• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSelf

PrtgFaw.jpg

jaw_dropping_gif_by_buddycomics-d5cwwjy.gif

Sky Chief

Okay, I emailed myself the game I want to give away a few minutes ago but haven't received it yet, is this normal?

EDIT: Might there be a problem because I am sending it to the email address linked with my Steam account?

iosefe

Anyway, when Gone Home makes me a nervous wreck even tho I know for a fact that there are no monsters or anything, how the fuck am I supposed to play games like Amnesia or Outlast? Im such a pussy (strangely only with games, im fine with movies /shrug)
I had the exact same reaction. It's the atmosphere of a mysteriously empty house and the storm raging outside

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay, I emailed myself the game I want to give away a few minutes ago but haven't received it yet, is this normal?

Are you sure you got the address right? ;)

EDIT: Might there be a problem because I am sending it to the email address linked with my Steam account?

Nah, I send gifts to my linked address all the time.

JakeD

if you're using gmail, steam gifts go into the "promotions" folder if you have it set up

Li Kao

Yeahhhhhhhh, thanks for Wizardry 6 / 7 Kifimbo ! Couldn't happen at a better time, I spent some time reorganizing my steam library to at last play some good old school RPGs !
Yup, the perspective of playing Original Sin for the first time (just finished Dark Souls) and the PC Gamer article about running Planescape at 4k gave me serious goose-bump.

Little short on cash (
buying a house and having a kid does that
) right now, but wanted to help celebrate ModBots birthday.

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-22473CB601A01505 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Gothic 3 -- MB-B5E718E5DD91C4C1 - Taken by fspm. 12 entrants total.

t1404669563z1.png

Sky Chief

Happy Birthday Modbot! In honor here is my first giveaway. I hope I did everything correctly.

Good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sky Chief:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-E62E4BC57A4CD1C7 - Taken by louiedog

t1404672352z1.png

Poetic

Just finished "To The Moon."

...I'm feeling rather emotional now. :<

Just finished it the other night too, nice game.

I currently only have 3 of my 36 games installed. I have a small SSD (128gb), but there's room for more games.

I plan on building a new rig this year and will definitely bump up the space.

wilflare

thanks for the many memories, SteamGAF
I don't post as much anymore... but thanks for being my first real community :D

and here's to celebrate Modbot's first birthday! and our 25th thread!

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-03FE17402B4FDE6B - Taken by spindoctor

t1404672620z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well, Wolfenstein New Order sure is fucking awesome...damn. This was unexpected (well maybe not since theres quite the positive buzz around it)

does anyone know how much changes after
you choose who dies at the start (also that was fucked up, cliched sure, but still fucked up)

Yrael

Did you play the DLC too?

:O Nope, wasn't aware that there's DLC! Just looked it up and downloaded it - thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Didn't even need to download it...turns out the bonus episode was there all along in the steamapps folder, though I had to access it manually rather than through Steam.

Sky Chief

well, Wolfenstein New Order sure is fucking awesome...damn. This was unexpected (well maybe not since theres quite the positive buzz around it)

It is amazing and I agree it was very unexpected. I remember when the game was announced everyone asked why it was necessary.

Jawmuncher

does anyone know how much changes after
you choose who dies at the start (also that was fucked up, cliched sure, but still fucked up)

Just some cutscenes and which power ups you get. One lets you get more health other more armor. Nothing to the ending though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom