• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the only fighting game that uses the system you described there is Mortal Kombat (and maybe Injustice).

But no, it's Smash Bros.

God, that makes it sound like garbage from the start. I wish people would stop saying that. Smash isn't even a fighting game as far as I'm concerned. It's a party brawler.

It's an interesting premise, but the actual gameplay is more... eh.
(Could be because I can't hold a controller properly at the moment, but it was more frustrating than fun)

speaking of...any more updates on the arm?

Basically....are we closer to or further from that nightmare fuel .gif that Rhaknar keeps posting?

The only thing better than a bundle deal:

wellwellwellrwk7n.jpg

I've read a lot of mixed impressions of the game though...

You shut up and buy it. Octodad is table flipping awesomeness from start to finish. :p
And stop taunting us with your access to JaseC's family share account. >_<

also, Space Engineers rising up in the charts after the announcement that Yogscast is in the game, its now 4th...

Yogscast is now taking a cut from every sale of the game too...

kxX7wfR.gif

Were it just a referral link for Humble type of deal, nobody woulda cared. But this is still pretty uncomfortable I must say. But the lack of actual tracking for this feels weird. Shame, I quite liked their Civ MP series.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
God, that makes it sound like garbage from the start. I wish people would stop saying that. Smash isn't even a fighting game as far as I'm concerned. It's a party brawler.

Its a fighting game just not the typical fighter. There are Arena Fighters like Power Stone and the recent DBZ games and many others that are out of the ordinary 2D fighting perspective.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't it stop giving you drops after a few cards?

Would that barrier be reset if you deauthorise? Not sure how it works but in that case yea it makes sense.

The issue is that you don't need to be a certain level to receive card drops, so you could share your account among friends or even just alts and essentially receive far more drops than you ought to be entitled to.

I look forward to playing Abyss Odyssey, I won a copy from MakeshiftChef's giveaway, you guys are good at getting me hype for a game I knew nothing of or about.

StAidan

That's fair. The characters are paper thin and the plot is just a flimsy excuse to get you on that weird island so you can shoot things with a crossbow. Fair enough. But i've never sat around wondering about the intricacies of Lara's mansion or anything so i've never really cared for the series as far as the story goes. I just wanna jump on things and shoot things while exploring really well done environments.

Maybe i just have low standards, hah.

I'm still working my way through Tomb Raider (as of last night, just
rescued Sam and escaped from the temple
), but I've greatly enjoyed my entire time with it, both the battle and exploration/collection aspects. I don't mind the story that much either, it seems to do the job well enough. (Although -- for a reboot that's supposed to emphasize the humanness of Lara -- many of the story points really stretch the boundaries of belief. Oh well.)

Anyway, I'm already looking forward to the sequel, I could easily take another dose of the gameplay that Tomb Raider offers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, what happened here? I must have totally missed something.

Turf is Tetsuo and is going to kill us all with his mutant arm

he's been having pain in his arm for weeks now to the point where he cant use a controller or have a wank

Enco

The issue is that you don't need to be a certain level to receive card drops, so you could share your account among friends or even just alts and essentially receive far more drops than you ought to be entitled to.
Do your drops depend on level?

So if someone is higher level they get more drops?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have just angered GabenFrost then. None of the games I want will be going on sale.

youre a braver man than me, I didnt pull the trigger

40% lolno capcom

So I played about half an hour of Sakura Spirit.

Man, I really wish I got Shovel Knight for that copy of Watch Dogs now. Woof.
image.php

Big thanks to Yakkue for helping with the watermark nonsense!

Yakku is the GOAT at avatars, the made me a godlike new one for friday

Each game gives you a set number of drops when you buy it (usually ~50% of the full set). That's it, it's unrelated to your level. F2P games give you an extra drop for every ~$9 you spend.

JaseC

omg new saoirse so good

Big thanks to Yakkue for helping with the watermark nonsense!

The dlc works on other regions too?

Yeah, compatibility is app-based and there's only one Tomb Raider app. Being able to buy JP store stuff on Steam AU is something I discovered accidentally when Mafia 2 popped up as a Daily last year (it has a JP-specific app, which I wanted).

This is verging into off topic territory, but I was basically one-armed for all practical purposes for over a month, and am now finally getting the use of my right hand back, slowly but surely.

Ah, that sucks. I messed up my hand once and it really sucked, so I can relate. Glad it's getting better though!

Ventara

Have any of you guys played Edge of Space? It's on sale right now for 55% off.

I'm a big fan of Terraria, so this immediately caught my eye, especially since I've never heard of it before.

So, no one here has played it yet?

It's in the Humble Weekly for less if you take the rest into account ;)

Thanks for letting me know. I skimmed the games when the bundle initially went up and didn't recognize any names, so I didn't bother checking them out. But now that I look into them, they look kinda good. Still not sure if I sure if I should get it though. I mainly want Edge of Space, and I can get it of a Russian trader for $3. If only Starbound was in that bundle, I would drop $10 so fast.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm glad I'm managing to play The Witcher 1 without my usual completionist mindset because damn, those quests accumulate quite fast. And apparently a lot of scenarios pan out differently depending on how you approach them. I still keep getting sidetracked all the time though, haha.

Can you get cards when playing shared games?
image.php
:lol

JaseC

AScot's already answered this, but I'll add that the F2P system (needing to buy $10 worth of DLC/microtransactions to receive a drop) is something that was extended to paid games, too, so if you used up all your drops for, say, Enemy Unknown and bought Enemy Within at half off, you'd receive an extra drop.

Edit: Retail key activations count, too. I received two drops after activating an Amazon key for Enemy Within.

Ezalc

Just had two people on my friend's list start playing Abyss Odyssey at the same time. Nito did an excellent job it seems.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Demonicon is fun jank. Not great, but just enough jank to be endearing. It's not a good game, but I'm having a fun time seeing what the fuck it does next. Also, your character is WEIRD about your sister.

Rhaknar

So Demonicon is fun jank. Not great, but just enough jank to be endearing. It's not a good game, but I'm having a fun time seeing what the fuck it does next. Also, your character is WEIRD about your sister.

whats weird about true love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom