• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So why is Abyss Odyssey being hyped hard here? What's so good about it other than it looking pretty.

The concept sounds cool. Everything you fight has a moveset as big as your character so they are complex.The game has randomly generated dungeons and enemy encounters and the drops and power ups.You can capture those enemies and use them for combat and more coop sidescroller games never done harm to people.

Dr Dogg

You do have some virtualized servers which allow displacement to move other locations Europe/US and other regions but this seems really impractical and I'm not sure how well it would run,

Yeah MultiPlay do virtual servers and allow you to move your server to anywhere they have hosting (pretty wide spread across the globe) but it's a case of you get what you pay for. Plus I think you have to put in a request and it's not instant. They're around £10-£20 a month.

Cheapest dedicated ones I was looking at a while back were around 80-100 euros a month in Holland and then additionally priced per slot for extras like what titles and extras you want. I think all in all a 8 slot dedicated server running just Left 4 Dead with a mumble server worked out at 110-130 euros a month but I have no idea if that included VAT though. Good job SteamGAF isn't hardcore into Battlefield as some of the extras like additional ranked slots are just crazy money for what they are.

Yeah lets just go back to moaning about games for now.

I feel more rewarded as a mainstream human being. Especially gaming wise.

People may give the lowest common denominator type games stick, I just say I have an eclectic gaming pallet. Well that and I'll play any old rubbish.

Jawmuncher

so, where is my 100% fun team?

Are we talking Orange Juice?
header_292x136.jpg

The idea was to get a dedicated gaming server up and running and we could put whatever games on it, not sure if people were willing to fund it - plus timezones.

Judging from the response I'm getting, I think a server would be a great idea. It would be great to have a central server for SteamGAF where everyone can just play for fun without it getting too competitive.

Only players with low ping allowed?

Everyone is welcome. We're just playing casually for fun. It's up to you if you think the lag is too much to have fun.

TsuXna

So why is Abyss Odyssey being hyped hard here? What's so good about it other than it looking pretty.

coz it's the only somewhat combat game on the Mac :3
Tbh combat system looks fair from the "Know your enemy" vid, hope its only a little part of it they showed, still not bad tho.

Deitus

I think that game is supposed to be impossible. Have you inserted the VHS tape into the VCR yet? Or the floppy disk into the computer?

I haven't played it myself, but having watched some videos online, it's not "impossible". You just win by doing something that does not remotely resemble surgery.

Basically, the patient's blood loss is a ticking clock, that ticks faster when you stab the patient or sever something. There's no real way to stop them from bleeding out when you remove their organs, or sew them back up when you are done, so you just move really quick before they die. In the video I watched, they just smashed the rib cage to bits, threw away all of the organs that were "in the way," quickly severed all of the arteries connected to the heart, and then just plopped the new heart into the emtpy chest cavity for the win condition. The patient was still seconds away from death, but he didn't technically die before the new heart was "transplanted".

MadGear

I'm a sad Alpaca :( The download on Divinity was about to complete with only 500MB remaining, however i had to pause the download for about an hour or two. I now tried to resume the download but the very moment I pressed the button steam reset the download progress to 1.0GB out of 6.3GB (i don't have the fastest download speed, so this is an issue to me) :(

MRORANGE

Judging from the response I'm getting, I think a server would be a great idea. It would be great to have a central server for SteamGAF where everyone can just play for fun without it getting too competitive.

If you want to run it then go for it, I'll put a link and details in the OP if it works outs out..

You just need to find the initial fundraising goal for the first month l, I would recommend just creating a new thread to fund raise the money and just link it back here so everyone knows (for the sake of the of thread, plus I'm sure more of gaf would have vetted interest in this.)

I would be happy to chip in a tenner on my next payday.

jesus surgeon simulator 2013 is hard as shit. Anyone got any pointers? I have up after like 40 minutes and not even getting the old heart out the body.

Sure.

A couple things that will help:
(1) Any place you should need to make a cut you should kind of see a different in texture sort of making a dark line where the incision needs to be.
(2) I think it's the "green" syringe... but if you eff up, jab the patient with this until they stop hemmoraghing blood.
(3) Never open the cooler until you're ready as you don't want some randomness to cause an organ to go flying out of reach halfway through a successful surgery.
(5) clear a "work" area and go slow. with the green syringe to stop bleeding, you can take your time, even if you make a mistake... the worst thing you can do is panic.
(6) if you don't like the angle you picked something up at, find a place to set it down and pick it up again.

If you really need help, I could stream a little.

iosefe

Free +1 to your game count.

those system requirements are a joke

Minimum:
Processor: Good
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: Good
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
Sound Card: Good

Recommended:
Processor: Best
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Best
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 400 MB available space
Sound Card: Best
Additional Notes: A decent sized monitor.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know extremely little about Abyss Odyssey... But it's a beat me up with online co-op? Interest rising.

Beat em up with Smash Bros like combat system, procedurally generated dungeons, item drops and enemies. You can play coop online and offline and there is a Vs Mode that will be offline at launch but shall be patched later to be online playable. (4 Players IIRC)

those system requirements are a joke

Minimum:
Processor: Good
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: Good
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
Sound Card: Good

Recommended:
Processor: Best
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Best
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 400 MB available space
Sound Card: Best
Additional Notes: A decent sized monitor.
It's like asking someone who doesn't know computers what kind of computer they have.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Everybody knows that if were going to have a SteamGAF mutliplayer game that it should be Garry's Mod by default.

CS:GO is a good 2nd choice.
I'm still sad that we never ended up playing L4D2. Two times we talked about doing it, but it never happened.

Trejik

I wanted to play with SteamGAF. I need to do something other than Hearthstone at this point.

Welp, might as well start TWAU.

The combat and the random elements is what stands out for me personally.

I'm sort of hoping they somehow nail the "pokemon" effect where each enemy being capturable and unique with full move sets works out right.

Originally, it reminded me of Cadash, which I have a soft spot for, but I don't think it's actually like that much now that I've seen more about it.

I'm super hesitant about it at this point, but for $6, I figured I'd take a gamble on it and hope it's decent. I mean, I don't like Ace Team's previous work very much, but apparently this was also made by Gravelord_Nito's mom? I think that's what Rhaknar told us. So yeah... #SupportSteamGAF.

MRORANGE

I'm still sad that we never ended up playing L4D2. Two times we talked about doing it, but it never happened.

we should really do it, there are servers that can support 16-18 players and it's amazingly good , the game is set on expert and you have 3 tanks at the same time on 30,000 hp, insanely fun as you see half your team run away while the other half try and take down the tanks.

(Expert tanks are usually 8000hp)

Strider

Beat em up with Smash Bros like combat system, procedurally generated dungeons, item drops and enemies. You can play coop online and offline and there is a Vs Mode that will be offline at launch but shall be patched later to be online playable. (4 Players IIRC)

Shiiiiiiiit. And I just watched the trailer from E3. Art style seems nice and that Ghost Monk.... *goes to preorder*

Hey guys,

Is there an easy way to check Playfire Rewards? I always forget about them but I've just discovered that I got a bunch with Metal Slug 3.

I downloaded the Hox Hud mod for Payday 2 today and am really liking it, makes managing the crew and what everyones doing much easier, the biggest thing for me is that they have changed timers into an actual numerical value instead of a circle filling up. I highly recommend it if you play a lot of Payday 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom