• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

is the
ghost
hard to find? yes I was spoiled about it, on gaf no less (oh well I dont care as much for spoilers as some do)

Besides what servizio said, you need to kinda go out of your way to trigger it.

1. Go to the garage and look up. See the purple ball?
  2. Get the milk carton from the recycling bin, then throw it at the purple ball.
  3. Take the ball to Sam's room and close the door.
  4. Where would a purple ball logically go?

Tizoc

Without a doubt platform games are the ones I have must trouble/difficulty but I find this simply amazing:

5XLUt2f.gif

As someone who is good in Platformers even I find that freakin' absurd...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there is no ghost. just a shitty game.

nope, but thanks for for the completely useless input

Besides what servizio said, you need to kinda go out of your way to trigger it.

1. Go to the garage and look up. See the purple ball?
  2. Get the milk carton from the recycling bin, then throw it at the purple ball.
  3. Take the ball to Sam's room and close the door.
  4. Where would a purple ball logically go?

I cant tell if youre trolling me or not :p

wilflare

You should Give DS4 Xinput wrapper a try. Honestly the best thing ever to allow you to use the DS4 or DS3 on your PC.

I was using DS3 XInput previously for my DS3... worked perfectly. wanted DS4Windows cause I liked the UI and touchpad support

If you are willing to mess around with it uninstall everything so it shows as a generic bluetooth adapter again and then install this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

It doesn't support the touchpad of the DS4 but otherwise works flawlessly for me, including in Astebreed :)

hmm maybe I'll try again.. DS4Windows is just another branch right..? :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Try it. It's sort of an easter egg.

that... was not what I expected lol

Hey Rhaknar, no one liked the new avatar I made for you last night.

Made me kind of sad.

you are forever blacklisted just for even thinking I would ever use a fem-laharl avatar, I only care about Disgaea 1 Laharl, everything else is an abomination

Kiru

That Mario gif looks tool assisted.

Looks pretty amazing regardless.

I think it's played by that Mario Club. Those are pretty much the best Mario Players in Japan.

EDIT: Read again that those are real videos done by the Mario Club, the bug testing studio in Japan

hmm maybe I'll try again.. DS4Windows is just another branch right..? :/

I haven't heard of DS4Windows personally but possibly, the one I linked is the original codebase of the driver though, if this one gives you problems too you either get some kind of bluetooth interference or your current dongle just doesn't go well with a DS4 :/

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-DDD8A5B8046AB443 - Taken by LostAtLife
Thomas Was Alone #2 -- MB-A58E709FB13B6013 - Taken by Uni on Everything!

... and again ;)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That looks pretty good.
I'd laugh if you posted the OT and it was nothing but that image.
Would be a hilarious troll if I make it all just a png file or a jpg but then again inferior white theme gaf wouldnt fall for it.
Looking good, you're the reason I added it to my short "Buy Sooner" list.
Awww!

I need OT Title Suggestions >.>

Abyss Odyssey |OT| This has nothing to do with Abe´s Oddysee.

Rhaknar

Finished Gone Home. I liked it, even if I think people saying its GOTY 2013 are insane but hey, who am I to judge. But I liked it nonetheless. The attention to detail in the house is amazing, the story is
well done, good for Sam and whats her name, and hey, in the end there was no ghost (guess all the ouija board stuff was a red herring), no mystery, you just go home and no ones there because your sister ran off with her girlfriend and your parents are off in some resort, I liked that.

that being said, charging 20€ for this is ridiculous, but on a sale its more than fine. I would rank it bellow Stanley Parable (WAY bellow) but above (also WAY above lol) Dear Esther (man I hated esther) in the non-games games category
I dont actually think they are non-games

Caerith

Finished Gone Home. I liked it, even if I think people saying its GOTY 2013 are insane but hey, who am I to judge. But I liked it nonetheless. The attention to detail in the house is amazing, the story is
well done, good for Sam and whats her name, and hey, in the end there was no ghost (guess all the ouija board stuff was a red herring), no mystery, you just go home and no ones there because your sister ran off with her girlfriend and your parents are off in some resort, I liked that.

that being said, charging 20€ for this is ridiculous, but on a sale its more than fine. I would rank it bellow Stanley Parable (WAY bellow) but above (also WAY above lol) Dear Esther (man I hated esther) in the non-games games category
Fair review. I think GH is a game where you get as much out of it as you put into it (like, why
the parents are away
or the significance of
the year 1963
), but it certainly isn't the end-all be-all that journos made it out to be. It's good, sure, but mostly as a treat for the people who would enjoy spending hours reading logs in Fallout vaults.

yGray

Banned

so basically
it's no Shovel Knight

Rhaknar

Fair review. I think GH is a game where you get as much out of it as you put into it

Perfectly put. I also think that being in your 30s or near enough helps with the nostalgia aspect (man, I also had 2 movies per tape like that lol)

Sounds about right. I think I got it for $6 or so from the humble store and really enjoyed it at that price. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed Gone Home way more than Stanley Parable

pahamrick

Perfectly put. I also think that being in your 30s or near enough helps with the nostalgia aspect (man, I also had 2 movies per tape like that lol)

Didn't everyone? I remember having a whole shelf of taped movies that were basically things I'd watch back to back.

Tizoc

Would be a hilarious troll if I make it all just a png file or a jpg but then again inferior white theme gaf wouldnt fall for it.

Awww!

I need OT Title Suggestions >.>

Abyss Odyssey |OT| This has nothing to do with Abe´s Oddysee.

Abyss Odyssey |OT| Brooke's Missing Years

Rhaknar

Sounds about right. I think I got it for $6 or so from the humble store and really enjoyed it at that price. Call me crazy, but I enjoyed Gone Home way more than Stanley Parable

not crazy at all, I can see Stanley being as divisive as Gone Home really.

Hmm... Wolf Among us final ep is out soon correct? Might put that off until then, I only played the first ep

Same for Kentucky, I played the first 2 and I believe the third is out? My list of games im playing (in theory) is silly:

ilfjnt.png

and by playing, I mean I started it at least and never got back to it. And no I dont need the roulette, nor am I asking for advice, Im just making an observation :)

Dr Dogg

Oh Mr Hat you almost fooled good old Shovel Knight but I kind of guessed what was going to happen.

Not sure if I'll make gifs for the OT but I think Im pleased with what I have there.

As always neato Nito :p

Due to going flipping mental the last week or 2 and buying almost every compelling 2D and side scrolling game I've clapped my eyes on I think I might wait out until Abyss Odyssey is out to save my sanity and backlog.

Hugstable

Banned
not crazy at all, I can see Stanley being as divisive as Gone Home really.

Hmm... Wolf Among us final ep is out soon correct? Might put that off until then, I only played the first ep

Same for Kentucky, I played the first 2 and I believe the third is out? My list of games im playing (in theory) is silly:

ilfjnt.png

and by playing, I mean I started it at least and never got back to it. And no I dont need the roulette, nor am I asking for advice, Im just making an observation :)

Just play Metal Gear Rising Brah.

Grief.exe

Found a trader who gave me a Steam ROW code for Murdered for 4 TF2 keys. Insanely cheap imo. Most of the people I saw wanted 5 keys.

That is insanely cheap. Murdered looks like such a cool concept, I wish the studio could have had another chance to refine their craft.

So I take it no way to search for what games you own that have local coop without manually clicking every game....

Check out cooptimus, you can sort by local co-op and find games that suit you very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom