• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant wait for marvel vs capcom 3 to finally come to PC on august 8th!

xhyxlt.gif

I have all of that, you suck!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
(I assume a screenshot of the indieroyale bundle page works, I doubt any of us kept those old ass emails)

I still have all more or less important and personal emails I received in the last 10+ years, it's not like they take a lot of space (and are synced to my IMAP email account), I just use the archive function for all stuff that I don't delete...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait, where does it say that's happening? How did I miss that?

dont you see the GIF? if thats not a marvel combo I dont know what it is

edit: Nabs knows whats up

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
For the new page, Also Rhaknar don't worry that will be taken care of

mk3subzerofriend_1.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-B6EF5D0EF1EB4FFF - Taken by PetriP-TNT
Shovel Knight -- MB-507E681011307B17 - Taken by Parsnip
Transistor -- MB-725463CBE6F69D04 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

t1405460273z1.png

BruteUA

I swear, the gods hate me. Installed Abyss Odyssey, bought Strider, about to buy Tomb Raider. Which one should I boot up first? None, there's a really nasty storm outside now and I need to shut down.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But for real, the original UFO (X-Com just sounds wrong to my European ears :p) is not that complicated, clunky by today standards but not hard to understand...

But yeah, Xenonauts loks like a good, more modern alternative.

And btw, I really like the new XCOM, the old one is just such a great classic

Maybe I'm just getting old...

It's damned complicated and maybe the least intuitive game I have ever played. There's so much that you can easily screw up and not know for hours, you can toss pretty much your entire campaign down the drain while still learning what's going on.

I always used a "Game Editor", can't remember the name, that let you edit the savegames. Adding funds, changing the hangar layouts, free Laser Rifles and so on... good times :)

Oh, sure, if you play like that it's not complicated!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the old system is:
- +1 if you buy DLC
- Otherwise 0
- Doesn't show up in library unless installed

While the new system is:
- +1 if you add
- Shows up in library unless you remove it from your account page.

I'm not at home so I don't have client access, but in my web library, Unturned shows up despite the fact that I haven't and probably won't install it.

Previous system:
- Sub 0: No +1s, but games are tethered to your library as paid games are if you own DLC for them
- Free licence system: Functionally identical to the paid licence system (+1s and the games remain in your library even when uninstalled regardless of DLC)

Current system (new sub type):
- +1s across the board, however unless DLC is owned the games are not tethered to your library, which is rather awkward and something I hope Valve fixes

Elija2

I was gonna give away all the XCOM games but since everyone else is doing it too I guess I'll just redeem them to add to my games number.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

One Finger Death Punch -- MB-0196AA9334FE99B2 - Taken by Hanzou

aku:jiki

Dj CUTMAN posted a pretty nice Shovel Knight remix. I like it.

http://music.djcutman.com/track/shovel-knight-strike-the-earth-remix

No one has a strong opinion. Like 10 different people have posted about Lifeless Planet, most to say it's alright but not amazing. Only you can decide if it's worth spending your money on stuff or not. Edge of Space is $5.84 on Steam right now, and I'd guess that if you wanted these three games for less than $10 by the end of the year you could get them that cheap if you wait. It's two Terraria style games and one atmospheric gameplay-light adventure. Are those types of games you like?
I couldn't get out of the drop pod in Signs of Life and therefore the game is stupid.

Hrmm...I might have to bite on Risk of Rain for $3.29 on the humble store.

I should be able to get a couple hours of fun out of that one, right? Is it recommended to stick to multiplayer?
You'll get 20+ hours out of it and I recommend singleplayer. The challenge is great and once you learn all the moves for a character, the combat becomes somewhat sublime. Some of that is probably lost in fucking around with 3 friends.

dot

http://i.minus.com/icWuA5NGsUVEY.gif

I love Diggle's reactions.

A Reddit user posted Waykewl's press release. Basically, the small bit off more than it could chew and all assets related to the game have been handed over to Yogscast in hope that the project finds a new home. It's yet anther cautionary tale of why folks should only back projects that are being developed by people with relevant experience as opposed to getting caught up in something that seems cool.

Aww....i see. That's unfortunate. I hope the Yogscast guys can get the game done eventually. I wanna play it.

Aooarently :/

I was excited for it because I thought it was going to be free. I believe I even found in the free to play category when I wishlisted it...

Absolute chicanery IMO

And apparently, from what I've read, the developers having been reviewing the game and (surprisingly) giving it the ol' thumbs up.

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom