• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Humble DRM-Freedom Sale recap day

BROFORCE (Early Access Game) - 33% off - $14.99 $9.99
Banished - 50% off - $19.99 $9.99
Rogue Legacy - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
Octodad: Dadliest Catch - 67% off - $14.99 $4.99
The Last Federation - 40% off - $19.99 $11.99
Dungeon Defenders - 85% off - $49.99 $7.49
Shadowrun Returns - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
Game Dev Tycoon - 60% off - $9.99 $3.99
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - 60% off - $14.99 $5.99
Hammerwatch - 75% off - $7.99 $1.99
FTL: Faster Than Light - 60% off - $9.99 $3.99
Bridge Constructor - 85% off - $9.99 $1.49
Risk of Rain - 67% off - $9.99 $3.32
Machinarium - 80% off - $9.99 $1.99
Teslagrad - 50% off - $9.99 $4.99
YOU DON'T KNOW JACK Bundle - 75% off - $19.99 $4.99
Volgarr the Viking - 67% off - $11.99 $3.99
Kentucky Route Zero - 50% off - $24.99 $12.49
Shadow Warrior - 80% off - $39.99 $7.99
Race The Sun - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Jazzpunk - 50% off - $14.99 $7.49
Overgrowth Alpha - 20% off - $29.95 $23.96
Surgeon Simulator 2013 - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49
Broken Age - 50% off - $24.99 $12.49
Ether One - 65% off - $19.99 $6.99
LUFTRAUSERS - 50% off - $9.99 $4.99
Retro City Rampage - 80% off - $9.99 $1.99
The Novelist - 75% off - $14.99 $3.74
The Floor is Jelly - 75% off - $9.99 $2.49

lol damn, now I have no excuse not to jump on Volgarr and LUFTRAUSERS. I missed the sales earlier in the week since I didn't really know about these games at the time. Awesome Recap day

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fnauql.png

oh only 92,99€? let me get right on that Firefall

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also, Space Engineers rising up in the charts after the announcement that Yogscast is in the game, its now 4th...

Yogscast is now taking a cut from every sale of the game too...

kxX7wfR.gif

...you enjoyed Tomb Raider? Or is this some classic Turf-sarcasm?

I enjoyed Tomb Raider.
It wasn't a classic Tomb Raider, but it was an entertaining and fun PC-Uncharted.

Tomb Raider was fantastic and gets a ton of shit unnecessarily because SE did a terrible job selling the game. It's Uncharted in parts, an ungrade system that's more resident evil 4 than you'd expect it to be, and a sprinkling of metroidvania over the top of it. It also looks pretty damn good, fwiw. Yeah, there's some unnecessary gruesomeness but it's not that big of a deal, really.

But since you didn't walk in a grid and shoot a Trex in the legs while doing awkward side jumps a loud contingent of people shat on it from the highest of the heavens.

Miletius

Putting a couple of thoughts about recent backlog hits:

10,000,000 was good. Just finished it up yesterday, the match 3 mechanic is interesting enough for short bursts, was perfect for taking turns to play since the matches don't last very long. I can get very frustrating though, especially when you get a bad run. It's also quite hard -- getting to 10,000,000 points is quite an accomplishment.

Grim Dawn is not ready yet. I think it has some potential, but it just doesn't have that balance of ARPG goodness right now. For me, the most fun of these games is class building, and between the lackluster skill selection and the limited point cap right now it doesn't quite add up. I'll revisit it on release though, it does have some interesting ideas including a dual class system that has a lot of potential.

Jawmuncher

Tomb Raider was fantastic and gets a ton of shit unnecessarily because SE did a terrible job selling the game. It's Uncharted in parts, an ungrade system that's more resident evil 4 than you'd expect it to be, and a sprinkling of metroidvania over the top of it. It also looks pretty damn good, fwiw. Yeah, there's some unnecessary gruesomeness but it's not that big of a deal, really.

But since you didn't walk in a grid and shoot a Trex in the legs while doing awkward side jumps a loud contingent of people shat on it from the highest of the heavens.

I'm not a fan of the older games but didn't enjoy TR that much. I think the biggest issue was the story. It was so uninteresting and the characters were so boring I could care less what was going on the island.

oh don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my time with it. Enough to 100% the SP portion
fuck games with MP cheevos

Game just gets a bad wrap around here. Looking forward to the sequel.

I bought humble flash bundle for 1$ for Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising and Red River.
Videos I watched of them looked like an accessible arma-type game.

Anyone played those games can give some opinions?

Scipius

You want some? Come get some!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-E3BB88BA269B26B0 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 12 entrants total.

t1405456308z1.png

As I thought. Sad but I think I'll live.

Don't really see how. You can only have a limited number of shares and the cards aren't really worth much. I guess getting free money for nothing is kinda bad though.

You can delete and add new share-partners though right? Also the money you can get form the cards adds up very quickly.

MUnited83

For you.
As I thought. Sad but I think I'll live.

Don't really see how. You can only have a limited number of shares and the cards aren't really worth much. I guess getting free money for nothing is kinda bad though.

Hahaha. Very appropriate.

Farm cards. Deauthorize account. Farm cards with other account.

You could farm infinite cards.

Turfster

I'm not a fan of the older games but didn't enjoy TR that much. I think the biggest issue was the story. It was so uninteresting and the characters were so boring I could care less what was going on the island.
oh don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed my time with it. Enough to 100% the SP portion
fuck games with MP cheevos

Game just gets a bad wrap around here. Looking forward to the sequel.

Yup, I almost 100% SP'd it (got tired when I saw the rest of the cheevos were MP bullshit)
The story was... middling and kinda meh, but I'm suspecting a classic case of "here are some setpieces, link them together please." Still a masterpiece compared to the Thi4f 'story'. ;)

also, Space Engineers rising up in the charts after the announcement that Yogscast is in the game, its now 4th...

God damn it.

Helmholtz

Forget idling. I value my gameplay time over anything else.

The best thing about Steam for me.
Same here. I'm also careful to not leave games running when I'm not at my PC. I just think it's kind of cool to know roughly how long you've spent in certain games (and in my case, kind of depressing for Dota 2).

Enco

Doesn't it stop giving you drops after a few cards?

Would that barrier be reset if you deauthorise? Not sure how it works but in that case yea it makes sense.

That's fair. The characters are paper thin and the plot is just a flimsy excuse to get you on that weird island so you can shoot things with a crossbow. Fair enough. But i've never sat around wondering about the intricacies of Lara's mansion or anything so i've never really cared for the series as far as the story goes. I just wanna jump on things and shoot things while exploring really well done environments.

Maybe i just have low standards, hah.

That's fair. The characters are paper thin and the plot is just a flimsy excuse to get you on that weird island so you can shoot things with a crossbow. Fair enough. But i've never sat around wondering about the intricacies of Lara's mansion or anything so i've never really cared for the series as far as the story goes. I just wanna jump on things and shoot things while exploring really well done environments.

Maybe i just have low standards, hah.

You don't have low standards...the bow was just THAT good.

kxX7wfR.gif

I had no idea what a yogcast was until a couple days ago, after what I've seen I'm not sure how I feel about them licensing themselves out to be used in games, also it blows my mind that people paid half a million dollars for a game based on a youtube channel, what a strange situation all around.

Rhaknar

I was just talking to corrosivefrost about getting the old tomb raiders just to own them and its a midweek

frost is gaben confirmed

Turfster

I've read a lot of mixed impressions of the game though...

It's an interesting premise, but the actual gameplay is more... eh.
(Could be because I can't hold a controller properly at the moment, but it was more frustrating than fun)

I was just talking to corrosivefrost about getting the old tomb raiders just to own them and its a midweek

frost is gaben confirmed

Father Frost, how about a EU price error on the stuff in my wishlist, thank you ;)

Autofokus

I have

- Volgarr
- Ether One
- The Floor is Jelly
- Whispering Willows

in my cart. Any duds in there, before I pull the trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom