• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Divinity Original Sin is updating! :D
anyone knows what's the update?

fNWQQgw.png

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=519960

Man, good thing I got in at $5 for BTA. X-COM Complete was not worth waiting an extra week, and an extra $3.

Good news, though. They're all separate keys.

MadGear

Meh, still worth the 5$ i paid for it but expected either the Bioshock 2 DLC or CiV 5 (which i would have given away to a friend because i already own it). Not much of a retro gamer myself, so thats a bit disappointing i guess.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I actually wanted to get the old Xcom games for some time now, but not for 8$...

I blame Turtle Rock Studios :mad:

UncleBiz

just started abyss odyssey, and i can tell already that i'll like it. controls feel pretty good, definitely heavy inspired by smash, but a little bummed by not being able to use the dpad to move or be able to configure the controller at all, only keyboard. excited to play though :) hopefully we can get some gaf versus going sometime

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
You want mine? I had previously won them in a ModBot giveaway, so giving you my Humble copies would complete the circle.

I wasn't stealthbegging but since you offered them I'll gladly take them :p

Also thanks to Toki767 for offering his copies too

For interested parties, but parties not interested in spending $8.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-4F91B4CEA36CC8B9 - Taken by angular graphics. 4 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-78AFB2CFB7C8A63A - Taken by Diedac. 9 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-D03587A06B32E3CC - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 5 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-EE2F8C8122FDF380 - Taken by Pudge. 3 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-8A22A5A3C125FBAC - Taken by Evrain. 4 entrants total.

t1405458469z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would have preferred Duke Nukem. Or Borderlands.

hmm

Speaking of Borderlands, 2K pulled the Borderlands + Borderlands 2 bundle earlier. If I had to guess, this was because either:

- There's sale coming up to coincide with Pre-Sequel becoming available for pre-purchase and 2K wants to nickel-and-dime people as much as possible, or
- It's to be replaced with a three-game bundle (original + sequel + "pre-sequel")

Enco

My friend gifted me xcom UFO defence.

I played for 5 minutes or so and haven't touched it since. Way too confusing and old to be worth the time.

because i'll never have the time to play these games. enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM UFO Defense -- MB-EDE52B214131D080 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
X-COM Interceptor -- MB-4C28E68714C89CD9 - Taken by Ezalc. 3 entrants total.
X-COM Apocalypse -- MB-5D45A56600871635 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
X-COM Enforcer -- MB-23F918F1D39A9835 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
X-COM Terror from the Deep -- MB-C5770A0BBA94833A - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 3 entrants total.

t1405448749z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wasn't stealthbegging but since you offered them I'll gladly take them :p

Also thanks to Toki767 for offering his copies too

but youre a ninja

edit: "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty is a next-gen remake for the original Oddworld game, Abe's Oddysee." wait what? o_O

Speaking of Borderlands, 2K pulled the Borderlands + Borderlands 2 bundle earlier. If I had to guess, this was because either:

- There's sale coming up to coincide with Pre-Sequel becoming available for pre-purchase and 2K wants to nickel-and-dime people as much as possible, or
- It's to be replaced with a three-game bundle (original + sequel + "pre-sequel")

oooooh, I hope the former, I'd like to try it before I'd commit to the pre sequel price!

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Don't want these

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Flips360, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM UFO Defense -- MB-C7D563D029D7D691 - Taken by Woody Invincible
X-COM Interceptor -- MB-764BE088027DDE66 - Taken by fernandes. 4 entrants total.
X-COM Apocalypse -- MB-C3E639530C130A2F - Taken by wetflame. 1 entrants total.
X-COM Enforcer -- MB-C49A7BE88D61F4E8 - Taken by Aaron
X-COM Terror from the Deep -- MB-AD5900185C621C26 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.

t1405448869z1.png

Nete

I SEE X-COM EVERYWHERE.

Already have them, sooo...

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-0B7170235B740FE4 - Taken by KainXVIII. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-C543B13770A87848 - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-DC16B90851F4D599 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-F40847AC81B12114 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 2 entrants total.
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-AE559B60720852B2 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.

t1405448930z1.png

Vazduh

Hahahah, it seems I'm not the only one that's giving away these:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-705A38E64B3C3CC1 - Taken by sprinkles
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-60EAA9F7DFD3E6EB - Taken by Pudge
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-46609B100D9E9D4C - Taken by Evrain
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-576AA4D07AF5DC74 - Taken by Archaix
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-9B9D2FBD9C1CBF9F - Taken by Servizio

Divius

lol these giveaways. I might give them away as well.

I might also add them to steam so that I will have exactly 200 games (!)

edit: hmm I'm at 198 now. Could've sworn it was 195 before.

derExperte

I played for 5 minutes or so and haven't touched it since. Way too confusing and old to be worth the time.

I bought X-COM Apocalypse for full price in 97, played 30 minutes, stopped and it's been in my backlog ever since.

Which begs the question: What's the oldest game that I wanted to complete one day but haven't....

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For people unsure about the old Xcom-Might be worth it to try one of them and see if you might like it with an updated interface. Xenonauts is mostly the same ideas but slightly cleaned up without streamlining or simplifying all that much.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

*Shakes head*

Sorry, but my eternal love for this game will never vanish. So, no offense ;)

Evrain

Let there be gaaaaaaames! *Oasis playing in the background*
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Evrain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Bioshock -- MB-A059F94A10CF2315 - Taken by lukiluk. 1 entrants total.
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-7BD48EE9F315CBA6

t1405449109z1.png

Kanokare

Humble Bundle for all 5 of the original X-COM games. I'll PM winner the other 4 links afterward.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanokare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

X-COM: Complete Pack -- MB-7617809DB9D5BA1E - Taken by Pakkidis. 8 entrants total.

t1405449050z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom