• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eanan

Was just in the best lobby ever there for payday 2.

Me and another low ranked guy, and two other max levels (IV-100 or whatever its called).

The two max level guys had the matches on the max difficulty and longest days. They did everything themselves and we just idled. They told us to idle. Was getting millions per match and ranked up super quick. Eventually had to quit as id be flying through the ranks and sort of ruining the game on myself.

It was crazy and quick and easy they sneaked in and secured the banks/locations.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This is just an idea, and probably not even a good one, but would a BUNDLETRASH Modbot command be feasible? Something that would prevent a giveaway from counting against the winner's NOWINNERSDAILY or NOWINNERSWEEKLY status? Like, it'd be completely at the giver's discretion to use, of course, but the idea would be that it wouldn't be used for something like a Witcher 3/Divinity: OS giveaway, but for literal bundle trash. I've just heard a few people lament that it sucks being excluded from a really good giveaway because they entered for some bundle trash game that looked interesting, and maybe there should be some kind of distinction between Faerie Solitare and Dark Souls II. And of course there'd still be the global throttle there to discourage people from entering for anything and everything. Again, I dunno, just an idea.

Turfster

I've just heard a few people lament that it sucks being excluded from a really good giveaway because they entered for some bundle trash game that looked interesting,

Alternative, people don't have to sign up for every give away, especially for 2$ bundle "trash", as they put it.
Also, being 'included' doesn't mean you win =p

Thinking about replaying the Dragon Age games on PC, my saves are on the PS3 unfortunately and I want to play Inquisition on the PC and not the PS4. I played Mass Effect 3 on the 360 because you have the same character throughout and the choices you made matter more going into 3. Don't remember Dragon Age II changing all too much, some of the history books would adapt which was neat and some of the characters in quests would change depending on who lived/who you supported. Not sure whether I'll try to recreate my actions or just go for an entirely new playstyle. Hard to say how much it'll matter until Inquisition comes out I suppose.

Interested to see how the first game holds up as I remember loving it to death, especially the history system at the beginning when you create your character. II obviously has a ton of issues but I didn't despise it like many. Fun story to go through, even if the way it handles blood magic and playing as a mage in general really silly.

Edit: Are there any mods/textures packs for the games like with Mass Effect?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alternative, people don't have to sign up for every give away, especially for 2$ bundle "trash", as they put it.
Also, being 'included' doesn't mean you win =p

I know they don't "have" to sign up for every giveaway. Which is why I mentioned the global throttle still being a factor. I don't understand the second line of your post, though. I just feel like there should be a difference between "take this crap I don't want from the Bundlestars bundle I just bought" and an actual "contest" giveaway for stuff people actually want, stuff that could be considered "prizes" like Divinity and Witcher 3 (I'm just using those as examples, my PC would die trying to run either :lol).

Turfster

I know they don't "have" to sign up for every giveaway. Which is why I mentioned the global throttle still being a factor. I don't understand the second line of your post, though.
I just mean that I hardly sign up for giveaways except the "big" ones that actually interest me, and I basically won Cth's <$10 game after almost 50 days of not winning a thing ;)

In my mind, there should be no difference between signing up for a 1$ bundle game and a 100$ new AAA game. It's a raffle. You're basically taking a gamble, so if you can't pace yourself and leave a chance for a future giveaway of something you want, you only have yourself to blame.
It's not like buying a 2-5$ bundle yourself to keep open the chance of winning one of the bigger 100$ giveaway is such a great hardship.

liezryou

Is there a GAF thread for hardware? I'm getting some serious lag while playing some steam games and even while steam trading sometimes. I need some help setting up QoS on a shitty router.

Turfster

Can someone tell me about the throttle? I heard about it but not detailed.
In 10 words: if you win often, your chances drop for a while.

That's not really the point behind my suggestion, but I'll just say that yes, for some of us, it actually really is.

But are the people that are complaining the loudest about "losing a chance because of bundle trash" the ones that have that problem? Somehow, I don't think so.

iosefe

win too much, you get a period of not being able to win. as the days pass, and wins exit the time period, the throttle time shortens and then you can start winning again

did i say that right, Stump?

*edit* oooh, time to plug SpeedRunners again!

Jawmuncher

Stopped at the last boss for LP3 so I could go see the new apes movie. Will beat that tonight but I wonder what I'll play after it. Sucks I can't look at my game categories while on mobile.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If you win too many HOT games in too short a period, Modbot comes to your house and 'throttles' you until you stop winning. And breathing.

Lomax

You can't win from modbot too often. It starts at every 15 minutes and goes up depending on how many recent wins. Win way too much and you're locked out entirely for a while. Stump says it rarely affects anyone significantly.

I think the one that more people lament is a common rule is "haven't won in the last 24 hours" and if you picked up some bundle trash prior you aren't eligible for that game. Quite frankly it's silly to worry about that because all the large giveaways have 100-200 entries each, so it's not like there would have been much chance anyway. Not to mention most of those giveaways are 24 hour raffles, which means you have time for your lockout to reset.

Personally I rarely enter major giveaways and generally only pick up bundle trash games that went through a raffle time with no takers. I figure at that point anyone who really wanted it had a chance. It seems like some weeks I suck up a bunch of games and then I go months without taking anything.

Hey GAF, we need 1 more for Payday 2, anyone? I got Hug and 40oz

....after seeing you guys playing Payday 2 I've decided I now need to get Payday 2 and join in

edit : double. shit.

Is there a GAF thread for hardware? I'm getting some serious lag while playing some steam games and even while steam trading sometimes. I need some help setting up QoS on a shitty router.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835397

You can try there. I haven't had a ton of luck, but it's worth a shot.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It makes sense for it to happen. I see no issue with it. Learn when to enter giveaways instead of entering for everything you see.

Oh absolutely. To be clear, I have zero issue with the global throttle. I think it's great. If you win a whole bunch of stuff in a relatively short time frame, then yeah, there should definitely be a cooling off period where you can't win anything. But say you haven't entered for anything in a week, two weeks, a month, whatever. Then you enter for some $1 bundle game because eh, why not, then later in the day someone gives away some awesome game you'd really like. That's just shitty luck/bad timing, yes, but still, it sucks. :lol Like I said, I wouldn't want a BUNDLETRASH command to override or affect the global throttle in any way whatsoever. Just NOWINNERSDAILY and NOWINNERSWEEKLY.

But anyway, that's the last I'll say on it. Like I said, was just an idea.

Stopped at the last boss for LP3 so I could go see the new apes movie. Will beat that tonight but I wonder what I'll play after it. Sucks I can't look at my game categories while on mobile.

What do you think of Lost Planet 3 so far?

I'm interested to hear this also. I've seen a few gaffers say that the story was enjoyable but that it was held back by the gameplay. I picked up LP1 during the sale because I remember having fun playing it on a friends xbox a long time ago, I was mostly impressed by the scale of the fights and the trekking through the snow.

Tizoc

I'm interested to hear this also. I've seen a few gaffers say that the story was enjoyable but that it was held back by the gameplay. I picked up LP1 during the sale because I remember having fun playing it on a friends xbox a long time ago, I was mostly impressed by the scale of the fights and the trekking through the snow.

LP3's gameplay/combat is servicable, nothing amazing but nothing too bad. It's story and everything else is pretty good though.
To quote Mark of Classic Game Room "It's more Aliens than Aliens: CM."

Shepard

Man I'm on a roll, In the last 2 months I finished Child of Light, Transistor and Max: the Curse of Brotherhood. If I keep this pace I'll be able to get rid of my backlog in 2080. Woot

Jawmuncher

What do you think of Lost Planet 3 so far?

Considering I'm at the end I'll give everything up to that point no spoilers of course. First off the port is great. Though its a UE3 game so if the port was bad that would be a bigger problem. As for the game itself the story is indeed the best part. The games major issues is that its slow and the gameplay while it works fine isn't anything special or has anything separating it from other TPS. Still I would say it worth a play if you're a fan of TPS and stories. If recommend buying at a sale price and playing on easy though.

Lastly its a prequel to LP1 and playing it before or after that game wouldn't be a issue do to how different it is. But I do enjoy the western asthetic it has compared to LP1s Japanese roots. Since its nice to see it from a new perspective.

All in all this is another third party capcom game that isn't all that bad. As long as you go in knowing what to expect. If you want the crazy grappling and antics if LP1 and 2 it's not here.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
large.gif

Hail The Bestest Gamer

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HELL NO LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hugstable

Banned
No failure today in Payday 2 felt great, passed every mission really well. Almost at level 50 also! :D

EDIT: AHHHH WAIFU SHOWER ABOVE ME NOOOO

rtcn63

I know this is partly hypocritical, but please lay off the creepy gifs, including pewdie or whoever that is. Most disturbing of all.

Jawmuncher

How is that game?

Easily the best Dinosaur game on steam.
Aside from that the MP is fun when you can get a much going. It has players still but it's better to hit the servers at peak times.

You have different classes of humans and dinosaurs that all offer something for different playstyles.

MRORANGE

PC Gaming Threads has been updated:

iOqL2H6ck2rvC.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 2
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread2 of Voiding Warranties
Lez talk mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
PC Drivers for Xbox One controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
Using Sixaxis on your PC
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel

Mods and Enhancements
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2014
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sims
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2014
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2014 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
Steam Trading |OT|
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
Steam Trading Cards
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2014
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition

Post in that thread for a new submission to the list..

Does anyone have any impressions for WARMACHINE: Tactics? It looks up my alley, but the reviews all seem incredibly negative... and that price is mighty high, indeed. I'm especially curious how focused it is on singleplayer vs multiplayer.

Also, that's a great thread, MRORANGE. Thanks for making & maintaining it.

Why are you guys talking about Pewdiepie? I found out about him like last year, I decided to watch one of his videos out of curiosity to see why he was so popular... he wasn't my cup of tea at all. The video actually annoyed me >.>

Mozendo

Why are you guys talking about Pewdiepie? I found out about him like last year, I decided to watch one of his videos out of curiosity to see why he was so popular... he wasn't my cup of tea at all. The video actually annoyed me >.>

He's handsome, and his type of humor are for sophisticated people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom