• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
fuck that nightmare fuel of a thread.

Hey, it gave us a good reaction gif at least.

zTamUji.gif

dot

#1: DunderHassan
#2: KenOD
#3: Vazduh
#4: Relax.MX
#5: PrematureQuiche
#6: freshVeggie
#7: derbene
#8: Sajjaja
#9:
#10:

Dunder pls, I was one of the first to reply...

Also I tried to add you on steam but it says error.

why am i not on this list

I responded before Quiche :|

Chariot

What the hell is going on with your avatar?
Visitors.
But I agree... I should change that soon, it creeps me out too.
Hey, it gave us a good reaction gif at least.

http://i.imgur.com/zTamUji.gif
Never fails to crack me up and scare me at the same time.
Well at least you draw the line somewhere when it comes to creepy.
What is that supposed to mean? I am a pervert, not a monster.

Dr Dogg

I don't get Shovel Knight.

What makes people like it so much?

Is it just because of the nostalgia or does the game do something really well?

While there's definitely a nostalgia factor there for me (it reminds me of MegaMan, Castlvania, Zelda 2, DuckTales, Rescue Rangers etc) it doesn't feel like it's just taking a bunch of concepts from old games and mashing them together like previous retro-style games or straight up remakes. There's nothing pointing and saying 'look, look this part is just like Castlevania. You pogo around like Scrooge McDuck. The boss arenas are like MegaMan' which is what other games aping the 8bit vibe sadly do where as Shovel Knight, while borrowing elements from other games, makes them its own.

It's got it's own charm in its artstyle, the interactions between characters. The music is an especially high point as while it's in the same midi tracks you'd associate with NES games it has it's own riff that goes with the levels perfectly.

I do think from the people leaving impression in the OT and from in here that being a fan of 8bit NES classics is a main draw and it's not a particularly hard or challenging game (despite my faffing about above) but it has a fun factor in spades. And yes that was a totally unintentional pun.

L.O.R.D

Bored as hell, 2 hours left before Brazil - Netherlands, let's have a competition.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Top 3 winners win a game, I don't know what game, might be shit games, bundle games or whatever, I can't bother listing them or so right now.

#9: Deques
#10: Ruruja
oh, why i am not in the list?

-MD-

We're on sale today woo! Steam Workshop in beta testing finally too woooo!!!

SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA

...I've been rewatching Dexter... MAN IT GETS BAD TOWARD THE END

Dexter was just awful in the last few seasons lol.

Did that game do well for you guys?

Edit: Looked it up and saw that it turned a profit a year ago, cool.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I've got a question about the M&M promotion. I just won, but I could only claim the "on demand" option, so I couldn't get a prepaid card. Is there any way to fix that?

Turfster

Hey, I've got a question about the M&M promotion. I just won, but I could only claim the "on demand" option, so I couldn't get a prepaid card. Is there any way to fix that?
Good times are over.
All those people getting 50 6$ cards ruined it for everyone else =p

Good lord. Why did I even ask?
No.
Also: people, learn to strip images and gifs from quotes.

I loved ecstatica in all its weirdo oval rendering goodness.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Bored as hell, 2 hours left before Brazil - Netherlands, let's have a competition.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Top 3 winners win a game, I don't know what game, might be shit games, bundle games or whatever, I can't bother listing them or so right now.

#9: Deques
#10: Ruruja

Speedrunners:

Win 1 single level against me (3x wins).

#2: Kiru
#3: Iosefe
#4: Daedalos42

If we dont fill the spots in 50 mins, competition ends. We'll play the game which have all spots filled first. (who knows though, might be able to do both)

Sonic Racing is so good.

Kanokare

WTF @ DAT SHOWR HED o_O

Well, time to edit some videos. I think I'm gonna splice some of them up so it's shorter. Keep all the good and funny moments. I also gotta download the demo for whatever Huguu~able was doing. Something about
reloading in front of the enemy and getting away with it?

Hugstable

Banned
WTF @ DAT SHOWR HED o_O

Well, time to edit some videos. I think I'm gonna splice some of them up so it's shorter. Keep all the good and funny moments. I also gotta download the demo for whatever Huguu~able was doing. Something about
reloading in front of the enemy and getting away with it?

I hope you kept the part where you asked for the bomb and I threw every weapon and grenade I had at you lol.

Volimar

OMG I JUST WATCHED THAT VIDEO AT WORK AND NOW I GOT FIRED WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SAY IT WAS NSFW!?!?!!?

Every indoor pool scene reminds me of Let The Right One In...

Or Gremlins...

Chariot

OMG I JUST WATCHED THAT VIDEO AT WORK AND NOW I GOT FIRED WHY DIDN'T ANYONE SAY IT WAS NSFW!?!?!!?

Every indoor pool scene reminds me of Let The Right One In...

Or Gremlins...
I hope your reacted by punching your boss in the face and now writing this post on his computer.

DaveOshry

Dexter was just awful in the last few seasons lol.

Did that game do well for you guys?

Edit: Looked it up and saw that it turned a profit a year ago, cool.

YEP. Done better than we ever expected TBH. And we still have a small, strange and very active community one year later. And we're still putting out updates - and working on other things of course!

Also this: http://youtu.be/8thLBifx1ZE

^__^

I also just helped put out The Red Solstice on Steam. And it's kicking ass. Check it. 40% off during Early Access

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265590/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom