• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
poor brasil

wth

tvl6ulela15bniqamphf.gif

I've never worked in an office environment before so I don't know how things generally work. Lol. Though the rules I've been given sound pretty anal, but there you go.

My suggestion would be to take it easy at first. You don't want your boss to roll around and see you in the WaifuGAF thread. That could get awkward fast.

Nabs

I hope Abyss Odyssey feels good with an arcade stick. It definitely looks like something I could get into.

I just got back from playing dead space 3 with my bro for the first time. Oh my god what a piece of garbage. The prologue was good, very Dead Space like, but then you play as Isaac and all of a sudden I'm in a 3rd person action shooter. Fuck that game man, uninstalled it after chapter 2. What a fuck you to the fans of the original 2 -_- If you enjoyed the first two don't waste your time with the 3rd.

Disagree. Had enough fun playing with a random co-op partner that we played through 2-3 times in a row. Even bought the SLC chapter.

It's a great Co-Op game, not a great horror game.

True. It's not as tense as the first two games but it has it's moments.

Damn, that Injustice grand final was good.

I wanna double dip on the pc version now. :)

Why wouldn't you anyway? What a bad FGC member you are.

Will watch, I'm still not sure if I want AO. Or what kind of game it is exactly.

2d side scrolling combat focused rogue-like dungeon crawler.

That link? You guys talking about the Lovecraftian French music video or the NeoGAF Shower Head topic? On my side, I thought both were fascinating.

Your avatar is horrifying.

Save me a spot phoenix!

And you better have enough energy afterward to play Payday 2!

GIMME THE LOOT GIMME THE LOOT I'M A BAD BAD MAN

Whew, had a bit of a rough time with the 3 harpies fight in Ys Oath. Would knock out one and try to get the other two low so I could kill the last one off quickly with low health, kept screwing up though. At least I got through it, now on to more torture.

ybOJAVA.jpg

Nabs

Whew, had a bit of a rough time with the 3 harpies fight in Ys Oath. Would knock out one and try to get the other two low so I could kill the last one off quickly with low health, kept screwing up though. At least I got through it, now on to more torture.

ybOJAVA.jpg

Are you talking about the fight up in the mountains? I had to take a walk after that.

pKSlqny.png

What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome!

When we are playing: Estimate Time
http://secondapps.com/countdown/t1405218600z4.png[/img[/QUOTE]

Shame that's 3.30am here, I'd have been up for that.

Arthea

Anybody doing Rise of the Triad 4pack? I would like in, if done not on my side of the globe.
not sure I'll play it too, but still tempting

MadGear

Man, my friends are currently making fun of me because i felt bad for accepting a trade offer by someone who mistakingly asked for an old Dota 2 player card instead of a current one -.- I even added him as a friend to return the card to him but he didn't want to.

€: He had an Alpaca avatar, how could i not have felt bad about this ? :(

dot

That looks fun!! \o/

Why are they in cars?

Because they were all tired of using their feet.

I'm watching that Abyss Odyssey stream right now....it looks okay. I think i need to play it myself though to really form an opinion

multitwitch.tv is the best thing ever, i'm watching KOF and Blazblue and Abyss all at the same time. XD

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Then you might also enjoy this.

Shhh, I get the guy is making a joke but that's just kind of weird. The other two are interesting because the Shower Room Head is unique and creepy, but also gave me vibes of the Giallo horror film, Deep Red. There's no creepy mannequin showerheads, but there are various dolls in that film and a scene of a woman trying to escape a killer in her house who has hung dolls around from the ceiling via rope and she escapes into a restroom, where the killer uses scorching hot water from the shower head to burn her. Movie had a creepy doll theme with the killer.

And the Lovecraftian French music video just has a fairly pleasant song matched with a fun little animated Lovecraft-inspired tale, but animated French horror fascinates me as they often depict just twisted things, but in such a way that it is hard to look away from and honestly rather awesome.

A weird comparison, but the music video made me think of a animated French horror film I saw, which was Fears of the Dark. Particularly the short in the film about the little girl and the doctor.

Your avatar is horrifying.

What do you have against Alpacas?

Arthea

I still don't understand why would you watch stream of the game you might play one day. Makes no sense to me.

Also can someone remind me, when new account is created, it is locked from market at start, it still can trade, yes?

Mono

That water level in Shovel Knight, omg.

lBAzLw4.gif

I think I died about 100+ times before I made it to the boss. I don't know why that level in particular was giving me so much trouble!

Shovel Knight is 11/10, by the way. SO GOOD.

liezryou

On this episode of "The musings of a russian steam trader"

3:26 AM - <Russian Trader>: i wish they released capitalism lab on steam
3:26 AM - <Russian Trader>: instant buy

AHAHAHA, Want democracy much?

dot

I still don't understand why would you watch stream of the game you might play one day. Makes no sense to me.

??? I wanna see how it plays.... I don't see what's so weird about that.

I wouldn't watch something that is spoiler-y though, like say the story campaign for a game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Also can someone remind me, when new account is created, it is locked from market at start, it still can trade, yes?

I wouldn't do it either, but some people like to experience games or take a peak or the like. I stream a lot so I've come to understand the reasoning more.

I think you are locked from a lot of things, I'm no expert but I think trading is allowed since the other party has to agree to the exchange.

That's not an Alpaca, it's the absence of hope encased in a white mane.

My friend made this for my birthday in quick 3D modelling;

FACE.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

There wasn't enough media of the game so the stream is the best to watch the gameplay better. I'm not watching everything and I know when I had enough. It doesn't affect my experience like other people I suppose

Mono

I just like to take a quick peek at the non-trailer gameplay to see if it still looks interesting!

Arthea

??? I wanna see how it plays.... I don't see what's so weird about that.

I wouldn't watch something that is spoiler-y though, like say the story campaign for a game.

I don't like even trailers (gameplay ones too) as they reveal too much often. Watching stream is sure way for me to stop being interested in the game.
OTOH I can watch streams of games I played just fine, it just that I hate spoilers with passion and my understanding of spoilers is vast as Atlantic ocean.

I just like to take a quick peek at the non-trailer gameplay to see if it still looks interesting!

Pretty much. If it's not a story based game, what's the harm? Watch a bunch of Spelunky to see of you think it looks like fun before you buy it. Makes sense to me.

Arthea

Pretty much. If it's not a story based game, what's the harm? Watch a bunch of Spelunky to see of you think it looks like fun before you buy it. Makes sense to me.

what's the point playing something when you already know what's ahead, story or gameplay, makes no difference, for me that is.
Not knowing what am I getting into it's the best way for me, hardly possible these days.

Spoilers
game has ending credits

skipable or not? and how long?
that's very important!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom