• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought people were talking about the indie adventure game"The Fall" at one point as well lol. I was like "I thought that was supposed to be pretty good :/"

tylerf

Hello GAF. It's the start of another great day at work. Sunday night I think it might be quiet enough to allow me to play some Cook Serve Delicious without being interrupted :)

Tellaerin

I haven't been following, but there is a good chance people are just referring to the new updated version. It's essentially a step back from the vanilla edition as it uses an older version of the engine with bugs reappearing all over again.

I could've sworn someone here (I want to say JaseC, but don't quote me on that) said they had updated the Director's Cut to a later build of the engine. If I'm not misremembering, that would go a long way toward making the DC the definitive version it was meant to be.

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder if the WiiU GameCube adapter will ever be compatible with PC.

71M404KvsxL._SX522_.jpg

Possible, someone just has to make a driver. Someone made a driver for the original xbox controller and it works pretty well.

I am sure modders will come to the rescue.
I suspect someone who's way better at driver-writing than me will do it pretty quickly.

However, if there's still no Windows driver 6 months after this adapter releases, someone PM me and remind me of this post, and I'll certainly try to do it myself.

Cheddahz

Banned
Wolf Among Us is damn good. Definitely going to look into reading the comics after this. Only 2 episodes to go.

I haven't played it since the first episode (the long wait really killed it for me), but since they're all out now, I should probably go ahead and complete it!

JustinBB7

I'm also gonna read the fable comics after playing Wolf Among Us, such an awesome game.

Also I'm kinda interested in Sakura Spirit, might get it when its a bit cheaper.

Wolf Among Us is damn good. Definitely going to look into reading the comics after this. Only 2 episodes to go.

I got into the comics after playing the game and I confirm that it is well worth it. Although getting into it can be pretty expensive. I recommend getting the deluxe editions, they're pricey but well worth it with tons of cool extras that fill in the story.

The thing with the deluxe editions is they only go up to issue 75 and there's 8 deluxe editions with the ninth coming out next month. The series is supposedly going to end at issue 150.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Guys. Can we remove the IMG tag if we're going to quote the shit out of it?

That's why we should all put pictures in
tags, unless it's the only thing in the post.

Don't do it.
It's arse.

Really? Sakura Spirit thanked me for reading?
You should be apologising to me, game =p

Also, I'm pretty sure one of the paths you can choose after the only choice in the game is broken, switching to the same path halfway as the other side.
Shame on everyone.

I don't think it's broken at all. I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be :p

Also I'm kinda interested in Sakura Spirit, might get it when its a bit cheaper.

Bundle/75% off or bust.

Uzzy

Really hoping for second season of The Wolf Among Us. Absolutely adored the film noir atmosphere in the game, and I rather preferred it to The Walking Dead.

Turfster

I really think that they didn't expect people to actually read anything. They know the audience just wants to ogle.

Even then, there's only one choice in the game, and as far as I can see, it's broken.

I don't think it's broken at all. I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be :p
Nope. Picking it unlocks new images in the gallery, but those didn't actually show up in-game for me =p

What are some good dating sim/waifu games on Steam? Sakura Spirit sounds awful, and I'd hate for its popularity to give people the wrong impression of the genre

If an H-game from like 1985 can have this level of production, then there's no reason to put up with this mess.

Grief.exe

Really hoping for second season of The Wolf Among Us. Absolutely adored the film noir atmosphere in the game, and I rather preferred it to The Walking Dead.

Sounds great, I'll probably be starting my play through soon enough.

I suspect someone who's way better at driver-writing than me will do it pretty quickly.

However, if there's still no Windows driver 6 months after this adapter releases, someone PM me and remind me of this post, and I'll certainly try to do it myself.

Sounds like a deal.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guise, I'm about to get the Humble Bundle, but I already own Spec Ops: The Line and Mafia 2, is there any way for me to gift them?

Edit: Oh my god Gamecube controller for Dolphin, finally.

Guise, I'm about to get the Humble Bundle, but I already own Spec Ops: The Line and Mafia 2, is there any way for me to gift them?

There should be a gift icon you can click on next to each game once you purchase the bundle. You can then send the link to whomever you want.

I might be thinking of indiegala though. Pretty sure it works similarly for HB. Redeem on Steam, or send as gift.

JustinBB7

Wow, ok. That sounds pretty bad then.

I just finished a game that had a lot of choices and a lot of stuff to do.
Princess Trainer
and content aside, the game was really fun to play. I told a female friend about it and even she finished the game lol.

I normally don't play those kind of games but that was very entertaining. Thought Sakura Spirit would be like that but guess not.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
There should be a gift icon you can click on next to each game once you purchase the bundle. You can then send the link to whomever you want.

I might be thinking of indiegala though. Pretty sure it works similarly for HB. Redeem on Steam, or send as gift.
Ah, I completely missed the icon :)

Oh my fucking god. HiB 11 gave me 3 super good games I already own, I only wanted Antichamber. Too tired to set shit up today but I'ma give away some fine-ass games tomorrow.

Just watched go go nippon on the storepage. Looks actually not that bad or lewd or fanservicey. More like a playable harem anime.
Anyone played this can give recommendation? Keep in mind despite my avatar I haven't watched anime in over a year and don't play jrpgs.

Been reading a lot about Civ 5 recently so I deceded to finaly buy the Brave New World expansion so I can get started on it, as it's been sitting in my Steam back log for ages.

Found it cheapest on GamesRocket, a site that's not blacklisted on here and is listed on IsThereAnyDeal.com so I thought it would be safe to use... well, they've take the £10.95 from me via PayPal and then decide to tell me there's a problem with my order and are with holding the expansion pack from me.
Sucks to hear, man. Anything happened by now?

AHA-Lambda

I know this is old hat but I was just looking through some of the survival crafting games on Steam (still wanting to look more into this genre) and just realised how many there really is!

Minecraft
Terraria
Starbound
DayZ
Rust
Unturned
7 Days to Die
The Forest
Stomping Ground
Don't Starve

That's just top of my head, I'm sure there's more. Sorry, just kinda had to say how much I had not realised that this genre has bloody exploded, they all seem so similar, and outside of what Minecraft (and this is more building focused than survival really), Terraria and Don't Starve all of them seem to be early access too o_O

Tizoc

Gonna call up a friend and meet up so I can show him WAU on his HDTV. Gonna play it using my Laptop since the PS3 ver. has issues.
Freakin' hell Telltale.

Jawmuncher

Just watched go go nippon on the storepage. Looks actually not that bad or lewd or fanservicey. More like a playable harem anime.
Anyone played this can give recommendation? Keep in mind despite my avatar I haven't watched anime in over a year and don't play jrpgs.

Sucks to hear, man. Anything happened by now?

Go Go Nippon is great. There's only 2 "fanservice" screens but they don't really delve in the Sakura Spirit category. Aside from that it's a nice little VN (About 3 hours) that tells you all about japan with likeable characters. Ok well the Main character who you are is kind of an idiot but it's easy to look past him. It doesn't get into any harem angles though.

That's just top of my head, I'm sure there's more. Sorry, just kinda had to say how much I had not realised that this genre has bloody exploded, they all seem so similar, and outside of what Minecraft (and this is more building focused than survival really), Terraria and Don't Starve all of them seem to be early access too o_O

I dont think Minecraft is on Steam. It totally should be though. Steamworks for all of those mods would be nice

Turfster

Does that mean you bed all the cats instead of just one?

None. The game doesn't go past stilted and badly worded innuendo =p
It really is crap, and it should never have been released for money.
I feel sorry for the artists, who at least did good work.
Pity the rest of the people involved couldn't be arsed to.

Anyway, have an interesting deep analysis of Thi4f.

Thanks jawmuncher for your impressions. Will keep an eye out. Btw is there a way to hide a game in my library. Wouldn't wanna get in an embarassing situation with my siblings/relatives.

Funny spring loaded asked a similar question just before ;)

Lain

"As she said this, she giggled to herself, and leaned towards her draw, reaching for it with both hands. I let forth a yelp as I slapped a hand over my eyes, turning my head away from her as she began to pull through the clothes, searching for the one she was after."

This should never have been released for real money in its current state.

You're making me feel pretty bad for having bought it. I don't care how pandering a game is, how much fanservice it has, if it's just a nukige or the story is senseless, the work done (in this case, the text present) has to be professionally executed. All the typos and errors in the text I'm reading about are really pissing me off. I'm even feeling regret for putting money in the World End Economica Kickstarter.

Khronico

Speaking of VN's, I'm genuinely surprised Katawa Shoujo has yet to be released on Steam. Just checked and it's not even on greenlight either.

Khronico

There's lots of good visual novels that still really need to come to Steam :D

Hopefully Steins;Gate gets on Steam, would love to play that.

Yeah, but Katawa Shoujo is made by people who are not bound to any company and the game is free. There shouldn't be that many barriers - well, nudity and sexual intercourse of course, but if we can get Sakura Smut, it's not far away to some decent Visual Novel.

You can also totally disable h-scenes so that shouldn't be a problem.

Chariot

There's lots of good visual novels that still really need to come to Steam :D
Yeah, but Katawa Shoujo is made by people who are not bound to any company and the game is free. There shouldn't be that many barriers - well, nudity and sexual intercourse of course, but if we can get Sakura Smut, it's not far away to some decent Visual Novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom