• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Thanks guys! These helped a lot. Here's the result. Much nice to look at.

013.jpg

460x215px-LL-913e2731_ro2_beta.png

Did I ever tell you guys that the reason I started buying games on steam is because they look nice in grid view?
Me too. I was sad that at a nice zoom level my games didn't even fill one page. So I bought more.... and more.... and, well... now I'm just shy of 50 away from 400, coming from like 14 games a year ago.

xptoxyz

Decided to try and have the games again by some sort of categories. Is there any trick/file edit that's a good way to organize stuff into categories more than one game at a time?

Bot Keith had spot on aim last round, took me out right when he turned the corner.
I thought it was hilarious that a bot defused the bomb while we were all dead on one of our matches on Castle.
5v5 GAF on CS:GO. Winners take home
1 copy of Bad Rats. Yeah just one
I thought that the agreement was one per team member? >_>
That's some serious growth.
Yeah, I spent a lot on games in the last year...

I would maybe join a round of CS:GO sometimes but I don't have it installed and whatever team I play one would have a serious disadvantage... :(

I would maybe join a round of CS:GO sometimes but I don't have it installed and whatever team I play one would have a serious disadvantage... :(
We're pretty bad, don't worry.
Is it possible to get a private match going for SteamGAF? I think that would be a good course and then move into matchmaking.
I think if we get a full team going for both sides we could just set it to a private lobby and not worry about randoms.

trolho

Neo Member
I guess I should stick to casual in CS:GO. Matchmaking just placed me on a troll team in competitive where everyone just camped on T-spawn. I'm not going to be able to keep my rank like this..

We're pretty bad, don't worry.

I think if we get a full team going for both sides we could just set it to a private lobby and not worry about randoms.

That would actually be the great I think though I just realized I don't even have the HDD space to install CS:GO so some other time for me :p

Also about 6 years ago I was actually okay in CS:S... by now my skills must have decayed like mad after played CoD and others FPS.

Is it possible to get a private match going for SteamGAF? I think that would be a good course and then move into matchmaking.

I think we have to rent a server and password protect it to do private matches.

EDIT: How many people would actually be interested in this? I might be willing to rent a server.

Hugstable

Banned
That would actually be the great I think though I just realized I don't even have the HDD space to install CS:GO so some other time for me :p

Also about 6 years ago I was actually okay in CS:S... by now my skills must have decayed like mad after played CoD and others FPS.

I never played much Source, but I used to play 1.6 alot and my skills have definitely degraded. I think if I keep playing I'll get back into the groove overtime, like I still did a little bit better than I did yesterday, but it was still pretty bad overall lol. Phoenix got headshotted me with a Deagle when I was aiming at him with an AWP -_-

trolho

Neo Member

I'm pretty average in CS:GO, yes. But I would rather have a bunch of people who never played on my team and get destroyed than getting 3 people who were doing nothing on purpose.

I was pretty much stuck playing for 40 minutes, since I couldn't kick them or leave because of that damn cool-down.

Valve should change how that cool-down works, imo.

Hugstable

Banned
I think we have to rent a server and password protect it to do private matches.

EDIT: How many people would actually be interested in this? I might be willing to rent a server.

If we have people that want to play often I would be down cause then atleast we can always get a lot of good matches going without the insertion voting and "66666666666666666666" randoms.

Gotta settle this 1v1 Deagle Competition brah.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm pretty average in CS:GO, yes. But I would rather have a bunch of people who never played on my team and get destroyed than getting 3 people who were doing nothing on purpose.

I was pretty much stuck playing for 40 minutes, since I couldn't kick them or leave because of that damn cool-down.

Valve should change how that cool-down works, imo.

tumblr_l42uwdMpVR1qa9armo1_500.jpg

thats-me.gif

trolho

Neo Member

If it's on casual, I think you can create a lobby and then invite your friends. Set the game as private.

Inside the game, if you have bots playing with you, use the command "bot_quota 0" on the console.

pic1
pic2
Stop quoting me with pretty gifs, damn you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom