• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken that I missed this post. I worked on Blur (it was my first game), and would love the chance to win it for my Steam library.

I realise this is against the spirit of the competition, but if the winner doesn't actually want to play the game I'll gladly buy you any full-price game (or two) on Steam in exchange, or buy a few nice things as a SteamGAF giveaway.

I feel like such a prick for writing that, but this was my baby :(

This post makes me sad. Someone help this man, please!

Jawmuncher

Well they'll be answering for it on the steam page so hopefully they do something right.

Since if it was just the soundtrack bundle being on sale they should have specified.

Jawmuncher

Wake up to play some Dark Souls this morning, decide to try out the shortcut to Lost Izalith since I hadn't taken that path yet to get the Sun Helm and

*SPOILERS YO*

They made me fight Broliare! NOOOOOO! What happened why did I have to kill my bro :(. Now I'm truly alone in Dark Souls, Brolaire was always my pal, but now he lays here dead.

Praise the sun one last time.

Chariot

hbdavc.png
I'm sorry, I really laughed at you rreaction.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So I did this thing.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Easy_D:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Easy_D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-43C28F5B4FC4CDE2 - Taken by DarkMehm
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-BDB8C4B6D74D01CC - Taken by The Cowboy

That's my guess as well (unless it's just a mistake), but that's still misleading advertising.

It's tricky, but you're not losing anything though? I mean, it's the same price? You feel like you were getting a deal beforehand but now you don't? Is that why people are flipping tables? It's not like people today are paying less, is it?

It's shady yes, but you were happy paying $9.99 before but now you're not, because other people are paying the same price and not more?

From the Steam Community

So probably a mistake.
I think the game is 14.99 on consoles as well, so the pricing doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well nevermind then I guess.

It's tricky, but you're not losing anything though? I mean, it's the same price? You feel like you were getting a deal beforehand but now you don't? Is that why people are flipping tables? It's not like people today are paying less, is it?

It's shady yes, but you were happy paying $9.99 before but now you're not, because other people are paying the same price and not more?

It's probably a mistake (see above) and I'm still happy about the price I paid, I just don't like being lied to and misled. Not really hard to understand.

Altazor

Wake up to play some Dark Souls this morning, decide to try out the shortcut to Lost Izalith since I hadn't taken that path yet to get the Sun Helm and

*SPOILERS YO*

They made me fight Broliare! NOOOOOO! What happened why did I have to kill my bro :(. Now I'm truly alone in Dark Souls, Brolaire was always my pal, but now he lays here dead.

Edit: also where can I find Titanite Chunks? I need them to upgrade my Grass Crest Shield, but I don't seem to have any now.

I told you to Prepare to Cry ;_;

As for the Titanite Chunks:
you can farm them from the Darkwraith enemies in New Londo Ruins. They have a very, very, very, very, VERY, small chance of dropping a Titanite Slab, but you can be trying for 1 hour+ and still not get it. So it's just more convenient to farm them for Chunks instead of Slabs. You can also trade Rubbish with the Crow in the Asylum for a Chunk

Istaerion

Any word on when Shantae: Risky's Revenge will release today? I don't find it all too promising that the Steam Store page has yet to materialize.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any word on when Shantae: Risky's Revenge will release today? I don't find it all too promising that the Steam Store page has yet to materialize.

in half an hour probably? thats when new releases usually go up

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The Forrest is a single player joint correct? not some DayZ / Rust multiplayer bullshit?

lol

The Forest is single player right now, but co-op is planned for the future. That said, not in the same vein as Rust or Day Z, but to have 2-4 people in a server who fight to survive together in the forest like a co-op survival thing rather than random people waiting in trees to snipe you for loot perma-death style.

Hugstable

Banned
I told you to Prepare to Cry ;_;

As for the Titanite Chunks:
you can farm them from the Darkwraith enemies in New Londo Ruins. They have a very, very, very, very, VERY, small chance of dropping a Titanite Slab, but you can be trying for 1 hour+ and still not get it. So it's just more convenient to farm them for Chunks instead of Slabs. You can also trade Rubbish with the Crow in the Asylum for a Chunk

Where do you get rubbish? I thought it was useless so I just gave it to Frampt just to get it out of my inventory. And now I realize that was a dumb move as they actually have a purpose -_-

Sarcasm

The Forest is single player right now, but co-op is planned for the future. That said, not in the same vein as Rust or Day Z, but to have 2-4 people in a server who fight to survive together in the forest like a co-op survival thing rather than random people waiting in trees to snipe you for loot perma-death style.

Also adding a mode where there is no cannibals.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

this pleases me

also, unrelated (or not who knows), I have a good feeling about the midweek deals
now watch it just be GTA4 and Dragon Age for the 567th time

That sounds fantastic, I might have to go ahead and get it now. :)

Altazor

Where do you get rubbish? I thought it was useless so I just gave it to Frampt just to get it out of my inventory. And now I realize that was a dumb move as they actually have a purpose -_-

the infested barbarians (the big fat guys) in Blighttown sometimes drop them. It's not necessary that you go all the way down though, you can just farm the ones in the entrance via Valley of Drakes.

Keep in mind that you can only do the trade ONCE. So just one rubbish is enough, don't waste your time ;)

Shadownet

Banned
Hey so GameStop sent me a 20% off of Pre-Owned Game coupon. So if anyone who is looking for something. I can see if I can get you a copy with that coupon. Since there is nothing I want right now.

Might also be able to stack my personal discount on top of that. 15%.

Just pay for the game and shipping. no interest. If I can help you find a copy of something. Let me know. I recently helped wilfaire track down a pre-owned but mint copy of Nier, with manual and everything.

Grief.exe

Bit of Cook, Serve, Delicious then finish up San Andreas.

Part of me wants to dive into Divinity, but another part is eyeing Deadly Premonition.

Jadax

Happens to most people first run - I was just lucky I
upgraded with the Chaos Servant Covenant which unlocked the doorway just before the Demon Firesage boss - you have to kill those sunlight maggots, because one of them infects Solaire

Hugstable

Banned
Playing Abyss Odyssey right now and just got done with the tutorial stage. This game truly does feel like a Smash Bros. fighting style game and controls alot like it, even down to the air dodges. Liking the music alot so far also.

Jawmuncher

Apparently Killer is Dead PC is supposed to be 60% off sometime today on amazon.com guess we'll see.

If it is its region locked just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom