• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Practically a cheat code it makes the game so much easier:
Food and heat at your apartment only need to be turned on every second day, so you can save an enormous amount of money with no in-game ramifications if you turn them off to save money every second day.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of (The Sims)
Only having to go to work every other day, haha.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Well was bringing up some of the games I need to go through from the sale and realized I owned Antichamber, Dustforce, and a few other things without having remembered purchasing them... W-whats happening to me?

Well, both of those were in Humble Bundles, so maybe you bought those bundles without remembering them :p

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1404775800z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

I will be there after work! Excited to play with some gaffers. I hope you guys can help me get better. :D

Nzyme32

Yep, just tried it. It's listed as third party - same as games such as Peggle (HL2 edition), and one of the old Trackmania games that is free.

Installing any of them does NOT add the game to your games list permanently. It just dissappears when you delete local content.

Not sure if they are accessible to people who have never installed the games, but I assume they are? Although not really sure what "third-party" is meant to mean in this context

Shadownet

Banned
I know we recently had a little uproar about congratulating gifts out here in the open like this. But honestly I dont see it as much of a problem. We're all part of SteamGAF here, we're like close friends and family. we talks to each other almost everyday. So when a person get a gift from another gafer, we shouldn't be feeling anything more than happy for them. That's all. there are really many great members on here and I'm very lucky to be friends with you guys.

I know I'm definitely happy and excited for someone whenever they received a gift. Whether it be Bad Rats or Witcher 3. Because it shows that this community still cares about one another. We shouldn't have to hide our thoughtful gifts, it's a wonderful thing.

Speevy gifted me this, its a little indie called Gods Will Be Watching. I would never have known about it, but I gifted this myself to another member. So I'm glad I did, because this is just my type of games.

So thanks Speevy for giving me this, you're awesome :) I'll be sure to repay you soon.

BrLJaM2.png

Kydd BlaZe

Posted this already in the Steam Request a Buddy thread, but how do I go about getting invited to the Steam GAF group? I noticed that the group is invite only.

I would appreciate it if someone could hook me up!

Edit: Well that was fast! Thanks!!

zychi

Banned
I already put this in the trading thread, figured I'd ask here. I forgot I preordered Total War Rome 2 last year, and have the key sitting in my Amazon digital account, would anyone want to trade me $40 steam credit, or $40 paypal for it?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just did a double take and had to check the first page to see if Mr.Orange forgot to post the rules this time but he didnt... he didnt

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh, man SHOVEL KNIGHT

Falling in love with this game after 6 hours. Made it to the Tower of Fate in two sessions today, such a gem.

It's rather welcoming too, not crazy hard at all

Here some more.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Krusenstern, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior -- MB-34C0781BDB44AEAF - Taken by Sajjaja. 60 entrants total.

t1404778165z1.png

I already put this in the trading thread, figured I'd ask here. I forgot I preordered Total War Rome 2 last year, and have the key sitting in my Amazon digital account, would anyone want to trade me $40 steam credit, or $40 paypal for it?

I'd honestly doubt it. IIRC, it's been on sale for $20 before. And it's consistently been put on sale for $30, in the least. I'd consider it for $15, but nothing more.

Just played FTL that I won in a giveaway here and LOL I had no idea what I was doing. pretty fun game though. Going to play another round later, but in easy. Don't be mad at me guys for wimping out.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'd honestly doubt it. IIRC, it's been on sale for $20 before. And it's consistently been put on sale for $30, in the least. I'd consider it for $15, but nothing more.

Yeah, Enhanced Steam says that it's currently on sale at a different store for $20.38. Sorry, but I doubt you'll get $40 for it.

Tizoc

It is the longest isn't it? I though they got shorter and shorter.

Also FYI, Episode 5 releases tomorrow.

I am aware of that actually, gonna have it dling while I finally get back to putting time into Divinity OS lol

Wolf Among Us is going to reach $5 around the same time all of the episodes are available.

I got for like $6ish via Key trading so it was worth it at that price for me =3
I just finished 4 too. Amazing. Can't wait

That ending was such a cop out lol
I don't care what the Crooked Man says, he resulted in the murder of 2 people, doesn't matter if their prostitutes or any of that shit, I'll have him see justice one way or th other

oipic

Just played FTL that I won in a giveaway here and LOL I had no idea what I was doing. pretty fun game though. Going to play another round later, but in easy. Don't be mad at me guys for wimping out.

FTL's 'easy' is 'normal' by any other measure - learning the game and its systems on easy is the recommended way to go, I think - there's nothing wimpy about it. :)

Nah, don't feel that way at all with FTL. The difficulty labels are misleading.

Easy is normal, lol.

If you like it at all, but just find it too difficult, read a couple beginners' guides and/or ask around here, because knowing some great tips can make all of the difference.

Grief.exe

so its going to be a midweek sale for $5 tomorow? :p

Tomorrow?

Last episode is supposed to be out tomorrow.

I'm exaggerating, but not by much.

Seems to be the general consensus is Wolf Among Us is better than the Walking Dead Season 2.

Walking Dead season 1 was half off before episode 2 even came out, best to just wait until Telltale games are done before jumping in.

Theoretically gives them time to iron out all the inevitable technical issues as well, but we are all aware that is not always the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom