• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh wow i just teared up real hard over the valiant hearts ending

composing myself right now, will write some thoughts later

Over 5000 copies of the Witcher 3 on Steam being given away now through PCGamer, link here

xRL2R4x.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
My cat goes full Apocalypse Now mode and just slinks around the house in the shadows trying find the culprit of the load noises, usually he just ends up attacking my feet under my desk.

I had a cat that would jump on me, claws extended, when scared. I did not appreciate that much.

We have Pioneer Day on the 24th. Thus July is fireworks month...

Thankfully my dog isn't too fussed about fireworks anymore. He'll hide under my bed, but other than that he doesn't seem to care (he sleeps under there all the time anyway)

My dog sleeps under my office desk all the time. He barks at the tower when the GPU fans become too loud.

Shadownet

Banned
For a relatively brief period there was a Who's Quoted Me? feature in the User CP that listed posts in which you'd been quoted, however it was ultimately disabled due to server performance concerns. These days I click the top "Search" button, type in my name and select "Show Posts".

There used to be, but it was too much of a strain on the servers I guess. So it got removed.

Do what I do and just search for your name.

i cant believe something so little can cause servers issue.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
haha... It was originally Rebecca Black's Friday - but I ninja edited it to the other... Should change it back, IMO Friday's evil >>>>> Rick's evil

Now that's just cruel.

if you repost it in about 2 hours, everybody will be like..... WHAT??!?!

Even better, post it in 6-7 hours when most of the North and South America side of Steamgaf is awake. No one will know since most people don't check the older posts in the thread. Mass panic and confusion will ensue.

Chariot

Well, it all adds up. The checks are periodical but GAF has thousands of active users at any given moment.
Maybe making it optional so people have to activate it actively and deactivating it at E3. Maybe GAF do need a subscription programm :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mount & Blade: Warband is getting Steam Workshop support in addition to Mac/Linux ports:

Changed Depots
branches/beta/description: Mac/Linux beta › Mac/Linux and Workshop beta

hOSIQTd.png
pii0pOR.png
fxDuuzg.png

I have no idea how to organize these games....

I have separate Action and Adventure categories. Action anything from The Batmans, Dishonoured to Darksiders and games that are a little more than just shooters. Adventure is point and clicks etc...

jESzaqY.jpg

So I'd go:

Bad Rats - Puzzle
Blackguards - RPG
Deadlight - Platform (Maybe 2D action, might be time for a new category!)
FF III - RPG
Greed Corp - Strategy
Half Lifes - Shooter
The last Remnant - RPG
Left 4 Dead - Action
Mirror's Edge - Action
Payday 2 - Multiplayer Only
Poker Night - Card and Board Games
Portal - Puzzle
CIV 5 - Strategy
Spacechem - Puzzle
KOTOR + SS2 - RPG
Terraria - Action
Thomas Was Alone - Platform
Transformers - Action? (Not sure, never played one!)
Witchers - RPG
Wolf Among Us - Adventure.
XCOM - Strategy

I'm think of adding more categories, RPG - Action, RPG - Turn based etc... Not sure if I have the energy to tackle that though.

Salsa

I have separate Action and Adventure categories. Action anything from The Batmans, Dishonoured to Darksiders and games that are a little more than just shooters. Adventure is point and clicks etc...

jESzaqY.jpg

So I'd go:

Bad Rats - Puzzle
Blackguards - RPG
Deadlight - Platform (Maybe 2D action, might be time for a new category!)
FF III - RPG
Greed Corp - Strategy
Half Lifes - Shooter
The last Remnant - RPG
Left 4 Dead - Action
Mirror's Edge - Action
Payday 2 - Multiplayer Only
Poker Night - Card and Board Games
Portal - Puzzle
CIV 5 - Strategy
Spacechem - Puzzle
KOTOR + SS2 - RPG
Terraria - Action
Thomas Was Alone - Platform
Transformers - Action? (Not sure, never played one!)
Witchers - RPG
Wolf Among Us - Adventure.
XCOM - Strategy

I'm think of adding more categories, RPG - Action, RPG - Turn based etc... Not sure if I have the energy to tackle that though.

I was gonna mock you for "DefenCe" but then I read this:

Dishonoured

saunderez

Every time I try to use categories to sort my games I can never find anything and resort to just searching. So I went back to no categories. If you can't beat em...well just giving up works in this case.

Shadownet

Banned
I was having trouble with launching War of Cybertron for the first time. Marco noticed and came to my help. 5 minutes later it was solved.

what a boss he is. :D

Has anyone funded the Midora kickstarter? Someone showed me it this morning and it looks like a 2D Zelda game with crafting. I still have to complete a few 2D Zelda games, including (shamefully) A Link to the Past, but I decided to fund it because it does look pretty cool.

Over 5000 copies of the Witcher 3 on Steam being given away now through PCGamer, link here

Good link; would click again.

Chariot

jP6DeZ2FoA3mu.png

Eroberung is german for conquest, GAMES is just the standard category, I am too lazy to make a new one for stuff I don't want to categorize (like Mac Versions) and I am aware that Visual Novel lacks an s, I'm just too lazy to make a new category.

Anustart

Question, am I right in suspecting my friend of being up to something sinister if I can't get him to use his gaming PC to game and he pretty much just shuns steam... I gave him Monaco and still notta.

is he a lost cause???

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question, am I right in suspecting my friend of being up to something sinister if I can't get him to use his gaming PC to game and he pretty much just shuns steam... I gave him Monaco and still notta.

is he a lost cause???

Some people can't be helped. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom