• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really need to stop fucking around with multiple games and just finish Wolfenstein, and then Thief (yes yes Thief sucks bro etc) too if possible. Fucking 40gigs each is killing my hdd

edit: this avatar is even more atrocious at work with the lower res since its gigantic >_>

Jawmuncher

I really need to stop fucking around with multiple games and just finish Wolfenstein, and then Thief (yes yes Thief sucks bro etc) too if possible. Fucking 40gigs each is killing my hdd

edit: this avatar is even more atrocious at work with the lower res since its gigantic >_>

I wish you would use a female laharl forever.

Just a heads the the rainmeter steam skin is pretty nice. I know it got posted more than once, but i'm using it now and it's really is nifty. Especially if you're like me and always jumping into your library to launch the same game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In for that, i really need to learn tf2... Having this 250$ hat is quite worthless when i don't actually play it.

I'd probably play heavy anyway, and it's a spy hat

having that $250 hat is worthless even if you play it Mr.Bear

Zeliard

There's another game named The Fall. It is supposedly a much better game than the Deus Ex one though.

I put a couple of hours into The Fall a few days ago. Very neat little science fiction adventure game. Highly reminiscent of The Swapper in its foreboding tone and visual style, albeit a point-and-click with light shooter elements as opposed to a spatial puzzler.

Other differences are that The Fall's story is generally more at the forefront, with various interactions with other characters in contrast to The Swapper's more solitary experience, and the puzzles are more tightly integrated into the storyline relative to Swapper's more discrete puzzle rooms. But as a whole they both strike a very similar moody and thoughtful sci-fi chord, and any fan of science fiction with a philosophical bent would do well to check them out.

Not sure what I did to get love from nbnt, but thank you dude.
3AQmK.gif

Nice!

I'm still trying to figure out how you've played 346hours in the past 2 weeks. Are you a time ninja?

Just ordered a fan controller and a few quiet fans for my computer.

nice. What fans did you go with? I'm still partial to my Cougar Vortex'

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

Information said:
What is this?:
This is a time when SteamGAF can get together to play CS:GO. We will be playing casual matches, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group. You will receive a notification through Steam as to when we are starting. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We are playing public matches through the casual matchmaking system. Due to the limitations of the party system there are only 10 spots available in the party. After the party is full, we will be placed in a public server where anyone can join the game.

How to join us:
We will initially start a lobby of 10 players (party system limitation). Once we start the game, you will be able to join the public server by going into the main menu and right clicking my name to join the game that I am in.

If you cannot get in, I will try to post in this thread when a free spot opens up on the server.

In the future:
If we have enough consistent players, we may consider setting up or renting a server for drop in drop out gaf matches.

Come join us and have fun!

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.

EDIT: Streams off, I get like 500 ping trying to do it lol

Sarcasm

Anybody use tf2 outpost? How the heck do I find what I want and why do things that are cheap seem to require like 6 keys? I tried searching but never finds items even though I found one on main screen...

Also is there a way to get cheaper keys?

L.O.R.D

pKSlqny.png

When we are playing:
We are playing now!

Different game for next week?
I've been thinking of switching the games up next weekend. Same casual enviornment.
Please vote here.
If you have suggestions for another game, PM here on GAF or through Steam. It doesn't have to be a Valve game or even a steam game. However, I will have to look up the logistics of setting it up.

I've also made a NeoGAF Games Night to help better organize this and alert people when we are starting. PM me or anyone in the group on steam for an invite.

My shitty stream if you're interested. Come watch me be bad. (First time trying streaming, excuse the quality)

can you invite me in the group ?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chief_LORD/

liezryou

having that $250 hat is worthless even if you play it Mr.Bear

Debatable sir.

Why haven't you just sold the hat yet and like, buy games with the money?

Because this hat won't depreciate in value. Buying a game and having it rot in my library eventually makes it worthless and immovable.
Also i can't find a buyer

If you are going to suggest playing games... Well then you, sir, are in the wrong thread.

Ventara

Guys, I have a question regarding Team Fortress 2. Is there any way to access the TF2 store without downloading the game, or do you have to download an install it?

See, I just found out that there is a 50 item inventory limit on TF2 items, and you need to buy something from the game store to increase it. I have a download limit, so I'd like to avoid the 14GB download if I can avoid it.

liezryou

Guys, I have a question regarding Team Fortress 2. Is there any way to access the TF2 store without downloading the game, or do you have to download an install it?

See, I just found out that there is a 50 item inventory limit on TF2 items, and you need to buy something from the game store to increase it. I have a download limit, so I'd like to avoid the 14GB download if I can avoid it.

http://store.teamfortress.com/?appid=440

Ozium

not that I know of, but if you do it the best way to upgrade your account to premium is to buy a giftapult, it costs 10 cents

Are there even good VNs? I expect them to be inherently bad.

I think the 999 games spin a fun tale, even if they get a bit silly. Some clever twists. In the particular subset Sakura Spirit belongs to, Katawa Shouja is surprisingly sweet and realistic about teenage drama despite the unrealistic setting. Can't say I've played many. Will probably try Danganronpa at some point for the sexy dancing bear.

Sakura Spirit just seems useless. The writing is bad and you barely even get good spank material if that's what you're into.

Shadownet

Banned
Everybody playing should stream. Then we can have stream-ception where players are streaming other streamers.

Someone could set up a wall of monitors/TVs and watch them all, like an evil super-villain. And stream that, too.

Lol my internet is crap. It's amazing that I can talk to you guys everyday!

Mono

Are there even good VNs? I expect them to be inherently bad.

Katawa Shoujo is surprisingly great! VNs without waifus as well.

I think the 999 games spin a fun tale, even if they get a bit silly. Some clever twists. In the particular subset Sakura Spirit belongs to, Katawa Shouja is surprisingly sweet and realistic about teenage drama despite the unrealistic setting. Can't say I've played many. Will probably try Danganronpa at some point for the sexy dancing bear.

Sakura Spirit just seems useless. The writing is bad and you barely even get good spank material if that's what you're into.

Danganronpa is excellent, even though it certainly has its flaws. It's the darkness of the 999 games combined with the ridiculousness and mystery-solving of the newest Phoenix Wright game. It's a lot of fun! The fan translation is really, really good.

Rhaknar

what time is it?

edit: lol wrong thread, oh well

Hugstable

Banned

Daganronpa is worth it, and it's more than just a visual novel as you actually explore the school while in first person mode, and the whole Courtroom sequences have their own unique minigames. You should definitely get playing on it, and it's a bit closer to Phoenix Wright than a traditional visual novel. I found it really fun though, and the characters make the game pretty fun if you enjoy them. All this Visual Novel talk just makes me want more quality Visual Novels on Steam all the more.

ok so How to Survive can get fucked.

Literally on the last quest, but fuck that. It's basically horde mode where enemies generally move faster than you do and you have no where to go. Awesome.

Might be deleting this before the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom