• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I actually don't find that very nsfw...more interested in how exactly that machine works. Clearly the prop with
piss
is weird, but how does the ice turn that colour?

Them Japanese
(no racism)
come up with the weirdest shit ever.
Her upper body is one piece of cardboard and her legs are another. There's just a faucet inbetween the pieces. The yellow is food-coloring.

legacyzero

Banned
We're on sale today woo! Steam Workshop in beta testing finally too woooo!!!

SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA

3H3ZuOC.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/

...I've been rewatching Dexter... MAN IT GETS BAD TOWARD THE END

Damn i might just buy this because of that pic lol

BruteUA

I'm starting a new job at a bank this Monday and they seem strict. No personal emails, no internet browsing etc allowed. No mobile phones on the desk. Have to maintain strict professionalism in the office. Full business dress.

lol...

I used to be in banking and had the same restrictions.

I, uh, don't work in banking anymore. May or may not be related.

derExperte

Finished Lifeless Planet and it stays boring 'til the end, took me less than 4hrs which felt much longer. Some complained about the jumping sections but I could've used more of those. Or actual puzzles, picking up some glowing thing and bringing it over to some machine isn't very fun the first time. The fifth? Ugh. The story might've worked but the logs aren't written good enough and too far between so in the end I didn't really care what happened (not that anything really 'happened' anyway). 4.5/10

You've never had someone pee on your food? You should try it sometime!

There's a Saoirse Ronan-joke in there but I'm not touching it.

tylerf

So annoying when you go to serve a food in Cook Serve Delicious and accidentally hit a second button to serve something early. This game takes more APM than Protoss.

Speevy

Banned
Finished Lifeless Planet and it stays boring 'til the end, took me less than 4hrs which felt much longer. Some complained about the jumping sections but I could've used more of those. Or some actual puzzles, picking up some glowing thing and bringing it over to some machine isn't very fun the first time. The fifth? Ugh. The story might've worked but the logs aren't written good enough and too far between. 4.5/10

There's a Saoirse Ronan-joke in there but I'm not touching it.

Total agreement on Lifeless Planet. What a waste of a great premise.

Jadax

So annoying when you go to serve a food in Cook Serve Delicious and accidentally hit a second button to serve something early. This game takes more APM than Protoss.

That SC2 reference.

I'm going to go play some right now and see if I still have it in me!

rrs

I heard this is the LewdGAF meetup

On topic: go update your Euro Truck to the beta patch, loads of good features in it

Deitus

Steam Roulette is failing me. It keeps suggesting Demos that I downloaded 3 years ago and don't even have installed anymore.

sprinkles

When people say 'NSFW' do people actually browse GAF and use the internet at work.

I'm starting a new job at a bank this Monday and they seem strict. No personal emails, no internet browsing etc allowed. No mobile phones on the desk. Have to maintain strict professionalism in the office. Full business dress.

lol...
I do in the few minutes I can during my work day.

MayMay

Banned
Got some games left from mah giveaway yesterday, grab em. I don't want em.

Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-C4BAA486CF873CD5 - Taken by Benedict
Fish Fillets 2 -- MB-5DB3B41BE544FF6D - Taken by fuzzy123
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-E37A070792155847 - Taken by aurelioking
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-9F9647801B992231

Sky Chief

So I come in and open up the Steam thread to see what I have missed...

Seriously, WTF guys!? Unbelievable, why do so many people just want to shit in this thread? I will never understand.

Ozium

afternoon, morning or evening as the case may be ladies and gents.... two days in a row of wishlisted games getting dailies?

my oh my

When people say 'NSFW' do people actually browse GAF and use the internet at work.

lol...

What says "I'm a professional that is going places!" more than SteamGAF?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I actually don't find that very nsfw...more interested in how exactly that machine works. Clearly the prop with
piss
is weird, but how does the ice turn that colour? Is the liquid actually real, or is it some gas?

Them Japanese
(no racism)
come up with the weirdest shit ever.

It seems to just be a shaved ice dessert. It follows that the yellow fluid would be flavored syrup.

lol...

Do people actually NOT browse GAF and use the internet at work.
What would you do instead, work?

Mokoi

Banned
I'm still experimenting with times and it sounds like this late is unpopular. I'll make it earlier in the day tomorrow by around 3-4 hours. Hopefully it works out better for everyone.

If there is room I'll join in too. I got top skills with my 360 no scopes.
I kind of suck

Shadownet

Banned
pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405218600z4.png

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Save me a spot phoenix!

You know I'm already down to play tonight :D

And you better have enough energy afterward to play Payday 2!

We're on sale today woo! Steam Workshop in beta testing finally too woooo!!!
SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA
3H3ZuOC.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217140/
...I've been rewatching Dexter... MAN IT GETS BAD TOWARD THE END
Damn, game looks really fun. Always good to hear small devs having success without loosing their essence. What are your current projects?
Would gladly jump on this deal but my funds are gone totally. Had to pass on a couple other deals already. But since you went down to 2,99 is it fair to say this can be expected in the next sales, too? If you're not allowed to answer just post an awesome gif of triad ;)
YEP. Done better than we ever expected TBH. And we still have a small, strange and very active community one year later. And we're still putting out updates - and working on other things of course!
Also this: http://youtu.be/8thLBifx1ZE
^__^
I also just helped put out The Red Solstice on Steam. And it's kicking ass. Check it. 40% off during Early Access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/265590/
Thanks for the earworm!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIp8jOo8_o
this looks dope
but I wonder if it'd be fun to play
I'd gladly replay half-life this way. Game seemed always immersive to me anyway.
It also shows that great animation can make a game look extremely better even without many polys or post-processing.

AHA-Lambda

Played a little more of Always Sometimes Monsters, this game is just weird.

The story at least feels like it's picking up some more, and has some more interesting characters put in the mix, but my god the devs had some fascination with extremely shitty minigames. Let's be a factory worker for the day move boxes from left to right! -_-

Now I'm somehow doing hacking (cos why the hell not) and the hacking minigame is just a copy of frogger! o_O

Also for a game that is apparently all about choice there doesn't seem to be much of it!
some examples:
one point I am made to blackmail a doctor, I am given the choice of how to do that but not the actual choice of IF I WANT to do it!

And currently I am hacking election results for the local mayor (yeah wtf right?), again I'm not given the choice here, I'm just made to do it.

If the aim of the game is to make you feel bad about choices how about you make those situations actual choices, hmm?

EDIT: sorry, should clarify from the previous examples given. I've just noticed the current one I am on I can quit from (this didn't happen with the previous one) but then that's still not really a choice at that point as I was forced into it, it just becomes a penalty then for not completing the task.

Turfster

Let's be a factory worker for the day move boxes from left to right! -_-

Now I'm somehow doing hacking (cos why the hell not) and the hacking minigame is just a copy of frogger! o_O

If the aim of the game is to make you feel bad about choices how about you make those situations actual choices, hmm?

And that's the sound of a game being flushed from my wishlist.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That link? You guys talking about the Lovecraftian French music video or the NeoGAF Shower Head topic? On my side, I thought both were fascinating.

DaveOshry

Damn, game looks really fun. Always good to hear small devs having success without loosing their essence. What are your current projects?
Would gladly jump on this deal but my funds are gone totally. Had to pass on a couple other deals already. But since you went down to 2,99 is it fair to say this can be expected in the next sales, too? If you're not allowed to answer just post an awesome gif of triad ;)

We're not gonna go lower than $3 probably EVER. In fact we're going to have higher priced options soon when we add all sorts of new content.

Chur.

BruteUA

*smh*

why are you trying to eat a soup with a fork?

Sorry for not trying to play the right way.

I can't even imagine how that game would work with a controller, are you able to use the melee stance system stuff at all with controller?

No idea, I said fuck it and bought Rise of the Triad. Seems I'm not a refined enough gamer to appreciate the greatness of M&B, so I decided to just go blow shit up and splatter eyeballs around instead. Next time I try one of those fancy games I'll make sure to not pick up the controller and see if it works with it.

Tizoc

These next 5 hours will be so dull....
I mean I COULD read manga as I wait out this night shift, but really should've brought my TF comics to read as atm I shouldn't be gaming on my 3DS, plus net work blocks lots of sites like Twitch.
*Disappointed Ronan sigh.GIF*

OK, next on the list: Marlow Briggs, Transistor and Papo & Yo. All short games and nice variety, should get these 3 out of my backlog over the next couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom