• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

sorry Fracas, I need to get some sleep. If by chance another two people will appear, keep that one spot for me, deal will last for 42 hours, after all.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
what's the point playing something when you already know what's ahead, story or gameplay, makes no difference, for me that is.
Not knowing what am I getting into it's the best way for me, hardly possible these days.

skipable or not? and how long?
that's very important!

I dont really know but let me keep typing in spoilers just for the sake of it and make someone believe Im spoiling something. Now I spoil something here: Aerith Dies.

what's the point playing something when you already know what's ahead, story or gameplay, makes no difference, for me that is.
Not knowing what am I getting into it's the best way for me, hardly possible these days.

It's sorta like a demo as far as I'm concerned... Watching streams of new fighters to figure out if the core systems OK enjoyable as well as getting impressions of characters you might be interested in playing seems fine to me. Who cares if you see some supers or whatever before you play it. :). Same with spelling or any game when I'm not invested in the story.. I can understand wanting a media blackout cause you want to experience it all first hand though.

What always gets me is the people who see something like a location name and act like you just told them Dumbledore dies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
To hell the streaming, I want the game to be playable right now dammit!

There were some unintentional lol worthy moments in that streaming.

"Player Character:I'll Avenge you!!!" * dropkick to the boss by the player*

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wish me luck GAF, I am setting out a goal. I am going to play and complete

header_292x136.jpg

Claire

header_292x136.jpg

Whispering Willows

header_292x136.jpg

Long Night

header_292x136.jpg

The House

Off to get set-up to play, will come back with impressions later.

There were some unintentional lol worthy moments in that streaming.

"Player Character:I'll Avenge you!!!" * dropkick to the boss by the player*
That was honestly my favorite thing.

I beat the Portal 2 single player today. I loved it, and wished there was more. Dunno when I'll get around to doing the co-op stuff.

L.O.R.D

reading some reviews for Sakura Spirit

“Boobs made me buy this game 10/10.”

“Still a better game than Call of Duty Ghosts”

“My friend got me this game, I swear.”

“This game is the best example on why video games are the highest art form known to man.”

“Fastest game i’ve completed,
Start game, hold down spacebar, win.
11/10 would speedrun again.”

“10/10 Boobies and booty
0/10 Have to look behind me before clicking”

“My friend told me i didnt had the balls to buy it…guess hes wrong now.”

“I lost all respect from my friends for fox girls and lame references…10/10 would buy again”

“Writing this with one hand”

“As a girl, I don’t understand the story.”

“All that text made it rather hard to focus on the ample plot devices; still, there’s an option to turn that off. 8/10″

I played Speedrunners with nbnt and one of his friends, man that game is freaking intense(AND FUN!). I lost the first few rounds but when I got the hang of it I won 3 times in a row(cause I'm a beast >:D)! gonna play more of that later.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I played Speedrunners with nbnt and one of his friends, man that game is freaking intense(AND FUN!). I lost the first few rounds but when I got the hang of it I won 3 times in a row(cause I'm a beast >:D)! gonna play more of that later.

Yeah, SpeedRunners is great. You and nbnt are really good at it.

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah I watched the game on Dunders Stream and it looks pretty neat. Kinda like a dustforce speedrunner but multiplayer and the power to troll and screw with the other player. I love all these 4 player Indie games recently like this, Broforce, Abyss Odyssey, etc.

Hey GAF. Man I missed an entire morning and afternoon. Been away :(

Anyway, what did I missed?

All you missed was horrific Waifu Showers. Don't go back lol

EDIT: OH dammmn just came up on a Foil for Sir You Are Being Hunter! It's the gamekeeper :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can anyone who is online and has me on their friends list already send me a trade offer (not a request to trade, an offline trade offer -> as in click my profile, More -> Offer a trade)?

Parameters:
- Offer me two items (I don't care what it is--if you have a 20% off coupon for some turd game or an emote you hate, that'll do). Please don't send anything of value.
- If there's a text field in the trade off, just fill it out with gibberish. If it lets you put multiple lines of text, please put multiple lines of text.
- Don't ask for anything from my account in return.

I need two trade requests, one of which I'll reject, the other of which I will accept. If I accept you request I will send a trade offer to give you back the items, I just want to test something out.

Thanks. I'll delete this post when I've gotten two offers.

Hugstable

Banned
Can anyone who is online and has me on their friends list already send me a trade offer (not a request to trade, an offline trade offer -> as in click my profile, More -> Offer a trade)?

Parameters:
- Offer me two items (I don't care what it is--if you have a 20% off coupon for some turd game or an emote you hate, that'll do). Please don't send anything of value.
- If there's a text field in the trade off, just fill it out with gibberish. If it lets you put multiple lines of text, please put multiple lines of text.

I need two trade requests, one of which I'll reject, the other of which I will accept. If I accept you request I will send a trade offer to give you back the items, I just want to test something out.

Just added you and sent a trade offer of 2 25% off Pixel Piracy to test.

Just finished Stacking. Impressions:

The graphics: Very cute. It's all based on toys and small household objects. All the characters are matryoshka dolls, backgrounds have things like matches and playing cards strewn about.
The story: Very charming. Industrial-revolution-era setting with characters who do various industrial revolution things (like "black lung cough.") Cutscenes are presented like a silent movie (albeit with some colour,) complete with title cards for dialogue. Characters in-game have changing dialogue depending who you use to speak to them, which was a nice touch.
The gameplay: Pretty fun. The objective is to find characters with various abilities to solve puzzles, "stack" inside them, and go solve the puzzles. Some puzzles involve forming a stack of three or more characters that are similar in some way. By endgame you can form a stack of seven characters. Overall the puzzles aren't too terribly tough. Puzzles can be solved in more ways than one, anywhere from 3 to 6, allowing you to replay the puzzle several times and encouraging experimentation. The characters don't move as fast as you'd like, which is one downside, especially as the later levels get much larger.
The music: Silent-movie-style piano keeps everything thematic.
The length: Ten hours. To 100% everything. Including the DLC. And that's with characters that move too slow. If you just solve every puzzle one way to get through the story, you'd probably be looking at 3. Maybe less.
The verdict: It's a good, well-put-together, easy-on-the-eyes puzzle game with the length of a point-and-click adventure. Find a price point where that's worth it to you, and get it.

Ozium

Parameters:

i sent you two tf2 crates

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Your avatar is horrifying.

image.php

It's beautiful.

reading some reviews for Sakura Spirit

Didn't even include the best one.

Staying at home trying to pick up a kemo-..kemonomimi waifu...
Cat grills wi-...with shi-...shiney bodies.... clean....
Outside is unsafe, grills have germs ...
Mu..s..t stay home. Home safe....
Staying home trying to fi-..fi-..find pure 2D love...
wi..th no germs from gri-... grills.

What am I doing....

They changed the wishlist banner image. :(

I guess it was a bit nsfw.

I'm gonna miss that banner :/
Wish me luck GAF, I am setting out a goal. I am going to play and complete

header_292x136.jpg

Claire

header_292x136.jpg

Whispering Willows

Off to get set-up to play, will come back with impressions later.

Looking forward to these two in particular.

All you missed was horrific beautiful Waifu Showers. Don't go back lol

Fixed that for you :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks to Hugstable, Ozium, and liezryou, all of whom sent different types of item, which will be great for trying to figure out how item types are encoded and the best way for me to be able to read them. :)

Thanks to Hugstable, Ozium, and liezryou, all of whom sent different types of item, which will be great for trying to figure out how item types are encoded and the best way for me to be able to read them. :)
So... I'm assuming some kind of addition to ModBot where you just send him the goods and he gifts them out after a raffle or something? I dunno, I may be reaching a bit much here.

Are you planning on making an account for Modbot where we can send gift/items/whatever and he post it here?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So... I'm assuming some kind of addition to ModBot where you just send him the goods and he gifts them out after a raffle or something? I dunno, I may be reaching a bit much here.

Are you planning on making an account for Modbot where we can send gift/items/whatever and he post it here?

It's nothing yet, I'm just trying to understand mechanically how trade offers work to make a trade bot because I want a programming project over the next month or so hahaha. How or if it gets integrated into ModBot is undecided. My first stab is just going to be a naive TrashBot style "I will accept anything you offer me but otherwise don't do anything" bot. Long term if I was happy with my understanding of how Valve does trades I'd probably be willing to look into more in-depth stuff like being able to gift stuff to ModBot, have him PM you the post code for the gifts, and have the winners automatically get a trade offer on Steam. But consider that wishful thinking, I have an international move coming up shortly and my availability will be poor, so I don't think I have quite enough time to do it all from scratch to that level this year. Who knows.

Unfortunately market bots are banned because I'd really like to make an arbitrage trading bot--it'd be pretty easy to scan the market to look for items whose best buy offer is significantly below the average trading price, then make a best buyer offer and extract profit by buying the item when someone accidentally misprices it and then selling at the market average. With the buy order system it's not even difficult to do--with the first-come first-serve buy orders there were a bunch of performance considerations. But when buy orders you don't even need to be especially efficient, just routinely skim off the market. But again they're banned, so that's a no-go.

liezryou

It's nothing yet, I'm just trying to understand mechanically how trade offers work to make a trade bot because I want a programming project over the next month or so hahaha. How or if it gets integrated into ModBot is undecided. My first stab is just going to be a naive TrashBot style "I will accept anything you offer me but otherwise don't do anything" bot. Long term if I was happy with my understanding of how Valve does trades I'd probably be willing to look into more in-depth stuff like being able to gift stuff to ModBot, have him PM you the post code for the gifts, and have the winners automatically get a trade offer on Steam. But consider that wishful thinking, I have an international move coming up shortly and my availability will be poor, so I don't think I have quite enough time to do it all from scratch to that level this year. Who knows.

Unfortunately market bots are banned because I'd really like to make an arbitrage trading bot--it'd be pretty easy to scan the market to look for items whose best buy offer is significantly below the average trading price, then make a best buyer offer and extract profit by buying the item when someone accidentally misprices it and then selling at the market average. With the buy order system it's not even difficult to do--with the first-come first-serve buy orders there were a bunch of performance considerations. But when buy orders you don't even need to be especially efficient, just routinely skim off the market. But again they're banned, so that's a no-go.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigbot/

This is a trading bot. It buys and sells earbuds on command at listed prices. It even matches your offer if you overpay according to the current ref/key value. Maybe some research on it would help.

Also don't make that bot lol. There was a dude who lost 10k+ worth of items because he used a steam market bot XD. (I assume he made a shitton more though)

Turfster

Thanks for the impressions. I really should get back to this one. I think I "played" 5 minutes of it (or just watched the opening cutscene). Now that I know it's pretty short, I'll definitely give it another go.

Stacking is pretty great.
The DLC... less so, sadly.
(Or maybe I was just suffering from Stacking fatigue, since I pretty much mainlined it)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigbot/

This is a trading bot. It buys and sells earbuds on command at listed prices. It even matches your offer if you overpay according to the current ref/key value. Maybe some research on it would help.

Yeah there's quite a few bots out there that use the trade system. All of the card exchange bots, obviously. I'm not looking at anything too fancy, I don't want to profit off anyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom