• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-2 In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where Abyss Odyssey stores it's saves? I quit out of the prologue to go force Vsync since the in-game option wasn't sticking, and now I can't redo the intro sequence. Kinda silly, but I wanna start completely fresh.

Also, it doesn't support resolutions over 1080p as of yet.

Edit: figured it out. the replay prologue dealio wasn't just tooltip text but an actual option to replay the prologue.

Dat feel when you go to play Terraria after months of leaving it alone, only to discover all of your stuff has disappeared.

I had drills and everything......damn.

Just got accepted into the closed multiplayer beta for The Witcher: Adventure Game and it came with a bonus key. Since this thread is a lot more active than the GOG one I thought I'd drop it here rather than there.

If you get it, you just go to http://gog.com/redeem and enter it after logging in with your GOG account.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a GOG key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jim-jam bongs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Witcher Adventure Game -- MB-6FA5B34C8D4DC32A - Taken by 28 Posts Later

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I just bought Edge of Space from a guy's dispenser for 2 keys. Tried to activate my copy and I get this message "Unable to add the gift to your game library. The gift may have already been redeemed. Please try again later."

Did I get scammed?

Ruruja

Just got accepted into the closed multiplayer beta for The Witcher: Adventure Game and it came with a bonus key. Since this thread is a lot more active than the GOG one I thought I'd drop it here rather than there.

If you get it, you just go to http://gog.com/redeem and enter it after logging in with your GOG account.

Is that the one that lets you sample the GOG Galaxy beta too?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
This might be one of the funniest things I've ever read here. Thanks for the laugh. :D

Oh, I see you've got it covered. Excellent. Carry on then.

Smash isn't a real fighting game.

and did you just try and compare Smash to Tekken/Street Fighter? lol

oh my. you guys make such strong and convincing arguments. how can one possibly counter such thorough and thought out responses.

deep move set? check.
combos/blocking/throws/cancels/etc? check.
100% skill based (with items turned off)? check.
skilled player is able to dominate button masher? check.
high participation in competitive scene? check.

but you're right. I can see how "nuh uh." is just an outstanding counter point. I look forward to more deep counter points and wish to subscribe to your newsletter on the subject.

edit - to be only SLIGHTLY less snarky (but just a little) I am absolutely curious as to what qualifies it as NOT being a fighter. aka what can you do in a "fighting game" (as you apparently qualify it) that positively cannot be done in smash.

Is that the one that lets you sample the GOG Galaxy beta too?

Not sure actually, it installs with something called GOG Launcher which I've not used before. It also says "up to date" under the game so I assume that is an updater too, but it doesn't have much else to it.

Guys, please post impressions because I want the physical / board game copy so bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just bought Edge of Space from a guy's dispenser for 2 keys. Tried to activate my copy and I get this message "Unable to add the gift to your game library. The gift may have already been redeemed. Please try again later."

Did I get scammed?

thats what you get for dissing my giveaway!

(but seriously could just be server hickup, try again in a few minutes, if it was redeemed it wouldnt be in his inventory correct?)

HEYOOO almost finished packing and even got to see Dawn of the Planets of the Apes!Great movie, can't wait for the next. Got really bored of packing so I'm downloading Abyss Odyssey right now and going to give that ago before I'm out. Hope its great ^-^ Does the OST download with the game? I'd like to put it on my ipod

pcnRgDgZzpve.png

I think I passed the point of no return. Now over %50 of my games are unplayed, even with card idling and playfiring with games I never even installed.

So did anyone here get a beta key for the Witcher Adventure game? I loaded it up and it is a board game video game just like Talisman is, with quests and all. Anyone played it, it's online only in Beta and there is no gog Galaxy client with it.

jem0208

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but GO BUY SHOOTMANIA STORM from the sale!!!

It's £4 and fucking awesome.

Edit: Quick warning, it is a bit dead in NA though.

ev0

Found an oldie lying around! Dunno if anyone doesn't have these though heh
Games are
Crayon Physics Deluxe, VVVVVV, Cogs, Hammerfight, And Yet it Moves, Steel Storm, Atom Zombie Smasher

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-29F94483EE179EBE - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.

t1405454511z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
thats what you get for dissing my giveaway!

(but seriously could just be server hickup, try again in a few minutes, if it was redeemed it wouldnt be in his inventory correct?)

It's the first time that this has happened to me and the error message seems kinda weird. Game is currently in my inventory but I can't activate it, it apparently comes from a 4-pack opening

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Why does the release date say this?

Release Date: Oct 4, 2010

I thought it was debuting on Steam today? Was it there before and it got pulled?

they might've messed something up ... the game did get released today (well, the PC version did, at least :p)

Ruruja

Do you think the GOG thread will eventually be merged into Steam? Would the Steam thread be renamed?

I haven't been around NeoGAF for years like some of you, do they prefer more specific threads rather than one all-encompassing one?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Finished Abyss Odyssey on my 4th run. Game is great and now I gotta level up Pincoya and Ghost Monk to beat the game with them.

OMG i was hoping that The Witcher: Adventure game was a point and click version of the witcher 1, which is something i have been wishing for since I gave up on that game a couple of months ago.

It's just a freaking board game, though : / That series would be PERFECT for an adventure game, dammit.

DarkMehm

*push*

ModBot said:
Instructions for DarkMehm:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-C229215D62EAE545 - Taken by Natty1
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-167355DF6760264B
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-4DDA5D8ED4123814
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-ED2256A54AC6C185
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-F1463CBF49A48FDC

t1405459969z1.png

taco543

here you guys go, I have two sets of these so ill post the other next!
ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-73DA62B7D81622B7 - Taken by rainking187
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-3443E4FAD498DEB1 - Taken by Zeliard
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-7640CDC735673550 - Taken by sprinkles
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-A08950AC726D7A1A - Taken by HalfwayOrb
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-8488F25FC2C45409

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
well, like I said about a week ago - it's pretty much FTL meets Lovecraft ... with LOTS AND LOTS (no, really - a loooooot) of reading included :) awesome game

I really hope that it gets a decent discount during the winter sale.

I pity the fool who actually tries to discuss games here.

We sometimes talk about games. Sometimes we leave impressions

Mostly talk about buying them though.

why is she saying 'fork'?

It's the Irish accent :p

Turfster

How much is the Japanese language pack for Tomb Raider anyway?
(And no, apparently, they really don't want EU people to find out, can't even browse to it.)

yuraya

Disappointed with the Humble 2K extras :( Was hoping they at least throw in some old NBA games, CIV, or maybe Borderlands. oh well...still one of the best bundles this year imo.

Nete

Funny enough, I looked for someone who would play it with me, and I got a message from someone one my friendlist who I only know from trading. So good. I could help you to get the Co-op ones if you don't find anybody else.

Already done them in "offline multiplayer" with two gamepads. A bit tricky to control one with each hand, but the achievements were easy at least. Worst part was to find a "shooting" baddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom