalusithix for the Orcs Must Die 2 Complete pack! I missed the bundle it was in and couldn't ever justify buying it after that, even though I loved the first one.

Cheers!

Shadownet

Banned
I'm pretty sure I asked this when I was a junior. But was quickly ignored.

Is there an option on GAF that it will notify you when someone quote your post?

Like some sort of notification?

DogMeat77

Thank you very much for Borderlands!!

There used to be, but it was too much of a strain on the servers I guess. So it got removed.

Do what I do and just search for your name.

JaseC

For a relatively brief period there was a Who's Quoted Me? feature in the User CP that listed posts in which you'd been quoted, however it was ultimately disabled due to server performance concerns. These days I click the top "Search" button, type in my name and select "Show Posts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom