• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
lets up the ante. in 4 hours and 7 minutes i will call the night over. that's 12 am EDT

This is an Avatar Bet. i'll go search for your prospective avatar now.

chris-pratt-gif-2.gif

KarmaCow

I bought the CS:GO despite it not being 75% off under the impression that I would make my money back slowly selling crates gained from every match but I have yet to get anything in the games I've played.

More importantly, I'm terrible at CS:GO and I'm not sure what to do to change that. There are somethings like never really playing CS before, not knowing the maps and guns but the rest just baffles me. In every encounter, I'll shoot significantly more bullets but the inevitable death screens says I hit them once (if that) for <50 damage while they maybe shoot three bullets and do 150 body shot damage. I'm not holding down the fire button, I'm burst firing to try to keep my accuracy up but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm also playing under casual hoping to play with other people who are just as bad but it just seems like I'm grouped with people who know what they are doing. The community in game hasn't been helpful either so I'm starting to regret picking up the game. I didn't want to learn another multiplayer game and thought I could get away with playing the odd match every so often.

Lol you even got a Santa Mask for Payday 2 to go along with it. I still haven't figured out how I'm supposed to get masks. I bought the new Gage Shotgun DLC, and I still can't get my Baboon mask :(

For the older, normal masks it's pure luck. For the latest DLC packs, you get masks by completing objectives. The baboon one is pretty easy, just kill 7 enemies in 11 seconds with a shotgun.

maneil99

I bought the CS:GO despite it not being 75% off under the impression that I would make my money back slowly selling crates gained from every match but I have yet to get anything in the games I've played.

More importantly, I'm terrible at CS:GO and I'm not sure what to do to change that. There are somethings like never really playing CS before, not knowing the maps and guns but the rest just baffles me. In every encounter, I'll shoot significantly more bullets but the inevitable death screens says I hit them once (if that) for <50 damage while they maybe shoot three bullets and do 150 body shot damage. I'm not holding down the fire button, I'm burst firing to try to keep my accuracy up but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm also playing under casual hoping to play with other people who are just as bad but it just seems like I'm grouped with people who know what they are doing. The community in game hasn't been helpful either so I'm starting to regret picking up the game. I didn't want to learn another multiplayer game and thought I could get away with playing the odd match every so often.

For the older, normal masks it's pure luck. For the latest DLC packs, you get masks by completing objectives. The baboon one is pretty easy, just kill 7 enemies in 11 seconds with a shotgun.
buy a p90, pull down, not even joking

stonedwal

Whee purchases temporarily limited! Glad my new PC arrived after the Steam sale or i'd have been super pissed. No Crysis Maximum for me, I guess.

wilflare

I wake up (8am) and caught up with all the posts... :O

----

is Space Hulk any good? thinking of upping my Humble Bundle Weekly to get it

maneil99

I wake up (8am) and caught up with all the posts... :O

----

is Space Hulk any good? thinking of upping my Humble Bundle Weekly to get it

Can you link me to this bundle? Can't find it, been looking for Stronghold HD cheap FOREVER. I got just enough during the summer sale to afford it but then the price was raised from 2$ to $5

AHA-Lambda

I want to get into this whole survival genre stuff that has been popular lately (rust, dayz, the forest etc) but tbh without a story/campaign or an end goal to work towards I know I'd just get bored really quickly (same reason why I don't play minecraft or multiplayer really tbh, I'm a story focused guy).

Are there any survival games with a campaign? You'd think with how many there are that someone would try to put one in.

Salsa

I want to get into this whole survival genre stuff that is going on but tbh without a story or an end goal to work towards I know I'd just get bored really quickly (same reason why I don't play minecraft or multiplayer really tbh).

Are there any survival games with a campaign? You'd think with how many there are that someone would try to put one in.

The Forest is probably gonna end up having a clear objective/sort of a story considering the setup is the local tribe taking away your kid

that sounds like it has an ending to me

Indignate

I want to get into this whole survival genre stuff that is going on but tbh without a story or an end goal to work towards I know I'd just get bored really quickly (same reason why I don't play minecraft or multiplayer really tbh).

Check out The Forest.

It's still early access but comes out in a week, I believe.

It looks like there's, while not a campaign per say, a story of some sort.

EDIT: I lied. It's just another release update, not a full release.

State of Decay has preset characters and you're constantly working towards new story events.

wilflare

Can you link me to this bundle? Can't find it, been looking for Stronghold HD cheap FOREVER. I got just enough during the summer sale to afford it but then the price was raised from 2$ to $5

the bundle ended :/ it was last week's Humble Weekly

It's not in the current weekly though.

yea it's not. but Humble allows you to increase your contribution for expired bundles to get the higher tiers (for a limited amount of time.. think it was 30days?)

wilflare

are you looking for
Stronghold Crusader HD
or Stronghold HD Collection

both games were featured in other bundles before (based on isthereanydeal)

http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/680/#/page:game/info?plain=strongholdcrusaderhd
http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/page:game/info?plain=strongholdhd

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
It's been so long since I've played Civ IV that getting used to the old graphics again is really jarring.

Once again, thanks rico. Sent you a pm because I don't want a post that just says "thank you" clogging up the thread even more. But since I'm playing it, might as well mention thanks now :p

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

There's a custom map on CS GO that spawns infinite bots in order to help you practice your aim/headshotting. Can't remember how it's called but I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of guides on Steam that are using it

tim.mbp

Anyone have any opinion on Godus? I like Molyneux's other god games well enough, and it's on sale for $4.99 @ GMG. Reviews/impressions seem a little mixed, but I can't tell when how much has changed since.

http://i.imgur.com/cDCLx2d.jpg[IMG]??

[SPOILER]I am so, so sorry. [/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

welp. No more sleeping.

[quote="X05, post: 119688263"]So uh, guys, I had to steer clear of the topic a couple of days due to work, and I return to... 113 new pages.

Shit, I can't read all that.

Biweekly threads incoming I guess.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, I've been skimming looking for your quote posts to get updates.

Luckily it doesn't look like I've missed much Steam discussion.

[quote="Unicorn, post: 119692640"]The rewinding on the smoke annoys me haha[/QUOTE]

can not unsee.

[quote="Hugstable, post: 119694230"]Haha ur going full on meme?

Dis gon be good[/QUOTE]

Here we come Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom