• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 420 games on my wishlist

Barbie is not one of them

46248-Dr-cox-Scrubs-deal-with-it-gif-JkyG.gif

To be fair, I have a perfectly legit reason for having it there. My girlfriend hates the idea of it with a passion and nothing would piss her off more than to see me enjoying that game.

Chariot

I'd like some fighting game nights. Though the only fighting games i have are MK9, MK Kollection, and Skullgirls... I haven't tried 100% Orange Juice yet though, is it good/fun?
People want to kill each other after or during a game.

It's fun.

BadRamen

Holy shit, this in home streaming is BOSS! Took an ancient laptop (ATI Radeon 200m with some sort of AMD64 processor and a WHOLE ONE GIGABYTEZ of RAAAM) and shoot I was like a kid in a candy store playing some L4D2 and Bioshock Infinite on it. Need to get my host computer on a wired connection but this is fantastic!

Turfster

The GMG Deus Ex sale is now live, 75% off everything.

Also, apparently the "free GOG game" Curse deal in the current Humble bundle expired.

Shadows on the Vatican act 1 keys added to the groupees KISS 2 bundle.

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405294200z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome! New! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group. You will receive a notification through Steam as to when we are starting. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
At the designated time I will make another post here announcing that we are starting. Add me as a friend on steam and through the main menu join the same game that I am in at that time.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.

AsylumX

The GMG Deus Ex sale is now live, 75% off everything.

Also, apparently the "free GOG game" Curse deal in the current Humble bundle expired.

Shadows on the Vatican act 1 keys added to the groupees KISS 2 bundle.

Finally, I can get the Missing Link for 1.74 and with GMG credit...

Hugstable

Banned
pKSlqny.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1405294200z4.png

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.

You should add Unreal Tournament 2k4 to the list :p

Turfster

Daily Warlock II 50% off

New Humble Store Dailies
  • Space Hulk 75% off
  • Tower of Guns 60% off
  • Doorways 1 & 2 80% off
  • Arcadecraft 50% off
  • Windforge 33% off
  • Mirrormoon EP 50% off
  • Consortium 50% off
  • Card City Nights 75% off
  • Capsised 75% off
  • Fist of Awsesome 40% off
  • Dungeon Dashers 33% off

Strider

I voted Dota 2 for next week. It's free so anyone can join and in a casual environment dota is incredibly fun. the people constantly bitching in chat is what ruins the fun most of the time.

Is that the name of a thing? I can already imagine the horror

It didn't look back from what I've seen. It's more of a digital tour of Japan with optional (?) dating sim stuff.

I don't know myself though because I gave away my won copy to the GAF user dot who then went on to receive an obscene amount of awesome games shortly thereafter

dot

Who voted for Dota 2? Gross.

It's all about Skullgirls and Speedrunners and 100% Orange Juice. And maybe that Garry's Mod thing.

these are my suggestions for the Other category

MayMay

Banned
I voted Dota 2 for next week. It's free so anyone can join and in a casual environment dota is incredibly fun. the people constantly bitching in chat is what ruins the fun most of the time.

That might actually do the trick for me, because that is what's been keeping me from playing Dota 2. I know the ropes, but I just think that a big part of the Dota 2 Community is incredibly toxic - so I never played much.

AHA-Lambda

aha, finished Always Sometimes Monsters. My overall opinion hasn't really changed I'm just glad to see that right at the end of the game a real hard choice actually finally appears!

Will you give up the journal you've been writing all throughout your journey (which will hopefully reignite your failing career) to save the life of your best friend who is now marrying your ex?

Yeah I killed her.

Would be interesting to see how the story can deviate cos I never seen many real instances of choice, at least none that really seemed to matter. And the quotes I've seen from some reviews that intrigued me never panned out, I never seen instances of things like "racism, sexism, homophobia" etc!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Super Platform Deluxe is so good, are Adult Swim games like 4 for 4 on good games released on steam?

Super Platform Deluxe, Super House of Ninjas, Volgarr and now aparently Super Comboman is supposed to be quite good

Ezalc

Who voted for Dota 2? Gross.

It's all about Skullgirls and Speedrunners and 100% Orange Juice. And maybe that Garry's Mod thing.

these are my suggestions for the Other category

I totally did if only because NeoTokyo wasn't an option, and because I don't have any of those other games installed.

BadRamen

So this modbot giveaway I did back in October still has one remaining key:

Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-17B76A2A79362CE4 - Taken by yoshizzle

TAKE IT AWAY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Watching EVO BBCP finals and all I keep thinking is:

"FUCK YOU ARC AND AKSYS, WHY IS THIS NOT ON MY PC?!!!???!!!?"
LLShC.gif

are you ready to cry when Tekken 7 is announced for everything
except PC
?

aku:jiki

The neo versions of the bosses in Rogue Legacy are ridiculous hard.
Had to take a break for now.
They made me give up on it. I've beaten it once and am in NG+, that'll have to be enough. I really hated the forced character idea, it goes against the entire design of the rest of the game.

We should probably start discussion threads in on the the Game Night page for smaller games so we can find players easier. I could make a Payday 2 thread if anyone would be interested? Listing all the people who play so you can easily find others.

Speevy

Banned
Daily Warlock II 50% off

New Humble Store Dailies
  • Space Hulk 75% off
  • Tower of Guns 60% off
  • Doorways 1 & 2 80% off
  • Arcadecraft 50% off
  • Windforge 33% off
  • Mirrormon EP 50% off
  • Consortium 50% off
  • Card City Nights 75% off