• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SON OF A WHORE

cant sell shit because I used my new card to add funds

wheres all my table flip gifs at >_<

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-4984C3E1F46C0D9A - Taken by Pudge
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-918FFC6CD67D2D36 - Taken by danhese007
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-134C67AD8BB84060 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-AA5BBA3E03D549DE - Taken by alr1ght
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-15F6F447228F5469 - Taken by Evrain

rtcn63

wheres all my table flip gifs at >_<

tumblr_mmggr3nqC31spi2axo1_400.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Kiru

There is still people playing it online? Gonna have to try to get the achievements then :p

Funny enough, I looked for someone who would play it with me, and I got a message from someone one my friendlist who I only know from trading. So good. I could help you to get the Co-op ones if you don't find anybody else.

Finalow

I can't change my steam username in any way, right? I mean the one that I use to log in. I think you can change the url in your profile link but couldn't find anything else.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
God, that makes it sound like garbage from the start. I wish people would stop saying that. Smash isn't even a fighting game as far as I'm concerned. It's a party brawler.

lolololololol.

no.

smash set with stocks and no items (and even 2 player if you must) is just as serious a competitive fighter as tekken or SF.

don't assume just because the default options in the game make for a fun party button smasher that the underlying engine isn't in reality an incredible fighting game system.

you can make tekken/street fighter just as much a party button masher as you can make smash a real fighting game. It's just all about the default options the games boot up under.

I can't change my steam username in any way, right? I mean the one that I use to log in. I think you can change the url in your profile link but couldn't find anything else.

you can change your screen name (what shows up on your profile and in games) but no, you can't change your username. Does your username even show up anywhere aside from the login box?

r3n4ud

so is Abyss Odyssey any good? From the last video I saw it looked pretty interesting.

I've only just begun, but ya, seems quite good. The enemies are quite fugly-looking and they enjoy kicking my ass in the tough areas. I die a lot and then must start over, but I get to where I was before I died rather quickly.

Kanokare

The X-COM bundle I gave away someone already had it and I'm trying to nuke it. I can't seem to nuke it and when I try to Register Games again it says I gotta follow the guidelines. No sure what I'm doing wrong...

_hekk05

Banned
The X-COM bundle I gave away someone already had it and I'm trying to nuke it. I can't seem to nuke it and when I try to Register Games again it says I gotta follow the guidelines. No sure what I'm doing wrong...

You can't nuke things if they're not steam keys I think (at least the last time I tried)

JaseC

what's with the Jared Leto avatar Jasec?

yourestupida2s3d.gif

<3

b-but it's awful. :(
valve please, let me do that.

I do think Valve, if nothing else, should give those with an e-mail address-based username a one-off chance at setting a proper username.

... as evidenced by our lovely Fridge here ;)

I actually don't mind being stuck with "nofuckingidea". Considering I typed it out of frustration, I could have chosen worse. ;)

NIN90

So, uh, the Witcher 3 I got by trading TF2 keys shows up as Witcher 3 RU on my account.
I should be in the clear since it's already activated on my account, right?

actually - that's a lower case "L" :p
Spelling it with an i was so hard even in my head, ha.

Watching the 14min borderlands sequel e3 gameplay demo from gamersyde in super quality. All I can say is, wish the 2k bundle extra was Borderlands 2. Looks so fun in co-op.
Ah, well. Next sale is up around the corner.

dot

lolololololol.

no.

smash set with stocks and no items (and even 2 player if you must) is just as serious a competitive fighter as tekken or SF.

don't assume just because the default options in the game make for a fun party button smasher that the underlying engine isn't in reality an incredible fighting game system.

you can make tekken/street fighter just as much a party button masher as you can make smash a real fighting game. It's just all about the default options the games boot up under.

Smash isn't a real fighting game.

and did you just try and compare Smash to Tekken/Street Fighter? lol

Kiru

So, uh, the Witcher 3 I got by trading TF2 keys shows up as Witcher 3 RU on my account.

Mine and PrematureQuiche's are the same. You should be. My Valiant Hearts copy also got that RU on my account but it still works totally fine.

Echoplx

They recently added an RU specific sub for it, at this point it's not region locked but if they decide to add runtime restrictions you will be screwed.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why am I not really surprised the yogcast game kickstarter turned out to be a big dud?

Probably because it sounded like a scam from the start.

so indiegala put out soul gambler keys faster than indieroyale put out millenium 2 keys? unexpected

Just checked, and GMG still doesn't have Steam keys for that game. I guess I'm going to have to email them at some point, I hate when I have to do that. Inconvenience that shouldn't happen, grumble grumble.

New quality releases from Strategy First:

I'm having Big Rigs flashbacks again, why does this game exist

header_292x136.jpg

Sunless Sea

The following are my early impressions from the Unterzee:

The comparison you make to Arkham Horror and Lovecraft just makes me want to buy this game even more :(

also, Space Engineers rising up in the charts after the announcement that Yogscast is in the game, its now 4th...

Yogscast is now taking a cut from every sale of the game too...

Well, in light of their game's Kickstarter quality updates, I guess it's safe to say that the Yogscast are completely trustworthy, and aren't scumbags at all.

Khronico

Wait so is mercenary kings actually bad or what? All I've heard is negative impressions since it came out. I may need to remove it from my wishlist if so...

Kanokare

This is the X-COM original games bundle currently being given away at Humble Bundle for the bonus games! I will PM the winner the other 4 links.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kanokare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: Complete Pack -- MB-44647C609A4C92EA - Taken by Kiru. 6 entrants total.

t1405452591z1.png

JaseC

They recently added an RU specific sub for it, at this point it's not region locked but if they decide to add runtime restrictions you will be screwed.

Theoretically you're right, but in practice CDPR would have no choice to remove OARIC/PRINC since the sub was completely region-free and so they'd affect those who genuinely received the game as a gift. See: Payday 2/The Bureau/Black Flag pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom